Fedor Emelianenko vs Kazuyuki Fujita

the amount of upsets against the top guys is almost zero though. randleman knocking out cro cop. all the top guys absolutely feasted on the lower guys and almost never lost

The biggest upset ever in MMA is still Pride's Lil Nog vs Sokoudjou, you also had a freak accident in Shogun vs Coleman. Considering how little he did with his MMA career, Schembri vs Saku should count too.

Fujita did not have ANYTHING close to a legit skill set. Your revisionist history is pathetic.

He had legit wrestling.... Not sure what are you about.

Yes, all of his other skills were rudimentary at best, but this was the case with most HWs, and sadly is the case with most HWs right now too, lol.

Travis Browne is still like top 10 HW in UFC, and it's hard to tell what exactly is his 'skillset'.

He had legit wrestling.... Not sure what are you about.

Yes, all of his other skills were rudimentary at best, but this was the case with most HWs, and sadly is the case with most HWs right now too, lol.

Travis Browne is still like top 10 HW in UFC, and it's hard to tell what exactly is his 'skillset'.

It used to be being mobile and being an ex-basketball player but he seems to have lost that mobility as well.

Damn, Fujita was a beast. In his prime, I think he would beat most current UFC hws. I will always be a fan.
He got beat by a UFC throwaway just a few years after that in Jeff Monson.

It used to be being mobile and being an ex-basketball player but he seems to have lost that mobility as well.

He had legit athletic, combatative talent, for sure. Ability to rain down such strikes and elbows while keeping balance... Damn.

But mobility part was simple - he was training at Jackson's/Winklejon's....

Now, for many years he is training with clownshoes Edmond, literally paying him to receive brain damage... Just sad.

So i see u pointed every mma event? so how u rate Fedor?

Classic moment, lol at Quadros' call. That's how we all felt watching this at the time!

He was far from a can but he was very limited. He's not cracking the top 15 in UFC today. His greatest asset was his chin. He had decent wrestling (in a time where takedown defense and scrambling abilities were very rare) and a big right hand.
I don't buy your "new breed talks".

Fujita was a terrible striker, just like Werdum, Jacare, Khabib, Maia, Lesnar and many others. What he did have that most of these lack is power And an iron head!.. and you can get very far by wrestling and power. Looks at Brock or Romero. Not cracking the top 15 is a bit far out, no? The top ten today is pretty aging...

Between surviving this and the Randleslam and going on to with both matches by brutal subs,

Fedor = HW GOAT

He got beat by a UFC throwaway just a few years after that in Jeff Monson.

Calling anyone from 2006 a 'throwaway' isn't accurate, I think you know it...

Those guys were moving between the orgs way more freely, contracts were different, and UFC wasn't nearly big enough to pull the string...

He lost to Timmeh by 5 rounds UD and that's it, anyway.

Stick to the facts, Fujita was in 5 years period 2000 - 2005 stabile Top 10 fighter.

Stephen Quadros Top 10

Last Updated Monday 12-25-00

1. (tie) Mark Coleman
1. (tie) Igor Vovchanchyn
2. Randy Couture
3. (tie) Kevin Randleman
3. (tie) Pedro Rizzo
4. Kazuyuki Fujita (Japan) - Decision "win" over Gilbert Yvel. Stopped Ken Shamrock (Pride X). Shocked the world with a dominant victory over Kerr. Durable.
5. Heath Herring
6. Renato Babalu
7. Mark Kerr
8. Josh Barnett
9. Gilbert Yvel
10. Pete Williams
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen Quadros Top 10
Last Updated Friday 6-1-01

HEAVYWEIGHT 205 lb and up (93 kg and up)

1. Mark Coleman
2. Igor Vovchanchyn
3. Rodrigo Nogueira
4. Randy Couture
5. Kazuyuki Fujita
6. Heath Herring
7. Pedro Rizzo
8. Semmy Schilt
9. Valetijn Overeem
10. Tra Telligman
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mixed Martial Arts Media Top 10
August, 2001

Heavyweights - 205 lbs. and up (93 kg and up)

