Crime FBI stops large scale attack at Ohio synagogue, bar and pipeline also threatened

It's kind of tiring how we keep having to re-hash how Islamic extremists are right-wing. They want religion, a return to traditional values, no abortion or gay marriage/rights, "law and order," suppression of journalists, and tackling cultural liberalism. Ya, soooo leftist.
Yet when you criticize any of that, leftists call you Islamophobic.

Seems like you lot are really confused about where you stand.

You mean like my grandfather who was a cobbler? My father went to Brooklyn College and NYU.

Asians are just a generation behind the Jews. It's the same story, all over again. We aren't all related to the Goldmans, Seligmans and Rothschilds.

By the way, I salute you for having one of the hottest Jewish women alive as your avatar.

Certainly there are chinese that come here with money too, especially recently. I just trying to show how it is privileged afforded via money, and not because of some culture, or religion. I come from an FOB restaurant family, and they dont have that type of culture. They want their kids to study and do art, but just use negative reinforcement to get what they want. The parents themselves are not educated nor know anything about arts and crafts.

But when talking about "privilege" we are partially talking about how much/often. Because we live in a civil society, at some point especially in the beginning, someone has to grant you/give you something for you to get started/get foot in door. Everyone is privileged in that respect. Even driving is a privilege.

The other part is what kind of role, or job or status this person has. Certain things are not a right for anyone to just claim. You have to be privileged many times over in order to obtain it. I say getting some kind of position within an Ivy League board of is one of those or some of kind of important in a major Corporation etc etc. And I honestly dont see anything wrong with it. Those institution belong to whoever they belong to. They can do what they want. Privileged or not does not bother me.

You mention, your grandpa a cobbler or something. Are you jewish? Well let me ask you, was your grandpa actually doing the cobblering, or did he just open a cobbler shop, and hire others to do the work? I am from the area, and what I see is the Jews will get the capital, and open the shop, but hires other to do the actual work. I am thinking they dont know themselves how to. Like with all those famous and expensive delis such as Katz.

let me know where on the political spectrum these guys would fall under other than right wing.

If Muslims are so super right wing, why does the American left love them so much?

Is it just a 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing? Is the left really that traitorous and treasonous?

If Muslims are so super right wing, why does the American left love them so much?

Is it just a 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing? Is the left really that traitorous and treasonous?
I think they are just incredibly dumb.

the Jews will get the capital, and open the shop, but hires other to do the actual work. I am thinking they dont know themselves how to. Like with all those famous and expensive delis such as Katz.
Lots of Jews do actual work. Sounds like youre bitter cuz ya couldn't afford a pastrami sandwich.

Certainly there are chinese that come here with money too, especially recently. I just trying to show how it is privileged afforded via money, and not because of some culture, or religion. I come from an FOB restaurant family, and they dont have that type of culture. They want their kids to study and do art, but just use negative reinforcement to get what they want. The parents themselves are not educated nor know anything about arts and crafts.

But when talking about "privilege" we are partially talking about how much/often. Because we live in a civil society, at some point especially in the beginning, someone has to grant you/give you something for you to get started/get foot in door. Everyone is privileged in that respect. Even driving is a privilege.

The other part is what kind of role, or job or status this person has. Certain things are not a right for anyone to just claim. You have to be privileged many times over in order to obtain it. I say getting some kind of position within an Ivy League board of is one of those or some of kind of important in a major Corporation etc etc. And I honestly dont see anything wrong with it. Those institution belong to whoever they belong to. They can do what they want. Privileged or not does not bother me.

You mention, your grandpa a cobbler or something. Are you jewish? Well let me ask you, was your grandpa actually doing the cobblering, or did he just open a cobbler shop, and hire others to do the work? I am from the area, and what I see is the Jews will get the capital, and open the shop, but hires other to do the actual work. I am thinking they dont know themselves how to. Like with all those famous and expensive delis such as Katz.

Clearly, you seem to get being a member of the lucky sperm club mixed up with "privilege." Am I member of the lucky sperm club? Sure. I grew up in a nice neighborhood in LA (my father was transferred and we moved from Rockaway), went to good public schools, went to Berkeley both grad and undergrad (back in the days when it was nearly free for California residents). Went to NY to work on Wall Street and now I'm an executive at a life insurance company. Did that happen because I'm white and Jewish. No. I didn't get into Cal because I'm a white Jew or get my first job for that reason.

My father's father was a cobbler. He apprenticed as one, worked as one, eventually opened a small storefront and fixed shoes there.

My maternal grandfather worked in a hat factory. He didn't own it, started on the floor boxing hats or something, eventually worked himself into management. My father was an accountant and did very well, becoming a partner in a mid-sized firm. My mother was a secretary for the LA Unified School District - never went to college.

Same story, Asians and many Latino groups are living out now.

What you describe - Jews providing capital - isn't the history of Eastern European Jewry in the United States, although it may very well be accurate today. Unlike the scions of the great English and German banking families that came over, Jews from Eastern Europe (I'm Polish/Russian) were poor (see Fiddler on the Roof). We were part of the "huddled masses, yearning to be free." (Written by Emma Lazarus - Jew).

What you see today reflects that, generally speaking, we're an ethnic group for which the American Dream came true. So we don't generally run small groceries, work as cooks in delis, drive cabs (a great uncle) or fix shoes.

We don't need to dominate boxing any more either.

Muslim extremists like all religious extremists are super right wing. Muslims themselves can be politically liberal or conservative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back