Crime FBI stops large scale attack at Ohio synagogue, bar and pipeline also threatened

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.wifr.com/content/news/F...d-of-plotting-separate-attacks-502378012.html

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Federal authorities said they've charged two people involved in planning separate large-scale attacks — one who wanted to carry out a shooting at a synagogue and another who had been plotting a bar shooting and blowing up a pipeline.

The two have been under investigation for months and had talked about their plans with undercover FBI agents, according to the Justice Department.

One involved Damon Joseph, 21, of Holland, a Toledo suburb, who spent months posting photos of weapons, praising ISIS and talking about carrying out a violent attack before he eventually settled on targeting a synagogue in the Toledo area, Herdman said.

His plans for a synagogue shooting came together after a gunman killed 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue in October, Herdman said. Authorities said he told an undercover agent that "I admire what the guy did with the shooting actually."

He wanted to kill as many people as possible, including a rabbi, and make sure no one escaped, the DOJ said

Authorities also arrested Elizabeth Lecron, 23, of Toledo, Monday after they said she bought bomb-making materials. She was charged with transporting explosives and explosive material with the purpose of harming others.

Lecron had been talking about carrying out several different types of violent attacks, including telling undercover agents in August that she and an associate had come up with a plan to commit a mass killing at a Toledo bar, officials said.

_____

A few of my takeaways. 1) Good job FBI preventing something before serious loss of life happened

2) They were under investigation for months. Isn't there a high risk that someone may not take months from the planning stage to the carrying out stage? Like, FBI could easily have been watching these guys thinking they had time, but a bad day or sudden "urging" from Allah and its that afternoon they're killing dozens?

What Nazis they said?

I said those Nazis, right fucking there.

A few of my takeaways. 1) Good job FBI preventing something before serious loss of life happened

2) They were under investigation for months. Isn't there a high risk that someone may not take months from the planning stage to the carrying out stage? Like, FBI could easily have been watching these guys thinking they had time, but a bad day or sudden "urging" from Allah and its that afternoon they're killing dozens?
There's usually a pre-cursor.

Sounds like the bomber was nabbed when she went out and purchased the materials. I imagine the FBI would have done the same or did do the same to the shooter when he went out and bought a bunch of ammo.

What Nazis they said?

Which one? The guy who praised ISIS and targeted the synagogue and specifically a rabi, or the woman who wanted to hit a bar or pipeline or farm and no signs toward motive given in the article?

Supports ISIS. lol, how 2015. It's like going to jail for life in the fight for Gangam Style.

Which one? The guy who praised ISIS and targeted the synagogue and rabis, or the woman who wanted to hit a bar or pipeline and not signs toward motive given in the article?

Guess you didn't read.

<6>

He also praised the last synagogue shooter.

Seems like he just likes people that kill Jews.

Did you read?

He also praised the last synagogue shooter.

Seems like he just likes people that kill Jews.

Did you read?
Yeah, I did. Turns out Muslims aren't big fans of the Jews and antisemitism is as old as the Jewish people and you can't just call everyone "nazis" because you skipped out on history after the WW2 section. Was this guy one of those Aryan ISIS members?

I have never really fully comprehended the hate for jews.

Yeah, I did. Turns out Muslims aren't big fans of the Jews and antisemitism is as old as the Jewish people and you can't just call everyone "nazis" because you skipped out on history after the WW2 section. Was this guy one of those Aryan ISIS members?

I've forgotten more about WW2 than you've ever learned kiddo.

The difference here is that you want to separate the right wing from itself. ISIS are Nazis just like white supremacists are Nazis.

They're violent authoritarians that will kill for minor differences to secure their supremacy.

I feel like hatred for Jews is about the only similarity between ISIS and classical or even Neo Nazis.

I have never really fully comprehended the hate for jews.

It's rooted in the Christian belief that they are, collectively, christ killers. The Jewish elders (this story is absolute horseshit if you know anything about the culture of the Jews or Romans, or their laws) called for the blood of christ to be placed upon the Jews as a whole.

Christians persecuted Jews all over the place because of this belief, heaping on other insane evil things they claimed the Jews did, like host desecration and the blood libel.

Fast forward to Europe in the 20s, and Hitler's beliefs are not hardcore or extreme in any way by the time he comes to power. The Catholic Church had fostered the hatred throughout Europe for centuries.

That is where it comes from originally. Today, it is continued with things like The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a Russian Secret police forgery, which is circulated and extremely popular around the Islamic world, just like Mein Kampf.

It's rooted in the Christian belief that they are, collectively, christ killers. The Jewish elders (this story is absolute horseshit if you know anything about the culture of the Jews or Romans, or their laws) called for the blood of christ to be placed upon the Jews as a whole.

Christians persecuted Jews all over the place because of this belief, heaping on other insane evil things they claimed the Jews did, like host desecration and the blood libel.

Fast forward to Europe in the 20s, and Hitler's beliefs are not hardcore or extreme in any way by the time he comes to power. The Catholic Church had fostered the hatred throughout Europe for centuries.

That is where it comes from originally. Today, it is continued with things like The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a Russian Secret police forgery, which is circulated and extremely popular around the Islamic world, just like Mein Kampf.
Hitler took that rooted hatred and just added that "hey German commoners... look at how the Jews over zere have more money than you!" (to have it over-simplified)

This is why we need to keep Islam from immigrating into our country.

Hitler took that rooted hatred and just added that "hey German commoners... look at how the Jews over zere have more money than you!" (to have it over-simplified)

Indeed he did. Anti Jewish sentiment had been white hot in Germany and Austria, especially since the Dreyfus incident in France. It's funny to me when people insist Hitler was some atheist who hated religion when he in fact made treaties with the church, and essentially gave them complete control over the spiritual lives of Germans. The Catholic church did a lot to stoke anti Jewish and minority sentiment, along with securing Nazis safety after the 1000 year Reich was lost.

What Nazis they said?

Hmmm, Nazis generally don't engage in guerrilla terrorism, bruh.

Nazis are cowardly and can only exist in groups. They don't seek to influence through attacks on society, but rather through demonstrations of in-group and out-group politics. Even right-wingers like the Waco dude or the OK City bomber weren't really Nazis so much as right-wing moron incels.

Although the chick does look like the Nazi girl from American History X.
5c0ed7862600007f04848611.png

Back