Extremely motivated,New to MMA and need advice

Cazlad

Cazorla
Banned
Reaction score
Hey everyone thanks for deciding to read this thread,I attended my first mma class and I'm already in love,I'm currently focusing on BJJ,haven't started Muay Thai yet.I'm just wondering what advice any of you badasses could give me,any help is appreciated

Tri's and bi's, long distance running, and Pilates will do wonders for your game.

neck tattoos and nu-metal. you also need to stock up on bespangled jeans and monster energy drinks. get a 6 inch lift on your pickup if you don't already have one and make sure you cover the rear window with fox racing and hoyt archery stickers.

Last edited:
Use 'I am a UFC fighter' as a pickup line at clubs.

Your gonna be broke, your body is going to be messed up, unless you make a decent living in the UFC you probably won't get much "street cred" (unless you are a Ben askren).

tapout t shirts and sprawl shorts are the only advice im willing to give

Thanks for the replies everyone,I got DoMs from the intense workout of our club two days ago,didn't stop training even when I was about to faint,not an excuse to stop training,trained boxing until my wrists gave up,gotta keep my striking on point,some of you guys are funny mo*****uckers :D

Your gonna be broke, your body is going to be messed up, unless you make a decent living in the UFC you probably won't get much "street cred" (unless you are a Ben askren).
Thanks man,good advice

Hey everyone thanks for deciding to read this thread,I attended my first mma class and I'm already in love,I'm currently focusing on BJJ,haven't started Muay Thai yet.I'm just wondering what advice any of you badasses could give me,any help is appreciated

Start talking loud and obnoxious and wear sunglasses while indoors.

You should be a shoe in for today's MMA.

Did me some thinking,I'm going to start sparring friends,gonna start with the people who bullshit about fighting and people who think they are the shit,but they aren't, then slowly work my way up,who Agrees?

Go to a gym
Already tried 3 gyms and I feel they were right,going to go down to SBG (you know what gym this is if youre irish) hopefully this one will click with me haha

Thanks man,good advice

Well here is some more honest advice, your body will be wrecked for the rest of your life, no one will pay or help pay for your surgeries or any kind of treatment. You will be cannon fodder for the fighters with talent. If you do have so called talent, you will spend years trying to "make it" in a profession where the ability to support a family is just a fraction. But if someone you trained with makes it in the UFC, you will be able to say "I trained with that guy".

Well here is some more honest advice, your body will be wrecked for the rest of your life, no one will pay or help pay for your surgeries or any kind of treatment. You will be cannon fodder for the fighters with talent. If you do have so called talent, you will spend years trying to "make it" in a profession where the ability to support a family is just a fraction. But if someone you trained with makes it in the UFC, you will be able to say "I trained with that guy".
Awesome advice man,one thing though, talent is an excuse,it doesn't exist, getting good is all about how much effort you put in

lol talent doesn't exist? What experience in high level sports do you have

Back