Fabricio Werdum: My Relationship with Chechen Dictator Ramzan Kadyrov is Only ‘for MMA’

What do you think of Werdum's association with Kadyrov?

• Total voters
Yea killing gay men is only unfriendly in USA

Colby gets shit for trolling Brazilian people. This guy literally sanctions murder based on sexual orientation and probably race too and nobody cares. Werdum is a disgusting human

heres the truth bro. if this guy made deals with the us they wouldnt give 2 fucks about killing gay men.

I dont like to compare cases that have nothing to do with each other. thats a dumb argument.

If Colby deserved a boomerang, what does Kadyrov deserve then Mr.Werdum?

A nuke? A bagel? A friendly encounter by Harvey Weinstein?

25598241613_9a17720b9b_b.jpg

remember when werdum called mcgregor whore? yeah, ironic to say the least

There are many others famous MMA fighters and coaches associated with Kadyrov. I don't know why only Werdum gets heat for it.

heres the truth bro. if this guy made deals with the us they wouldnt give 2 fucks about killing gay men.

I dont like to compare cases that have nothing to do with each other. thats a dumb argument.

Making deals associated with national security is different than a single person using their name to promote for them are you fucking retarded? The comparison is exactly the same. This dude openly hates and prosecutes people for being gay it is literally the same as if Colby promoted for a white supremacist mma org.

In the end of the day mma fighters are prize fighters. If they would give a fuck in the first place they wouldn’t be fighters.
Fighters like werdum are from the slums. There is no moral law. Survive and cash in fast.
You get here and there someone whos actually smart enough to promote himself for longterm money but most of them are dumb af and I guess this is the price of fighting.

Fabricio Werdum won’t budge when it comes to his relationship with Chechen dictator Ramzan Kadyrov.

A handful of prominent MMA fighters — including former UFC champions and current contenders — have had or still have relationships with Kadyrov and have attended some of his MMA events in Chechnya in past years. Very little was made of that before a larger audience recently became aware of Kadyrov’s terrifying and inhumane regime, thanks to Karim Zidan’s reporting and the HBO’s Real Sports July episode on Kadyrov.

The Chechen warlord uses his MMA promotion, Akhmat MMA, to promote his political agenda. He has allegedly been at the forefront of the murder and torture of gay men in Chechnya. In the Real Sports interview, Kadyrov denied that there are gays in Chechnya, but said if there are, he wants them taken elsewhere. Despite all that, Werdum, a former UFC heavyweight champion, said he will remain associated with Kadyrov, because his relationship is only related to MMA.

“My relationship with Kadyrov is for MMA. The political things is so different. I don’t like [the politics] in Brazil, too. I know nothing about the politics. The political things are one thing; I’m the ambassador for Chechnya MMA. MMA ambassador. That’s it. You ask about the fighters there, I say for you I have good fighters in Chechnya, big fighters. I have maybe two or three Chechnya fighters in the UFC. The guys are tough. You ask about this, for MMA, I respond for everything. But political things are so different.”

Werdum said he doesn’t find it difficult to stay associated with Kadyrov because of the large differences between Kadyrov’s political views and MMA views....

“For me, it’s very easy, because it’s a big difference things,” the Brazilian said. “Politics and MMA. It’s a big difference.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...kadyrov-only-for-mma-ufc-216-news-heavyweight

So you’re a whore.

Werdum gladly works with the Hitler of the Caucus because he’s a prostitute.

MMA is politics there. And you can’t just excuse working for a tyrant murderer psychopath because you have a choice.

It would be the equivalent of Colby promoting for a neo nazi mma group and saying it’s just for mma
Haha lol right on point!

Yeah but Colby would have to do it in a thick accent and get a pass on everything because of the language barrier.

What happened to Fedor's daughter?

I presume she lives in Russia. Why would Russians attack her because her father said some shit about a Chechnyan leader?

Americans and geography. Sigh.

Is normal, Werdum is infected by the Toxoplasma, it makes him gravitate towards predators.

all cooperations and countries associate with "bad" guys if it makes them money. just cuz this particular dictator is not US "friendly" doesnt make werdoom a bad guy.

He is bad enough that everybody civilized has sanctioned him.

yeah no problem, he's only sponsored by a dictator who commits hundreds of actual human right abuses, persecutes gay people, put little children to fight. but it's ok because his agreement is only MMA related
lol, yeah, it's kind of like saying you only hung out with Uday Hussein because of a shared interest in soccer.

Quickly turned into a Colby fans convention, as expected! :)

all cooperations and countries associate with "bad" guys if it makes them money. just cuz this particular dictator is not US "friendly" doesnt make werdoom a bad guy.
I like how you put bad in quotations. He literally tortures and kills people on a whim, including based on their sexual orientation, and he's only a "bad" guy. Get at fucking grip.

Anyone personally associating with this guy is a POS. Dealing diplomaticly with countries as a leader of a nation, eventhough you might despise their politics, is a far cry from willingly associating with a warlord murderer.

Whether friend, neutral or enemy it is best to accept people for who they are. You see them much more clearly that way.

Americans and geography. Sigh.
Chechnya is very distinct from the rest of Russia though.

I don't understand why people would care about statements about a Checnyan leader wherever Fedor lives. Why would they be inclined to defend this guy? Is this dude actually popular in Russia outside Chechnya, which for practical purposes is its own country?

Werdum has problems . Hes loyal because he got some money when he couldent find fights . I liken that situation to coaching Hitlers team for the sake of MMA . Ya ok buddy , its only mma

Its amazing to me that whenever this subject comes up, the all American Chris Weidman's name never gets mentioned. Only Werdum's

11005091_1808792602678527_227696169_n.jpg

Back