Favourite period of history to learn about?

Rimbaud82

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What is your favourite period to learn about and for what reasons?

I am curious, history is something that interests me a lot.

The Holocaust. That Hitler kid and his shenanigans. You can't take him anywhere

The Holocaust. That Hitler kid and his shenanigans. You can't take him anywhere

Well, you can take him to a ditch out behind his bunker and set fire to him.

I like the civil war myself. Im amazed by how well people kept track of it how a lot of the words we use today come from it ( hookers side burns for example) and just how everyone seemed to know how big of a deal what was going on was. I cant even imagine what it felt like and the mood from state to state and person to person.

Always enjoyed reading about Francia and the Merovingians. Late Antiquity in general with the Barbarian Invasions is a very interesting period of time.

The stretch between the civil war and World War I has always interested me. It's something they never covered in great detail in school growing up. Lots of interesting characters, technological, philosophical and political developments that helped to shape the modern age

Well I have a degree in history and I was mostly interested in Soviet era Russia, but I don't care that much about it anymore.

Fin de siè·cle Europe. I wrote my dissertation on the science & medicine of the period but it still intrigues me.

Sherdog pre-Zer

Sherdog pre-Zer
DGIzP49.gif

All history is amazing, but I particularly enjoy American history, and more specifically, an interest in its slow but steady spiral away from its great promise.

In my estimation they started the downward spiral in 1900 and it really fell to shit after WW2, regardless of appearances.

Ancient Greece, mostly because I'm a sucker for greek mythology and philosophy.

I love reading and listening to podcasts about the Viking era, most people have no idea how influential they were or how far their empire spread.

They controlled large portions of what is now the UK and basically turned Dublin into the slave trade capital of the world for several centuries and also got paid ransom from cities like Paris to ensure they wouldn't completely destroy them.

Some books I've read said they looted and ransomed so much that you can mark the lowering amounts of gold in minted coins from that era because they English/French/etc. kings were literally running out of gold reserves and the like.

They also went down raiding all the way to North Africa and the Mediterranean.

What is your favourite period to learn about and for what reasons?

I am curious, history is something that interests me a lot.

I like learning about Vlad the Impaler and him killing those Turks and sticking a huge ass stick through them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back