1. Mark Coleman 150
2. Randy Couture 136
3. Pedro Rizzo 116
4. Igor Vovchanchyn 107
5. Heath Herring 100
6. Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira 94
7. Josh Barnett 53
8. Kazuyuki Fujita 52
9. Mark Kerr 20
10. Tra Telligman 19
Fightsport
January 2002

1. Minotauro Rodrigo Nogueira

2. Randy Couture
3. Heath Herring
4. Pedro Rizzo
5. Josh Barnett
6. Mark Coleman
7. Igor Vovchanchyn
8. Ricco Rodriguez
9. Mario Sperry
10. Kazuyuki Fujita

MMA News
Last updated: May 4, 2003

Heavyweight (200 - 265 lbs.)
1. Emelianenko Fedor
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
3. Josh Barnett
4. Tim Sylvia
5. Heath Herring
6. Ricco Rodriguez
7. Wesley Correira
8. Gan McGee
9. Frank Mir

10. Kazuyuki Fujita

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMA Fighting
July 2004

Heavyweight
1. Fedor Emelianenko- 288 points, 24 1st Place Votes
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira- 240 points
3. Josh Barnett- 178 points
4. Mirko Cro Cop- 123 points
5. Frank Mir- 109 points
6. Sergei Kharitonov- 104 points
7. Andrei Arlovski- 86 points
8. Tim Sylvia- 58 points
9. Kazuyuki Fujita- 44 points
10. Kevin Randleman- 37 points
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMA Fighting
March 2005

Heavyweight

1. Fedor Emelianenko- 320 points, 25 1st Place Votes
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira- 254 points, 1 1st Place Vote
3. Mirko Cro Cop- 238 points, 1 1st Place Vote
4. Andrei Arlovski- 167 points
5. Sergei Kharitonov- 140 points
6. Frank Mir- 129 points
7. Josh Barnett- 84 points
8. Kazuyuki Fujita- 61 points
9. Heath Herring- 53 points
10. Aleksander Emelianenko- 34 points

Fujita did not have ANYTHING close to a legit skill set. Your revisionist history is pathetic.

Ummmm, no.

Fujita practiced freestyle wrestling in high school. He participated in the FILA World Championships as a junior in 1988, placing sixth, and in the Espoir division in 1989, placing eleventh. In 1993, Fujita placed fifth at the Asian Championships at the senior level, and in 1993 and 1994, he represented Japan as a senior in the World Cup, a dual meet tournament. He was also a national champion in Japan in Greco-Roman wrestling. He missed making the Japanese Olympic team by 1 point in the Olympic qualifiers.

lol no.
he was a can like most of fedors pride opponents and he'd get beat the living shit out of him by rothwell.
Cans don't go to the Olympics. If he was in the UFC today he would have the best credentials out of any hw

I bailed after this comment. Werdum a terrible striker? The guy who KO'd Mark Hunt?
Werdum is a great striker? He is awful. It hurts to watch him throw a punch. At HW, he is one of the worst strikers in UFC history. I am a big Werdum fan, and like everyone else, I know he wins fights because he is big And strong, and a great grappler. His striking is shameful.

Remember when GSP lost rounds striking with Shields, and Anderson struggled with Maia? I'll tell you a secret...

Fujita is the worst HW striker ever technically. I once saw him trip over his own feet and faceplant just from trying to throw a right cross, I shit you not.

And yet somehow Fedor manages to get hit and almost KTFO by him. GOAT!
Almost. But then he rocked Fujita and choked him out minutes later. Say what you want, but the guy found a way to win against the best in the world, and in the most dangerous division in the world, for something like a decade. That's what makes him great.
<NoneOfMy>

The biggest upset ever in MMA is still Pride's Lil Nog vs Sokoudjou, you also had a freak accident in Shogun vs Coleman. Considering how little he did with his MMA career, Schembri vs Saku should count too.

You could add Anderson's two submission losses as big upsets, but they were more after the fact.

Most people that just started watching mma forget when Fedor dominated ,he destroyed 3 former ufc champs

Actually four....Coleman (x2), Randleman, Big Tim, and Andrei.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back