Fedor goes out there and try to kill you

He doesn't even "try"

He is 100% Kill or be killed.

He was the same back in the day, but he was much more cautious and calculated, and consequently didn't lose fights in a stupid fashion like he did against Meathead or Henderson.

I wanted to watch this!!
I'll find the replay of the fight somewhere I guess...<2> At least Fedor whooped Sonnen so I have that going for me.

And, yeah, no foot-sniffing, body-rubbing or dancing-around nonsense for points. Fedor meant, and still means, business.

Cain would need at least 20 more fights than he already has to even smell Fedor.

people act like Cain was so close to being a GOAT. he needed a solid 10 years of smashing in order to catch him, that's not a small feat.

not to mention, i doubt he doesn't catch some hands and get KO'd again by someone like Ngannou or something had he stayed injury free. his striking defense leaves a lot left to be desired.

Cain was just lucky to not have fought anyone who fought back enough. people should've known when Cheick Kongo dropped him like a sack of potatoes each time in the beginning of the rounds.

he doesn't have a chin for the HW division, and he doesn't have the defense to protect it. sooner or later he was going to run into someone who will not be afraid to strike back, he's lucky it was Werdum and not some animal like Ngannou.

when you get rocked by punches like these from Werdum, it is a godsend he didn't get hit by someone like Carwin or Mark Hunt.
tumblr_npy2mltxaH1u2ragso7_250.gif

Cain also had the good fortune to only fight the same two guys for five fights in a row, one of which being the all time great known as Bigfoot. Even though he dominated JDS twice, he also got one hitter quittered by him. His second best opponent was probably Brock, who he had the good fortune to fight AFTER Brock was trying to come back from diverticulitis and was noticeably slower and weaker.

Cain is one of the best HW's in recent memory, but he's not close to being the GOAT not even if you ignore his fantastic luck in matchmaking.

The spirit of Brawdonaldo lives in him....

Fedor out-grappled a prime Big Nog (x2), and out-struck a prime Cro Cop. He also KO'd Arlovski and subbed Big Tim and Mark Coleman (x2). He literally beat the best of his era at HW.

Back