Far Cry 5

This looks very interesting, so don't be disappointed in me fellow gamers but I've never played the Far Cry series, do you guys recommend any ones I should play along with this?

This looks very interesting, so don't be disappointed in me fellow gamers but I've never played the Far Cry series, do you guys recommend any ones I should play along with this?

I'd say 3, although if you get the season pass you'll get it free. 4 and Primal were decent but pretty dull overall.

Far Cry is one of those series' that kinda hit its stride and then coasted along doing the same stuff so if you get 3 or 4 you'll have a good idea of what 5 is gonna be like.

Reviews are up. Looks pretty solid - not GOTY material but still a buy for me. The villains aren't Vaas caliber which I expected but IDGAF. The map is open from the start this time as well, and reviews say exploration is more of a focus here - they're not marking everything on your map for you, you have to discover or be told about it, a la Skyrim.

And NO TOWERS! LOL
Sounds like a win for me can't wait for my digital pre-order to unlock tonight

I'm probably just close my eyes spin in a circle a few times just got whatever way my guy is pointing and explore

This quote from a review in progress from PCGamer practically made me slap a full price purchase.

": I came across a quiet airfield with two planes parked on it, and thought I'd help myself to one. While preparing to snipe the two cultists guarding it, I noticed some movement nearby: it was a bull fighting a mountain lion. Unfortunately, the cultists moved out of position due to that weird skirmish, which meant I also had to change position to snipe them, and by the end of the encounter, which lasted roughly thirty seconds, more cultists had arrived (some in a helicopter), a wolverine had appeared and attacked a fleeing cow, a citizen had driven up in a tractor, two planes (in the air) got into a dogfight, another cultist drove up (in a different tractor), and both planes (the ones on the ground) had exploded in the ensuing carnage. I had to settle with stealing one of the tractors, which I used to run over an angry bear that showed up late."

https://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-5-review/

This quote from a review in progress from PCGamer practically made me slap a full price purchase.

": I came across a quiet airfield with two planes parked on it, and thought I'd help myself to one. While preparing to snipe the two cultists guarding it, I noticed some movement nearby: it was a bull fighting a mountain lion. Unfortunately, the cultists moved out of position due to that weird skirmish, which meant I also had to change position to snipe them, and by the end of the encounter, which lasted roughly thirty seconds, more cultists had arrived (some in a helicopter), a wolverine had appeared and attacked a fleeing cow, a citizen had driven up in a tractor, two planes (in the air) got into a dogfight, another cultist drove up (in a different tractor), and both planes (the ones on the ground) had exploded in the ensuing carnage. I had to settle with stealing one of the tractors, which I used to run over an angry bear that showed up late."

https://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-5-review/
Lol that sounds so awesome.

I'd say 3, although if you get the season pass you'll get it free. 4 and Primal were decent but pretty dull overall.

Far Cry is one of those series' that kinda hit its stride and then coasted along doing the same stuff so if you get 3 or 4 you'll have a good idea of what 5 is gonna be like.

That's why I'm not interested with the series anymore. I loved the original on pc, as well as Instincts and Evolution on Xbox. Thought Far Cry 2 was really really good. Really liked the weapons jammed, getting dirty, the lack of easy fast travel everywhere that required travel in vehicles, stealth and in the water.

3 was fantastic, but I don't get why it was called FC, because like 2, it had nothing to do with FC. 4 was a straight retread of 3, and was boring as shit, especially in it's characters and story. They were even so lazy as to simply recycle the topographical map from FC3. I got bored enough to uninstall FC Primal after about 4 hours.

I'm getting this tomorrow. Haven't played a video game in a long time. Looking forward to it.

Anyone playing the campaign co-op or do you prefer to play the campaign solo? Sounds cool you can recruit NPCs.

It's soooo good. Used an Australian VPN to unlock it earlier today, put like 3-4 hours into it. Best Far Cry game ever made.

Bought it, donwloading on steam as we speak.

Was able to get a couple hours in. Did some exploration and liberated Dutch's island. So far I like what I see and looking forward to put in a few more hours tomorrow.

Maaaaan FML

Started preloading last night, then shut down. Woke up this morning at 5am to play and was at 1.5%

Realized I had the hard drive set to shut off when I put the system to sleep so nothing downloaded overnight.

Only got through to liberating Fall's End and getting Boomer....

Loving it, only problem... GET ME MY DAMN SKILL POINTS SO I CAN HAVE BOTH AN AR AND A BOW!

Sooo. Never played a Farcry game. Will I enjoy 5 not having played any other FC? I literally know nothing about the game so can anyone give me a TL;DR summary of how it's played what type of game, etc?

I'd google, but na. I won't google.

Sooo. Never played a Farcry game. Will I enjoy 5 not having played any other FC? I literally know nothing about the game so can anyone give me a TL;DR summary of how it's played what type of game, etc?

I'd google, but na. I won't google.

They're not connected so no need to play the others. It's basically a first-person open world series that's weak on story, where you mostly go from enemy outpost to enemy outpost killing people in whichever fashion you see fit - stealth, blowing everything up, luring wild animals to the outpost to kill the enemy for you etc.

You can also get side quests that are run-of-the-mill stuff, and can also hunt animals for skins that used to be used for crafting upgrades but apparently in 5 you unlock upgrades in other ways.

You can fly, drive, swim to get around and the maps are quite sizable. It's dumb fun.

Seems to be getting top marks across the board. Polygon and Vice have thrown shade(likely political reasons) but that doesn't mean a great deal coming from them.

They're not connected so no need to play the others. It's basically a first-person open world series that's weak on story, where you mostly go from enemy outpost to enemy outpost killing people in whichever fashion you see fit - stealth, blowing everything up, luring wild animals to the outpost to kill the enemy for you etc.

You can also get side quests that are run-of-the-mill stuff, and can also hunt animals for skins that used to be used for crafting upgrades but apparently in 5 you unlock upgrades in other ways.

You can fly, drive, swim to get around and the maps are quite sizable. It's dumb fun.
Thanks man. Sounds fun. I'll give it a run when I get tired of Vermintide 2.

Play 1 and 3

The rest are hot balls of shit

Back