News Erin Blanchfield vs Manon Fiorot set for March 30 in Atlantic City

Who wins?

• Total voters
I don’t like Fiorot’s robotic style and definitely rooting for Blanchfield. However, Fiorot’s strength is going to be a problem, so giving her the edge here.

I am never underestimating Blanchfield’s game planning and IQ again though - she really stands out in that department.

I wanted one to fight Grasso. And the other to fight Shevchenko. It made perfect sense, imo.

If they are making these two fight to do an instant trilogy with the other 2. That’s a massive fail, imo.

And what happens if Shevchenko actually wins the trilogy fight? Her arrogance is so high that she will refuse what would then be the necessary instant 4th fight. 1-1-1. That’s a tie. There never should have been an instant rematch to begin with. And this is why.

I never want to see the same two fighters having 3 title fights in a row. It’s fucking ridiculous. I only speak for myself, but it kills my interest in the division.

Yan should be next at SW. but if the UFC actually does Grasso vs Weili, I’m fine with that. It’s way more appealing to me than the trilogy. There’s only been one wmma super fight in UFC history. Technically two if you count Pena vs Amanda ll (I don’t count that one, though). That combined with the alternative being that ridiculous trilogy makes this an easy choice for me.

I think Manon will be able to keep it upright. She's strong as fuck. And she's the better striker. As always, I could be wrong.

so hyped for this. great matchmaking!

I wanted one to fight Grasso. And the other to fight Shevchenko. It made perfect sense, imo.

and who would fight Grasso? both had relatively unimpressive wins in their last fights.
the ufc was kept Manon in the 3rd spot despite beating Rose.
im fine with either, just wanted to hear your opinion

I kinda dig both of them. It's like the battle of the Boise dimes.

I was worried when I thought it was a three rounder, but I've seen Mannon's footwork get worse as she slows down. I have confidence in Erin's cardio and chin to help her get past the first two rough rounds and then put it on manon for the rest.
I mean even if her footwork gets worse, I feel like Erin's takedowns get sloppier late. I know a lot of people were stoked after her last fight but I'm actually worried about her moving forward. I don't think blocking punches with her face until her opponent gets tired is sustainable.
Assuming she gets the win, I don't like her chances anymore against Alexa or Valentina.

Last edited:
How so? How confident are you that Erin can get it to the ground? I'm rooting for her but her takedowns are basic as hell and shes really easy to hit.

Most of Erin's skills are basic, and yeh, she doesn't really know how to defend strikes.

But the girl is gritty and grindy as fuck. She was getting stuffed then lit up with jabs by Aldrich, and she was getting clobbered by Santos. Made no difference. She just kept going and won both those fights.

I just don't see Manon keeping Erin off her for 5 rounds and not slowing down to the point where Erin can start to take over.

May as well go with Grasso vs Weili now, better than pandering to Val's ego by going straight to a third fight. Erin or Manon should have had the title shot though.

Most of Erin's skills are basic, and yeh, she doesn't really know how to defend strikes.

But the girl is gritty and grindy as fuck. She was getting stuffed then lit up with jabs by Aldrich, and she was getting clobbered by Santos. Made no difference. She just kept going and won both those fights.
Lol this is what I'm talking about though. This is problematic, it's actually really problematic. Santos made a tactical error, and Erin capitalized but she gonna have the same problem with Manon. Not just Manon but every fight from here on. Erin basically has the same skillet as Dern.

I mean even if her footwork gets worse, I feel like Erin's takedowns get sloppier late. I know a lot of people were stoked after her last fight but I'm actually worried about her moving forward. I don't think blocking punches with her face until her opponent gets tired is sustainable.
Assuming she gets the win, I don't like her chances anymore against Alexa or Valentina.

Even if erin doesn't get her takedowns, I see lots of clinching, a few strikes, then clinching again by erin to win 3 of 5 rounds. I don't think manon has the cardio to keep up with her at all, even if she kicks erin's ass early. Blocking punches with your face is never a good idea, but we are talking about 125lb women here. There are very few girls who have the ability to put erin out in that weight class in my opinion, and that's what it will take to get her off of you. Maybe manon has that kind of stopping power, we'll see.

Erin is also still developing as a fighter.

How so? How confident are you that Erin can get it to the ground? I'm rooting for her but her takedowns are basic as hell and shes really easy to hit.
I love Manon, the only time I rooted against her is when she fought Rose Namajunas. Erin may not have the best takedowns but if it does get to the ground even once I think its curtains for Manon.

Even if erin doesn't get her takedowns, I see lots of clinching, a few strikes, then clinching again by erin to win 3 of 5 rounds. I don't think manon has the cardio to keep up with her at all, even if she kicks erin's ass early. Blocking punches with your face is never a good idea, but we are talking about 125lb women here. There are very few girls who have the ability to put erin out in that weight class in my opinion, and that's what it will take to get her off of you. Maybe manon has that kind of stopping power, we'll see.

Erin is also still developing as a fighter.
Manon can absolutely take her into with a well placed kick but I don't see that happening.

They’re really giving Erin a push.
How many fights I’ve been essentially local for her?
I ain’t mad, though!

May as well go with Grasso vs Weili now, better than pandering to Val's ego by going straight to a third fight. Erin or Manon should have had the title shot though.

125 is fully booked, Grasso/Val 3 make so much sense.

Back