Epic Beer Thread V33: Rejoice, it's stout season!

Stopped at Magnify. Quality stuff. Was fairly impressed.
They were hit or miss for a while but seemed to have really dialed it in lately. Their wild IPAs are some of the more interesting things being produced around here.

I just had this beer from "Newburgh brewing" called checkpoint charlie and it might be the worst beer ive ever had in my life... for the first time in my life i think i have poured a beer out without finishing, also feel bad for the grass that it landed on...

seahag and sip of sunshine for me the rest of the night

I finally stopped at the New Treehouse this week, holy shit it's gorgeous. It's also amazing how much beer they are selling, on Wednesday they sold over 2000 cases. Haze and Alter Ego were the offerings with limits of 7pp.

I had an Omnipollo on Friday night. It was good, very good in fact, but fuuuucccckkkk paying £10 for a small bottle, half a pint.

I had a Yellow Belly and quite frankly I hated it. I know it's popular but it was not for me.

I don't know an awful lot about Omnipollo but the only ones at the bar this weekend were all 'sweet' - as in, like, cheesecake or whatever, porters and stouts. I love porters and stouts but I'm not huge on sweet flavouring with it, I prefer a coffee or similar flavour if anything. It was nowhere near worth £10 for half a pint though.

Had some good beer this weekend. 2004 cantillon iris, 3 Fontenien geuze refermented on honey, Arizona wilderness Brett pils, some bearded iris ipas, a bunch of Bruial stuff, saint Somewhere's Tampa bay collab, ritterguts sour bock, brew by numbers saison, Carolina baurhaus cuvee, cantillon kriek, cantillon rose de gambrinus, jester king cherry funk metal, viking metal, and some of the spon series, a bunch of good beers from Innovation, and a ton more I don't remember at the moment. Any of you get the chance to go to the shelton brothers festival, do it.

Last edited:
I don't know an awful lot about Omnipollo but the only ones at the bar this weekend were all 'sweet' - as in, like, cheesecake or whatever, porters and stouts. I love porters and stouts but I'm not huge on sweet flavouring with it, I prefer a coffee or similar flavour if anything. It was nowhere near worth £10 for half a pint though.
They do a lot of "milkshake ipas." Ipas with vanilla, fruit, and a shitload of lactose. Definitely not a style I like, but they are becoming really popular.

Last edited:
They do a lot of "milkshake ipas." Up as with vanilla, fruit, and a shitload of lactose. Definitely not a style I like, but they are becoming really popular.

Doesn't sound like my type of thing at all, but cheers for the info!

Just had a Tired Hands Extra Vanilla Milk Shake at a share this weekend and it was barely drinkable. Smelled fantastic but it was so over the top sweet that I couldn't get too much of it down.

They do a lot of "milkshake ipas." Ipas with vanilla, fruit, and a shitload of lactose. Definitely not a style I like, but they are becoming really popular.

Haven't seen you post in awhile. How's things?

I finally stopped at the New Treehouse this week, holy shit it's gorgeous. It's also amazing how much beer they are selling, on Wednesday they sold over 2000 cases. Haze and Alter Ego were the offerings with limits of 7pp.
I still haven't been to the new place, seems like every single minute they're open there's a long line and I just dont care to wait in them anymore...just got old. I still love their beer and was hoping that the new place would somehow mean it'd be easier to just go there and buy beer and maybe hang out and have a couple as well but nope, quite the contrary. More people and longer lines than ever!

I still haven't been to the new place, seems like every single minute they're open there's a long line and I just dont care to wait in them anymore...just got old. I still love their beer and was hoping that the new place would somehow mean it'd be easier to just go there and buy beer and maybe hang out and have a couple as well but nope, quite the contrary. More people and longer lines than ever!
Yeah, I had never really waited longer thn 15 minutes before and this weds was about 30min. I won't go too often, but occasionally on a weds afternoon.

I had an Omnipollo on Friday night. It was good, very good in fact, but fuuuucccckkkk paying £10 for a small bottle, half a pint.

Welcome to the beauty of scandinavian alcohol prices.
Some of the best Euro craft beer comes out of Norway,Sweden & Denmark, but those prices.......
You can literally get one 20 bottle (0,5L) crate of Jever Pilsener for the Price of one bottle (0,33L) of a BA Omnipollo Imperial stout.
Thats why i still put up with (mostly) mediocre german craft beer

Picked up a growler of Pueblo Vida's NW pale. These guys are destroying the local beer scene here.
IMG_1606.jpg

STYLE: PALE ALE | ABV: 6.2%

NORTHWEST-STYLE PALE ALE BREWED WITH GRAIN AND HOPS SOURCED FROM THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST. FERMENTED WITH A CLEAN AMERICAN ALE YEAST AND DRY HOPPED WITH CITRA AND SIMCOE.

TASTING NOTES: PINE, RESINOUS, BRIGHT FRUIT

Welcome to the beauty of scandinavian alcohol prices.
Some of the best Euro craft beer comes out of Norway,Sweden & Denmark, but those prices.......
You can literally get one 20 bottle (0,5L) crate of Jever Pilsener for the Price of one bottle (0,33L) of a BA Omnipollo Imperial stout.
Thats why i still put up with (mostly) mediocre german craft beer

I've spent a lot of time in Scandanavia and don't mind those prices but even though I know Omnipollo is a cut above, I begrudge spending that here in the UK.

Back