Everybody get Excited! CM Punk is returning to the Octagon

What a waste of money, fuck Dana crys about paying real fighters show money then gonna train and pay this slob to get rekt hundreds of thousands of dollars.
CM punk will generate more money than the guy he goes against would in 10 fights, I think its good business, despite being kind of a sham.

I honestly want to see it. It's interesting. Want to see how far 2 years training can take a 40 year old. An experiment almost.

giphy.gif
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/1/21/16917068/dana-white-cm-punk-ufc-future-mma-news

602252486.jpg.0.jpg

UFC president Dana White recently spoke to The Associated Press ahead of UFC 220 in Boston, and it looks as if we will see CM Punk compete in the Octagon at least one more time.

“I like that guy. He’s a good dude,” White said. “He wants one more. He wants to get another shot. I’m going to give it to him. He’s a completely different case than most normal human beings, so I’m going to give him another shot,” White said.

White noted that there’s no opponent lined up yet for Punk, whose real name is Phil Brooks, but said that he was “working on it.”

Random picked Sherdog poster vs CM Punk

Random Sherdoger +105

Make it happen Dana

if it's not against the Brooklyn Brawler i think Punks O isn't gonna go,he will be (O-2) in the UFC & probably made more money than fighters like Darren Elkins has his entire career ..total Horse shit

What a waste of money, fuck Dana crys about paying real fighters show money then gonna train and pay this slob to get rekt hundreds of thousands of dollars.
He makes them money. That is the only reason he's on the card. You have it backwards.

Dana wants to rort 500K ppv buys from clueless prowrestling fan.

0-2

I'd rather see Demi Lovato in the octagon, although come to think of it Lovato v Punk might be a moneymaker.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/1/21/16917068/dana-white-cm-punk-ufc-future-mma-news

602252486.jpg.0.jpg

UFC president Dana White recently spoke to The Associated Press ahead of UFC 220 in Boston, and it looks as if we will see CM Punk compete in the Octagon at least one more time.

“I like that guy. He’s a good dude,” White said. “He wants one more. He wants to get another shot. I’m going to give it to him. He’s a completely different case than most normal human beings, so I’m going to give him another shot,” White said.

White noted that there’s no opponent lined up yet for Punk, whose real name is Phil Brooks, but said that he was “working on it.”
Lmao at ‘completely different case than most normal humans’...
Only difference is this Punk brings him more money.
Fuck you Dana, you puny hood. Rot in hell.

For an opponent they should do a TUF where the object is to put a fighter in a position to fight Punk. That will get the most mileage out of his appearances.

Pick the guy who loses the most to face Punk.

Any newcomer has as much potential.

I don’t know what you mean.

Maybe I need to explain, and I hope it’s not a language thing. CM punk’s name has value. Maybe not as much as when he was in WWE and maybe not as much as before he got smoked, but it has value. People will want to see what happens to him. His fans will want to see him hopefully win one, and his detractors will want to see him lose.
Now, because he has a valuable name they are going to match him up with someone that doesn’t that could potentially become a star. They are trying to find that next white hot commodity. That’s why they hyped Francis. It’s also why they put Gall in there with Punk. Gall was a nobody that UFC saw potential in becoming a star. He was skilled and had a personality. UFC used Punk to boost Gall. And it worked. The world learned who Gall was and he moved on to fight in more UFC pics and fought guys like sage. It was the right think to do. Punk is old and unskilled. He isn’t going to be in the game for long. Hitching your wagon to Punk as a potential star is stupid. It would only be a short term gain and probably wouldn’t be much of a gain. However if you can get a future draw out of it that will be in several events then you have used Punk wisely.

Not even sure what goes into sanctioning a fight, but maybe commissions should take that into account. Someone with 0 background vs a bjj brown belt is not a smart idea. Mickey showed compassion by ending it quickly.

The most comical thing was Punk giving Mickey some kudos pep talk at the end of the fight like Punk is someone important. If someone beats Anderson Silva, and Anderson wants to give you an inspirational talk after the fight, you take it, because that’s Anderson fucking Silva. But CM Punk? GTFOH lmao.

What did he say exactly to Gall when he accosted him? Gall looked really uncomfortable there.

I don’t know what you mean.

Maybe I need to explain, and I hope it’s not a language thing. CM punk’s name has value. Maybe not as much as when he was in WWE and maybe not as much as before he got smoked, but it has value. People will want to see what happens to him. His fans will want to see him hopefully win one, and his detractors will want to see him lose.
Now, because he has a valuable name they are going to match him up with someone that doesn’t that could potentially become a star. They are trying to find that next white hot commodity. That’s why they hyped Francis. It’s also why they put Gall in there with Punk. Gall was a nobody that UFC saw potential in becoming a star. He was skilled and had a personality. UFC used Punk to boost Gall. And it worked. The world learned who Gall was and he moved on to fight in more UFC pics and fought guys like sage. It was the right think to do. Punk is old and unskilled. He isn’t going to be in the game for long. Hitching your wagon to Punk as a potential star is stupid. It would only be a short term gain and probably wouldn’t be much of a gain. However if you can get a future draw out of it that will be in several events then you have used Punk wisely.

The fight wasn't worth it because Gall isn't remotely a star and as I said before any other newcomer has as much potential to be a star if not more. When's the last time you saw a thread about Mickey Gall?

You’re wrong sir. They’ve absolutely made money off Gall. I don’t think you know how this works.

The fight wasn't worth it because Gall isn't remotely a star and as I said before any other newcomer has as much potential to be a star if not more. When's the last time you saw a thread about Mickey Gall?

I don’t think you know how this works.

Back