Extremely motivated,New to MMA and need advice

Plus I have been playing guitar for 7 years,so I know what it's like to progress in something you love,talent didn't get me there,it's my only source of income now ,so :p

Wow,held two titles,but Yeh he's wrong,cause you're right <cheer>

Damn right im right.

You don't think the ability to self-motivate is not, itself, a capacity people can have more or less of?

You can bet your life on it.

Last edited:
I self motivated myself before I even read that quote,I've been pushed around my whole life and that was enough for me to change my life,we are talking about talent here,and that was sarcasm,mcgregor isn't wrong otherwise he wouldn't be doing well as he is,that was a stupid argument

People with lots of talent and ability can still have dumb opinions on some things, especially if they are fashionable and inoffensive opinions (such is basically the default state of our academoi these days).

People with lots of talent and ability can still have dumb opinions on some things, especially if they are fashionable and inoffensive opinions (such is basically the default state of our academoi these days).
you are completely right my friend,mcgregor for example,awesome fighter,but there's many things he does wrong,he's a proper showman but I don't like the way hes so cocky,I always prefer the humble person,btw the reason I keep using mcgregor as an example isn't because I'm a fanboy,I just study alot of his techniques and movements,was going to go to the same gym mcgregor trains in but decided to go to seperate personal black belt trainers instead,ain't gonna pay 150 a month for a name

If I believe there's no talent,and that's enough to motivate me to achieve my dream,what's the problem?

And btw,what's your experience in Mma or whatever combat sport you do? Just curious haha

If I believe there's no talent,and that's enough to motivate me to achieve my dream,what's the problem?

Suppose if your dream was to run a successful athletic program or fight camp? Hoaxeries become increasingly problematic the larger the scope they afflict. One would need a big virtuous dose of realism then if they'd wish to succeed there. Pretty lies must perish if you wish to see the greater Beauty they obscure.

"...for who that had, for this divine Universe, an eye which was human at all, could wish that Shams of any kind, especially that Sham-Kings should continue? No: at all costs, it is to be prayed by all men that Shams may cease."

Last edited:
you are completely right my friend,mcgregor for example,awesome fighter,but there's many things he does wrong,he's a proper showman but I don't like the way hes so cocky,I always prefer the humble person,btw the reason I keep using mcgregor as an example isn't because I'm a fanboy,I just study alot of his techniques and movements,was going to go to the same gym mcgregor trains in but decided to go to seperate personal black belt trainers instead,ain't gonna pay 150 a month for a name

That's fine, there's a lot of factors that can go into deciding what gym is best for you, but personalized instruction is a big one if you're serious about competing. Some of the more well known big name camps with top performers that attract a lot of people can end up looking like 'fighter farms' at the lower levels due to the crowds; one would need to have distinguished themselves in some way to get noticed.

That's fine, there's a lot of factors that can go into deciding what gym is best for you, but personalized instruction is a big one if you're serious about competing. Some of the more well known big name camps with top performers that attract a lot of people can end up looking like 'fighter farms' at the lower levels due to the crowds; one would need to have distinguished themselves in some way to get noticed.
And mma because of the striking and its young age hasn't developed effective ways to train and and drill mass groups effectively with one or two coaches like Judo or wrestling

And mma because of the striking and its young age hasn't developed effective ways to train and and drill mass groups effectively with one or two coaches like Judo or wrestling
That's why I got a personal trainer,black belt in muay Thai and kickboxing, 16 wins 0 losses,5 pro games,going well so far,don't like group classes,doesn't feel right

I agree,ifor you wanna go pro you need to do 1 on 1,that fighter farms is a good point,I'll remember that haha,instead of trying to learn 3 different martial arts at once (got set back all my money due to shitty choices in the past) going to focus on muay Thai and kickboxing,Imy really enjoying muay Thai, it's brutal,love it

I agree,ifor you wanna go pro you need to do 1 on 1,that fighter farms is a good point,I'll remember that haha,instead of trying to learn 3 different martial arts at once (got set back all my money due to shitty choices in the past) going to focus on muay Thai and kickboxing,Imy really enjoying muay Thai, it's brutal,love it
Sorry for the typos,the auto correct on this device is horseshite, can't live without it though haha

Back