Evan Tanner dead (Tributes within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another video tribute ...

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/Ac2bPI3dPA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="720" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

by far the best Evan Tanner tribute video! thx to whoever made it.

just found out now. I am so gutted !!! I just hope they make a movie on his life

Wow, I saw this in a different forum and was surprised he actually died. I just rented one of his DVDs and watched him lose his title because of that cut.

Too bad, R.I.P.!

I know it's been a week since this heartbreaking news made rounds, however I felt the time wasn't right to give my full thoughts on Evan Tanner, the human being as well as Evan Tanner the fighter.

Now, after a week to fully reflect, I guess there's never quite a better time.

As a fighter, I retort to my words in another post regarding Tanner, posted back in June..

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/23913942-post38.html

I couldn't put my thoughts on his fighting career any better than I did in that post. Sickeningly, I never thought or hoped that the post I wrote that evening would serve as a eulogy for a lost star, however regretfully and remorsefully I bump it up to be. Evan left it ALL in the cage, whether he won or lost. He never gave us fans anything but 115 percent every fight and never left satisfied unless the fans left happy.

As a human being, he truly and genuiely was one of a kind. In a world full of assholes and douchebags who don't have the balls to live for their dreams and follow them, Evan Tanner was as unique as the day is long and as decent as they come. As good of a fighter he was in the cage, he was even more genuine outside of it. I've heard many of experiences involving Tanner remaining back HOURS after the fights had ended, signing autographs, bullshitting with fans and treating them all like they were long lost friends. In a sport which has grown in popularity like wildfire, causing some to get big time egos, Tanner NEVER lost track of who he was and the worth of the fans. I had the pleasure of having many Myspace message exchanges with Tanner. My most fond however was one where I put a blog regarding some depressing life issues for my friends to see. He responded by telling me something prophetic. "I know you're hurting and that is justified. However, don't ever lose sight of the path and continue to walk it. Sooner or later you will get where you need to be and your journey will be able to be looked back on with fondness."

I was as moved by his words then, however I've been even more moved by them since his passing.

Evan, I promise I'll keep following that path and not lose track of it. My only hope is that one day, some day, I'll follow it enough to be able to say I can see you again in another life. Until then, Rest Well Brother.. Your name and legacy will NEVER, EVER be forgotten. Thank you for everything and I'll see you again.

Jason

bro nice words this is inspiring.....tanner is a big lost to MMA community especially with his friends and those who idolize him... T_T

I know it's been a week since this heartbreaking news made rounds, however I felt the time wasn't right to give my full thoughts on Evan Tanner, the human being as well as Evan Tanner the fighter.

As a fighter, I retort to my words in another post regarding Tanner, posted back in June..

I couldn't put my thoughts on his fighting career any better than I did in that post. Sickeningly, I never thought or hoped that the post I wrote that evening would serve as a eulogy for a lost star, however regretfully and remorsefully I bump it up to be. Evan left it ALL in the cage, whether he won or lost. He never gave us fans anything but 115 percent every fight and never left satisfied unless the fans left happy.

As a human being, he truly and genuiely was one of a kind. In a world full of assholes and douchebags who don't have the balls to live for their dreams and follow them, Evan Tanner was as unique as the day is long and as decent as they come. As good of a fighter he was in the cage, he was even more genuine outside of it. I've heard many of experiences involving Tanner remaining back HOURS after the fights had ended, signing autographs, bullshitting with fans and treating them all like they were long lost friends. In a sport which has grown in popularity like wildfire, causing some to get big time egos, Tanner NEVER lost track of who he was and the worth of the fans. I had the pleasure of having many Myspace message exchanges with Tanner. My most fond however was one where I put a blog regarding some depressing life issues for my friends to see. He responded by telling me something prophetic. "I know you're hurting and that is justified. However, don't ever lose sight of the path and continue to walk it. Sooner or later you will get where you need to be and your journey will be able to be looked back on with fondness."

I was as moved by his words then, however I've been even more moved by them since his passing.

Evan, I promise I'll keep following that path and not lose track of it. My only hope is that one day, some day, I'll follow it enough to be able to say I can see you again in another life. Until then, Rest Well Brother.. Your name and legacy will NEVER, EVER be forgotten. Thank you for everything and I'll see you again.

Jason

bro nice words this is inspiring.....tanner is a big lost to MMA community especially with his friends and those who idolize him... T_T

Jason
nice man nice

Another video tribute ...

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/Ac2bPI3dPA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="720" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

dude that was such a great video, thanks to whoever made it.

it made me tear up watching it, and it should for anybody to just see the passion and emotion he displayed for all his fights.

i never gotr to see his early career and have only seen a few of his fights, but anyone can see he was truly a great man.

it just makes me sad when ed herman said "he was never truly happy on this earth and now hes happy", because he was such a great person. its a terrible tragedy when such a great person cant find true happiness. Cant ever replace a person like that, i just feel honored to learn what i have about his life from some of the caring people on sherdog, and from other websites about such a remarkable person.

he deserves to have a movie made about him, hes such an intriguing person.

dude that was such a great video, thanks to whoever made it.

it made me tear up watching it, and it should for anybody to just see the passion and emotion he displayed for all his fights.

i never gotr to see his early career and have only seen a few of his fights, but anyone can see he was truly a great man.

it just makes me sad when ed herman said "he was never truly happy on this earth and now hes happy", because he was such a great person. its a terrible tragedy when such a great person cant find true happiness. Cant ever replace a person like that, i just feel honored to learn what i have about his life from some of the caring people on sherdog, and from other websites about such a remarkable person.

he deserves to have a movie made about him, hes such an intriguing person.

i agree with u completely i also became teary eyed while watching this video..

Y did he have 2 die a day before my birthday. Y did he have 2 die. I will always miss ure krazy hair and beard UFC Middle Weight Champion Evan Tanner. :icon_cry2:icon_cry2

R.I.P. Evan Tanner.... one of MMA's hidden gems. You will be (and are) missed.

Ive nothing to say that hasnt been said, Im just going to miss a great fighter and a greater person

So sad!

RIP Tanner

don't know if this was posted :

Dana White said this morning that they will be dedicating Wednesday night's live show on Spike from Omaha, headlined by Houston Alexander vs. Eric Schafer, to Evan Tanner and that they will be airing an Evan Tanner TV tribute show on Spike. White said they've also put together 30 second tribute spots for Tanner that will be airing soon."

MMANEWS.COM | UFC Fight Night Live To Be Dedicated To Evan Tanner

Evan it is guys like you that held the torch of MMA during one of the most stagnant periods of MMA. I remember watching you thinking.."man, how can a self-taught fighter do such big things?". When you went to Quest you sharpened up a LOT! I was a die-hard Pride and K1 fan during those days, but I would always watch the UFC if I knew you were fighting.

Anyways I hope you left peacefully and in a good frame of mind. But whatever the case I know you are still out there roaming the wilderness and visiting different MMA dojos everywhere.

RIP Evan, you will be missed.
:icon_cry2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back