Evan Tanner dead (Tributes within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread still broken? cant see any posts made in last 15 hours :|

I never followed his career but from the fights I've seen he was a 'true warrior'.

RIP x

this may help...

the interview is called "for a better world".

"we've kind of run away with ourselves, run away from ourselves here in this society. we've lost touch. very few people get it... took me a while."

Part 1:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qBwjaPyqxYc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qBwjaPyqxYc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"i learned the things that truly matter. now i can live by it. one of the ultimate things a human can learn is kindness for their fellow humans, and understanding. i'd like to teach those things to my children."

Part 2:

YouTube - Evan Tanner Unreleased Video - For a better world. Part 2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Y0LadiZdOA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Y0LadiZdOA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kind of chokes me up watching those

I saw the sticky and couldn't believe my eyes. Evan is actually gone.

RIP man. You were an inspiration.

I figured I'd wait a few days to give a tribute to him because I didn't know what to say. A week has gone by and I still don't. I used to have a MySpace page and he was one of my favorites. Always a nice guy. Honest to a fault. I didn't care that he wasn't fighting.
I'm not good at this sort of thing.
I'll never forget him mentioning in his blog a little over a year ago that someone he could basically ruin effortlessly had pushed his buttons, put his hands on him and Evan did the right thing and didn't reciprocate. So many people responded and supported his decision to be the bigger man.
I think back to some of his opponents in the UFC who talked trash before fights and he never did the same in return. He was always the bigger man. Even last June.
I'm not pretending to have known him personally. I did not. This is all I have and it means something to me. I wish I had known him personally. There seems to be a consensus that he was a good guy and I believe he was. I don't think we have to know people intimately to care about them either.
God bless, Evan.
RIP.

Getting old fast ?

Evan Tanner had a message that he wanted to get out (if you watched the videos, instead of whining like the little bitch you are, you would have known that). All of these threads serve that purpose, and Tanner wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

btw, I was writing Evan Tanner tribute threads months ago. So basically, fuck off and find another thread to troll.

lol okay, well lets see one with a date and i'll believe you.

I never thought I would be affected this much by a death of someone I didn't know. I liked him as a fighter, and somehow found him on myspace and started reading his blog regularly. The whole "fighter" thing went out the window, I was then drawn to him as a person, which everyone was. I hope that he knew how many people he touched, and will continue to reach even after his passing.

Reading all of your thoughts and stories has helped me feel better. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in the way I feel...I felt like I was crazy for feeling so bummed out. Thank you all for sharing.

I never thought I would be affected this much by a death of someone I didn't know. I liked him as a fighter, and somehow found him on myspace and started reading his blog regularly. The whole "fighter" thing went out the window, I was then drawn to him as a person, which everyone was. I hope that he knew how many people he touched, and will continue to reach even after his passing.

Reading all of your thoughts and stories has helped me feel better. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in the way I feel...I felt like I was crazy for feeling so bummed out. Thank you all for sharing.

I've felt the same way too. I have always loved watching his fights. I started reading his blog a little over a year ago. I remember when he decided to get his life together and it was so awesome to watch happen and watch him come back to the UFC even though fighting wasn't his main goal in life. I went to Ohio to watch his first fight back and even though he didn't win, it didn't even matter cause the real victory was him getting his life back.

I didn't think too much or look into his trip into the desert as something that big or anything. He always talked up things and appreciated things in his blogs like he got really excited about little things, which was one of the many cool things about him. He had a great heart.

Kind of chokes me up watching those

indeed. i found it difficult to get through, especially the first time i watched it. i'd discussed some of the topics with evan in emails before, but i'd never seen him interviewed about his own life philosophies like that before. it's a good way for people to gain a little insight into his thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back