Fabricio Werdum: My Relationship with Chechen Dictator Ramzan Kadyrov is Only ‘for MMA’

What do you think of Werdum's association with Kadyrov?

• Total voters
If it was Conor McGregor hanging around with this guy, you'd all be loving it.

Its amazing to me that whenever this subject comes up, the all American Chris Weidman's name never gets mentioned. Only Werdum's

11005091_1808792602678527_227696169_n.jpg
Neither does Francisco Santos Mir's. What's your point? 'So and so did it too' is a terrible defense of a dictator-lover.

national security not sure what you mean by that.

your comparisons make no sense. i was just talking about werdoom and his actions. whats this colby promoting for white supremacist mma org? colby being a racist i think thats a topic for another time.

lol you and all your posts are sad, i'm guessing you are anti-gay or something and don't consider this guy that bad. Not sure how you cannot understand the comparison to Colby, you are dumb

Nothing political here, Ramzan Kadyrov is a horrible human being.

B-b-but Colby called people 'filthy animals'. That's like ten times as bad as supporting a dictator and notorious human rights abuser.
Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Who said it makes it right, the argument is Werdum got triggered by someone trolling for promotion calling a group of people filthy animals, but has no problems associating with someone who considers another group of people filthy animals and literally tortures and kills them.

I think it's fine, isn't Werdum fault what is happening to gays there and he can't make anything about it, also he being there or not won't really change anything, so he's just going there to make some cash and provide for his family, can't hate it. If Reebok and UFC were paying him like they should, because he is a legend who will be retiring soon, then i'd think otherwise, maybe. Also Kadyrov seems interested in supporting MMA, seems like someone who can help the sport.

Lmfao yea right... Don't be so bitter, they sicked the ghosts on him when he said :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: at ringside

For the record, I am accepting of Werdum. There are probably many great fighters from Chechnya and Russia not getting the opportunities they deserve in the UFC simply because of where they are from

Neither does Francisco Santos Mir's. What's your point? 'So and so did it too' is a terrible defense of a dictator-lover.
First of all, how the fuck did you get me offering a defense by posting a pic of Weidman?

Second of all, Mir was mentioned a few times in this thread.

Third of all, you predicted Will Brooks would be champion in 2017. Why should anyone listen to anything you have to say about anything?

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/will-brooks-will-be-champion-by-2017.3358899/

all cooperations and countries associate with "bad" guys if it makes them money. just cuz this particular dictator is not US "friendly" doesnt make werdoom a bad guy.
So if Werdum befriended Osama Bin Laden, it wouldn't make him a 'bad guy' cuz government?

First of all, how the fuck did you get me offering a defense by posting a pic of Weidman?

You clearly were defending it. That's why you brought it up in the first place. You were trying to deflect attention off of Werdum and put it onto other people. That's despicable. This thread is about Werdum, not Chris Weidman or anybody else associated with this Draconian dictator.

Second of all, Mir was mentioned a few times in this thread.

But you just said 'Only Werdum's'. That's a contradiction.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...es-cause-his-downfall.3139113/#post-112089113

Well lookie there, people have mentioned Chris Weidman's association to Kadyrov, contrary to what you said.

Last edited:

BS, if Conor were associated with this guy it would be national news. But Werdum, being a nobody, it's small beans, hell half of sherdog doesn't even know or care

Nice platitude. Two 'wrongs' are not necessarily equal, and Colby did absolutely nothing wrong.
Lol platitude.

You're trying to use Werdums affiliation with Kadyrov as a way to steer the conversation towards Colby and how you can somehow turn it into making what he did right. I know they don't necessarily equal each other, that's basicly my point. They have nothing to do with each other.

Who said it makes it right, the argument is Werdum got triggered by someone trolling for promotion calling a group of people filthy animals, but has no problems associating with someone who considers another group of people filthy animals and literally tortures and kills them.
Werdum is hypocritical yes. I don't see what the relevance is in regards to the Colby situation.

I think it's fine, isn't Werdum fault what is happening to gays there and he can't make anything about it, also he being there or not won't really change anything, so he's just going there to make some cash and provide for his family, can't hate it. If Reebok and UFC were paying him like they should, because he is a legend who will be retiring soon, then i'd think otherwise, maybe. Also Kadyrov seems interested in supporting MMA, seems like someone who can help the sport.

lol are you serious? So if Conor were to promote for an alt-right, neo-nazi regional MMA org it's not a big deal and nothing he can do about how they treat black people?

the fact that i am a train conductor for hitler doesnt mean i support his political views

cmon guys, dont call me a nazi

all i do is drive my train back and forth between a camp and the city

the political stuff is separate è

i like trains

Lol platitude.

You're trying to use Werdums affiliation with Kadyrov as a way to steer the conversation towards Colby and how you can somehow turn it into making what he did right. I know they don't necessarily equal each other, that's basicly my point. They have nothing to do with each other.

Werdum is hypocritical yes. I don't see what the relevance is in regards to the Colby situation.

how do you not see the relevance? Werdum is saying you should not put down a group of people by calling them bad words while associating with someone who does that and then some. Kadyrov basically says gays are filthy animals and should be deported to canada. Imagine if Colby went to that level and said all brazilians are disgusting and should be deported

Lol platitude.

'Lol platitude' Yes, that's exactly what it was.

Actually, they do. Werdum is being hailed as a champion against 'bigotry', but he supports one of the biggest bigots in all of the political world. The people criticizing Colby have largely ignored the fact that Werdum has associations with a dictator. There's no reason why the Colby incident should have caused more outrage than Werdum basically prostituting himself to a murderous dictator. 'that's basicly my point' You didn't have a point.

Last edited:
lol at you pussies acting like Kadyrov is the worst person to ever live. American Presidents have more bodies to their names through shitty wars, drone strikes etc... than Kadyrov could ever imagine but hey you've been conditioned to think those bodies are collateral damage and what not, bunch of pussies.

lol at you pussies acting like Kadyrov is the worst person to ever live. American Presidents have more bodies to their names through shitty wars, drone strikes etc... than Kadyrov could ever imagine but hey you've been conditioned to think those bodies are collateral damage and what not, bunch of pussies.

yes lets compare collateral damage of war to purposefully killing your own countrymen because of sexual orientation. Were you born in West Virginia?

Back