Epic Beer Thread V33: Rejoice, it's stout season!

While on the porters.

I don't usually like the gimmicky pumpkin beers but this porter did it right.

maxresdefault.jpg

Canned saison is a travisty

In Ontario with the lcbo supremacy and the demands they make on brewers levied against the costs involved in expanding and packaging and marketing and so forth canning is the way to go to get your product even close to the mainstream 'craft' drinkers. It's a crazy stupid system here run buy an archaic government idiots.

Going to be having my Hunapu finally next week with the family.

Also Finback has distro in RI now, but at 18-20+ a 4 pack can fuck off.

My buddy from Chicago visited us last week so we hit Tree House on Thursday. My first visit to the new place. Got Bright with mosaic, Julius, Alter Ego and Haze.

I was surprised by how good Alter Ego is, and even Julius tasted a lot better than I remembered it being. It's cool to be able to buy a case or more most days now. I have to start making more frequent trips there. It's easier with the paved lots now too, no more people pushing each other out of the mud or snow.

Going to be having my Hunapu finally next week with the family.

Also Finback has distro in RI now, but at 18-20+ a 4 pack can fuck off.
That’s pretty standard nyc pricing. They make mostly good stuff but I’ve also been burned a few times with oxidated cans or diacetyl straight from the brewery so I gave up on them for a while.

I'm not sure how wide their distribution is but Fort Hill's Jigsaw Jazz is a damn solid DIPA. 11 bucks a 6-pack, which is a steal. 9.3% but dangerously seasionable. Interested to try some other stuff by these guys.

I'm not sure how wide their distribution is but Fort Hill's Jigsaw Jazz is a damn solid DIPA. 11 bucks a 6-pack, which is a steal. 9.3% but dangerously seasionable. Interested to try some other stuff by these guys.
I forgot to respond, Fort Hill is one of my dads favorite breweries as it's one town over from them. Been drinking them for years

Also CBS comes out today in RI

whats everyone drinking over the holidays? I found G-bot in a store here(rare) so picked it up. 18 bucks for a 4 pack.. not even tall... but sipping on that and sip of sunshine..

cheers..happy holidays ...im celebrating tonight since I work christmas

I’ve pretty muched moved from Quantity to Quality over the holidays which equates to no more IPA’s or even my favorite malt forwards like Dead Guy and Dirty Bastard...i’ve Been enjoying Belgium and Belgium inspired beers...

delirium Noel
ST B Christmas Ale
Corsundunk Christmas Ale - my favorite of the 3 Christmas ales
Ommegang 3 Philiosphers
Ommegange 3 Philosiphers Barrel Aged
OMmegang 20th Anniversary - still have 3 bottles :)
Ommegang Soothsayer.
Piraat Barrel aged goalsen Ale - 3 stars
Straffe Hendrick Quad-1st time with this and was delicious 4 stars
Straffe Hendrick Barrel Aged 2014-another first...4.5 stars and have another bottle on tap for NYE
Gulden Draak Barrel aged - 4.25 stars and will be drinking one for NYE and holding onto to 2

And My all time favorite STB-ABT12 Barrel aged thanks to @MASShole

St B ABT12 barrel aged on tap for NYE as well...I believe it’s the 2017 version that picked up earlier this year....I also picked up 2 more 2 weeks ago and will let them Age until next years holidays...

Found an AWESOME beer store real close to me....that carry’s a formidable amount of Belgium and Belgium inspired beers.... that’s where I picked up 2 bottles of STB-ABT12 Barrel aged and the owner recommended the Straffe Hendrick Barrel aged....I also asked if he had the Gulden Drak Barrel aged...he said he didn’t but would order some...he looked it up and ordered a case....I went back picked up 4 bottles and his last SH 2014....

Cheers and Happy New Years everyone

I'm headed to Paris in a week or so guys, can you recommend any good Belgium beer bars in the city? We won't be heading out to Belgium or Germany on this trip but anything good in the city?

Would have been in and out in 10 minutes or so at Tree House this afternoon. But, fortunately they were serving drafts, up to two per person. So, I was able to wait out rush hour traffic for the trip home. Got a mixed case of Doppelgänger/Bright with Citra and 4 cans of Sap. Could have gotten full cases of Bright and Sap but I mostly wanted the Doppelgänger. Nice easy visit, will do again.

Smuttynose is looking for an immediate buyer at auction. Going for sale on March 3 I believe and Green Flash is pulling distro from a bunch of states and eliminating a bunch of workers.

gonna be a rough morning boys.. Already had A beer from relic and a house lager from Jack Abby at the bar.. Now diving into this

A3hlEbd.jpg

few in
Heady> Banger

dont care what the ratings are... two top ten beers in Im going heady

See, I was always the opposite. Focal is better to me, just spent my first day in Paris and am going to bed early to hopefully avoid jet lag totally. Hope to hit up some Belgians soon

Only had it once and Focal had way too much crystal malt sweetness from my recollection. Heady seems cleaner with more of that peach thing going on. I'm inclined to say they are both overrated but you can say that any beer at this point and of course my experience was limited and batches vary.

The haze craze is starting to get too big and annoying lately. Getting burnt out on these beers. Put in some work at Russian River last week and it was nice to crush some West Coast IPA's for a change.

I guess no one on Sherdog drinks beer anymore :(

Heard Reddit shut down their beer trading sub. Hopefully it means less idiots clogging up release lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back