Epic Beer Thread V33: Rejoice, it's stout season!

I tried the Bellwoods Jutsu which I was impressed with. I went back for more.
The Runes Double Dry-Hopped IPA w/ Citra & Mosaic Lupulin Powder is a very good beer but not as good as the galaxy hop version they do. Too bad they didn't bring that one.

Drinking a fresh Trillium Pier, which is a wheat beer and imo one of Trilliums better offerings. Has a more bitter back end than their typical juice bombs, but is really hoppy, biscuity like most of their best stuff. Wish they brewed it more often.

Also grabbed a couple cans of DDH Congress Streets and a can of Deciduous, which is a double India wheat ale and a can of High Fashion, which is a DIPA colab with Cloudwater Brew Co.

The Runes Double Dry-Hopped IPA w/ Citra & Mosaic Lupulin Powder is a very good beer but not as good as the galaxy hop version they do. Too bad they didn't bring that one.
is the explicit use of lupulin powder a fairly new thing? i just noticed some odells Rupture on the shelf that boasts grinding to rupture lupulin glands. never heard of it until recently.

is the explicit use of lupulin powder a fairly new thing? i just noticed some odells Rupture on the shelf that boasts grinding to rupture lupulin glands. never heard of it until recently.
The only beers I've ever had with Lupulin powder I think are all from Bellwoods so I'd assume it's a pretty new thing. The one you're talking about with grinding the powder sounds like they were trying to ad the extracted oils. I've seen Sierra Nevada do that Hop Hunter.

You guys have much better selections than my pinky dink little town. I'm jelly af.

Should have been rinky dink....fucking smart ass phone.

Holy fuck, Treehouse has insane limit today over 50 fucking beers!

I've had like 10 of their hoppy beers now and I just don't get it. Some were good. Some were bad. Most were just uninteresting.
Lol, I know. I'm just giving you a hard time.

What I love about them is the mouthfeel, subtle yet complex aromatics and the amazing balance. Outside of a few ipas, I wasn't a fan and I hated the hop bomb ipas. But i Have really enjoyed all of their offerings, but honestly taste is so personal you can't really argue it. Lol

The only beers I've ever had with Lupulin powder I think are all from Bellwoods so I'd assume it's a pretty new thing. The one you're talking about with grinding the powder sounds like they were trying to ad the extracted oils. I've seen Sierra Nevada do that Hop Hunter.

The hop hunter oil notes are insanely subtle

Didn't really imbue me with faith for hop oil brewing, but i'd be curious to hear solid oil/extract brews

...also if anyone is a fan of Sierra's style and they haven't tried this nightmare fuel bastard

8816203169822.png

they f*cking should

Hands down best saison I've ever had.

Beyond The Pale Brewing
For the Saison Tropicale we used a good amount of Rye and Oats to improve the mouthfeel and complexity of the spicyness of the Saison yeast. We adjusted the water with 5 mineral salts to accentuate the flavours we wanted. Finally we dry hopped the beer with juicy & fruity hops. This beer is quite dry however the mouthfeel is quite pleasant because of our grain bill strategy. Tastes and aroma of cantaloupe, pineapple, passion fruit, lychee and guava fill your mouth and nose all culminating with a refreshing, spicy and slightly tart finish
btp-saison-tropicale.jpg

BTW might as well just keep this thread going..... It's stout season again

Hands down best saison I've ever had.

Beyond The Pale Brewing
For the Saison Tropicale we used a good amount of Rye and Oats to improve the mouthfeel and complexity of the spicyness of the Saison yeast. We adjusted the water with 5 mineral salts to accentuate the flavours we wanted. Finally we dry hopped the beer with juicy & fruity hops. This beer is quite dry however the mouthfeel is quite pleasant because of our grain bill strategy. Tastes and aroma of cantaloupe, pineapple, passion fruit, lychee and guava fill your mouth and nose all culminating with a refreshing, spicy and slightly tart finish
btp-saison-tropicale.jpg

Wonder what distro is like.

Wonder what distro is like.
Probably not yet great. I've heard about this brewery for a few years now regarding their Aromatherapy IPA but never tried it until a few days ago. They brew out of Ottawa and for a long time the distro was local to the region but the reputation of the beer had really grown. They've gotten into the liquor store across Ontario now so they must have expanded.

Back