Everyone is Ducking Kamaru Usman

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score

Even guys like Till have no interest in fighting him. Dude literally can't move up in the rankings because everyone is declining to fight him.

Last edited:
It's at least partially his own fault but yeah the UFC needs to stop caving to all this shit and letting guys avoid the up and comers

It's always driven me crazy about boxing and these days MMA is becoming just as bad

Not true. But nobody has heard about him before or seem to remember him. Perhaps he isn't very memorable.

Dude is a legit threat to anyone in the division, but with a relatively unknown name, it’s a dangerous fight to take. Would like to see how he does against the upper echelon of the division. I could see him becoming top 5-10...

source.gif

Can't blame them. Who wants to be in a boring fight and likely lose. Better losses are out there to be had.

Matchmakers should drag Covington by the ear into the octagon and force him to prove is number 3 ranking against Usman, big props to Darren Till for manning up about taking a fight with Usman.

200.gif

It's at least partially his own fault but yeah the UFC needs to stop caving to all this shit and letting guys avoid the up and comers

It's always driven me crazy about boxing and these days MMA is becoming just as bad

How is it his own fault? Serious question...

If you think nobody wants to fight him just because he is good, then you dont understand anything at all.

How is it his own fault? Serious question...

He really pissed off Dana with his 30% comments after the Meek win and for whatever reason he just hasn't been able to build any kind of fan base to push him to the fights he wants. Also and this isn't really his fault, he's not a guy you can really look good against even if you beat him.

So he's in this tough spot where the UFC don't want him to fight potential stars or stars, those guys don't want to fight him and he just can't get the fights he needs to advance

Now it's mostly on the UFC for not just making those fights happen because it's the proper way for the sport to operate but he hasn't done himself any favours either

because he's boring as fuck and is putting "30%" in his fights

He say that? Have heard this and that, but haven't seen him fight much. He does seem to be getting ducked quite a bit. Sounds like he has some pretty highly regarded wrestling skills. I can see the high risk, low reward viewpoint, but c'mon guys, people just don't fucking take on all comers anymore. Everyone has a fookin' agenda.

He really pissed off Dana with his 30% comments after the Meek win and for whatever reason he just hasn't been able to build any kind of fan base to push him to the fights he wants. Also and this isn't really his fault, he's not a guy you can really look good against even if you beat him.

So he's in this tough spot where the UFC don't want him to fight potential stars or stars, those guys don't want to fight him and he just can't get the fights he needs to advance

Now it's mostly on the UFC for not just making those fights happen because it's the proper way for the sport to operate but he hasn't done himself any favours either

Copy that. Thanks.

Not me. I intend on calling him out the day after he announced he finally has a fight officially booked.

Matchmakers should drag Covington by the ear into the octagon and force him to prove is number 3 ranking against Usman, big props to Darren Till for manning up about taking a fight with Usman.

200.gif

Is Till fighting Usman?

Throw him to Till send him to Pluto

I'm not sure how 40 year old Maia will look, but the Maia of 2014 - 2016 vs. Usman would be fun.

Maia seems to be traveling the world right now, shooting martial arts documentaries, and giving seminars. I'd still enjoy Maia vs. kamaru, though.

DW already said he's the hardest guy to get a fight for at 170.

UFC needs to tell Colby to fight him or he'll be a full time pro wrestler.

Back