Europe birthplace of mankind not Africa, scientists claim in new discovery

One study, against hundreds of established ones that traces our common lineage to Africa.

I'm gonna say this one is going to get thrown out rather quickly.

Why's that? Are you invested in the 'out of Africa' theory?

Why's that? Are you invested in the 'out of Africa' theory?
Probably has something to do with weighing the fossil evidence and cross referencing DNA analysis. Or the vested interest I guess.

Wouldn't that just be a case of different branches on the same tree? Parallel development if you will?

I'm no dentist, but the article seems to say that "El Graeco", at least from its mandible, is much closer to modern humans than the earliest African hominid and it also predates them by several hundred thousand years. This ought to raise some red flags. I'm not saying the ape-man evo is shot dead, but it lays bleeding on the sidewalk and requires medical aid :D

nice good to know europe is my original homeland thus belongs to me.....fyi i am not white

oh man seriously how are you gonna topple the ancient african civilizations and empires with all their rich cultures, discoveries and massive untold mysteries, oh wait
Well that didn't take long for someone to go off on a racial rant.

From John Hawks blog

Hawks cautions about jumping to conclusions based on the physical evidence from *A* mandible (lower jaw bone).

Is it going too far to say that this fossil jaw is the earliest hominin?

Here’s what I think: Paleoanthropology must move past the point where a mandibular fragment is accepted as sufficient evidence.

And the reason for skepticism:

As blog readers are my witnesses, if I ever describe an unassociated mandibular fragment, I will never claim it is the earliest hominin, the earliest Homo, or the earliest modern human. Again and again, discoveries of relatively complete skeletal evidence have shown that different hominin (and ape) lineages had mosaic morphological patterns across the skeleton. Parallelism and convergence among lineages have been widespread in our evolutionary tree, and no single feature or fragment can accurately indicate relationships.

http://johnhawks.net/weblog/fossils/miocene/graecopithecus/graecopithecus-fuss-2017.html

forgot if it was china or japan, but one of them always disputed the theory and argued that they evolved on their own

edit: it was china
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18093-chinese-challenge-to-out-of-africa-theory/
China is infamous for claiming multiregionalism and that they evolved from local Hominids. The Chinese , like White Supremacists, think they are superior and couldn't stomach having their origins in Africa and sharing origins with everyone else.

The similar teeth could just be an example of convergent evolution of a single trait.

Hard to tell if those apes were bipedal and had transitional brain capacity, etc..

Very interesting, I love me sum paleontology/anthropology science.

Or maybe it's more evidence for a multi-origin. I didn't read the article (can't be bothered).

Back