Eugene Bareman: Izzy's adamant that he must fight for a title, we are ready while waiting on DDP

Khamzat doesn't even have a win over a current top 15 MW, let alone a top 5 one...
I know, but I just mentioned he was promised one. Wouldn't be the first guy promised a title shot that never got it. I'm just saying everyone else has either got their title shot or lost the title. Either way we'll know after the Whittaker fight if he can earn one finally.

It's up to a division contender , not the champion....

That's a new one to me
exactly.

F'ing Adesanya knows that the UFC always do him a favor. I'm on Team Dricus here. Tough shit Israel, you had your time.

Reactions: Gio
He got emasculated by Sean Strickland and doesn't deserve a title fight coming off a loss. He's 1-2 in his last 3 and has already had his instant rematch/title fight.

if stipe who is 2-1 in his last 3 fights doesnt deserve to fight jones

who da fuk is this izzy dude who gets stalked by sean
got brutaly kod against poatan

getting title shots
lol

Eugene Bareman, Adesanya’s coach at Auckland’s City Kickboxing, admits it came as a surprise not getting the call for UFC 300. He told NZ Herald they had been in camp working towards
dethroning the South African champion when the main event was confirmed, but adds there is no question as to what comes next for his fighter:

“Israel will be fighting for the title next,” Bareman said. “The date, I’m not sure. Give us a date and we’ll take it. We’re just sitting ready to go.”

That date might be on the horizon – and a little closer to home.

The UFC will return Downunder on August 18, with Perth playing host to UFC 305. While there have been no talks about that as it stands, NZ Herald understands Adesanya’s team and UFC
shares the interest in booking the fight for Perth.

While the fight never came together for UFC 300 – du Plessis turned the bout down due to fitness – Adesanya seems content on waiting for du Plessis to be ready to fight:

“Israel’s pretty adamant that he has to fight for the title,” Bareman told NZ Herald. “It’s not up to Du Plessis. If that was the case, I wish Israel as a champion had those sorts of choices. The truth is,
he probably didn’t.”

Source: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/uf...ed-for-main-event/3LCUC5IA4ZEGHKAPGPOXA6TVHE/
Its not up to Du Plessis, but it is up to Adesanya? This artiicle is worded weirdly...

He lost to a guy that stands there and jabs. He needs to get a win.

He should be rematching Strickland after getting his ass beat. A title shot is retarded.

Why is this allowed? dude already had his insta rematch with Alex. Now he gets another one over the guy that beat him? People would be losing their minds if this was happening in any other division.
I like Izzy but this is a damn good point. He should face a contender next.

This is something the UFC clearly wants to happen. That said, it should be Cannonier/DDP, Izzy/Strickland II and the recently booked Whittaker/Khamzat fight to set up 185 properly. Of course the UFC wouldn't do it.

So easy to make the PC babies cry.

Israel Adesanya calls the shots because he fights. DDP has now turned down offers to fight Israel twice. He clearly has a say but unfortunately what he says is he is a pussy that doesn't want to fight so UFC has to make that choice for him.

This is something the UFC clearly wants to happen. That said, it should be Cannonier/DDP, Izzy/Strickland II and the recently booked Whittaker/Khamzat fight to set up 185 properly. Of course the UFC wouldn't do it.
They're most definitely looking to cash in big with DDP vs Izzy followed by Khamzat vs Izzy and because of this Sean and Jared are getting screwed. The UFC is most likely not going to make Sean rematch Jared as that fight was pretty uneventful so neither of these guys have anyone to fight unless they fight way down which Sean is most likely not willing to do and he really shouldn't. Jared MAY be willing to take Costa if it's offered but I really doubt that he will and rightfully so as Costa hasn't had a top win in years. So he probably ends up on ice along with Sean. Unfortunate how this is all going down and I'm pretty disappointed in all parties involved that have allowed this to happen.

It's not like there's some undeniable contender out there. Khamzat still hasn't beaten a ranked MW.

DDP vs Izzy not being in Africa is a waste though.

Like him or hate him, Izzy has done enough to ask for a title fight. He did cash his immediate rematch against Poatan, but he won convincingly, so that probably gives him another immediate rematch token. Plus during his reign he was very active and didn't duck anyone

No he hasn't. That is completely ridiculous.

He is currently on a 2-2 run and got that absolute shit beaten out of him for 5 rounds in his last fight.

Nobody owns rights to the title, he should earn it like anyone else. How many freebie instant title rematches should he get?

give him the title shot fuck it im an izzy stand

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back