Europe birthplace of mankind not Africa, scientists claim in new discovery

Very interesting . I'm skeptical but if more evidence come to light they might have to rethink the ooa theory.

Or maybe it's more evidence for a multi-origin. I didn't read the article (can't be bothered).

Multi-origin is totally debunked science.

Whatever hominid was found either died out or migrated back into Africa.

If the findings are correct, the idea that man evolved from ape is shot in the head. This means creatures very close to humans were already living in Europe at a time when paleontology claims apes went full biped in Africa, creating a new lineage.
Nobody thinks man evolved from apes. Nobody. What they have theorized, using DNA and fossil evidence, is that humans and apes share a common mammal ancestor.

Darn we're not related. @Mike

We all have the same common ancestor so we are. Doesn't really matter where that ancestor came from. we're all still one family.

<mma4>

Nobody thinks man evolved from apes. Nobody. What they have theorized, using DNA and fossil evidence, is that humans and apes share a common mammal ancestor.
Hate to break it to you, but that's el wrongo. So is the idea that humans didn't evolve from monkeys. Apes evolved from monkeys and hominids evolved from apes.

Obviously some goons have a not very nuanced grasp of evolution, but saying that humans evolved from apes is not the same as saying that humans evolved from any modern ape population.

It appears that this finding has nothing to do with the out of Africa theory for Homo sapiens, but rather far earlier developments. So Europe is still not the birthplace of modern humans, but of a very far afield ancestor.

Fossils are bullshit I buried a cat and that shit disappeared into dust after a few years

HOW the fuck do bones not dissolve into dust after "millions of years"

#jesusdidnttap

Missleading article title. For those who don't know, we are not talking about humans here, we are talking about an ape which had started to develop human-like features. Even the Australopithicus wasn't all that man-like.

I may have read the reports wrong, but to me it read like there was a new ape found that lived in Europe while early homonids lived in Africa.

I didn't get the connection that the apes that lived in Europe were ancestors of homosapiens

We all have the same common ancestor so we are. Doesn't really matter where that ancestor came from. we're all still one family.

<mma4>

159102055_95de9b.gif

Back