Entire U.S. Senate to go to White House for North Korea briefing

Lonesome Crow

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-nuclear-usa-senate-idUSKBN17Q1LR

"Top Trump administration officials will hold a rare briefing on Wednesday at the White House for the entire U.S. Senate on the situation in North Korea, senior Senate aides said on Monday.

All 100 senators have been asked to the White House for the briefing by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and General Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the aides said."

644.jpg

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. I'm glad they are involving the Senators in whatever decision they are looking to make.

One of his closest guys will dome him, I'm calling it now.

Goddamn this whole bunch of clowns in this admin. is fucking laughable.

Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and General Joseph Dunford,

These guys couldn't find their way out of a garden maze.

Well, because of past administrations' policies, North Korea has nuclear weapons.

So, they literally can not do worse.

Mattis wouldn't bother with the maze... JDAM his way out.

I like Mattis in his position. Most of the rest of the cabinet I am either indifferent or "eh" on. Everyone always makes a big deal about cabinet appointees that almost never pans out.

Well, because of past administrations' policies, North Korea has nuclear weapons.

So, they literally can not do worse.

You pansy. You still think NK is a nuclear threat? This is drum beating to make some military move.

You keep on thinking it's my fault and stay an inch away from kicking distance....

You pansy. You still think NK is a nuclear threat? This is drum beating to make some military move.

You keep on thinking it's my fault and stay an inch away from kicking distance....

NK can't even fire a damn missile correctly, this must be like Iran's nukes that they were 2 weeks from 20 years ago.

They're certainly a nuclear threat to South Korea and possibly China, Russia, and Japan.

As for the US mainland:

They're not until they are. Want to wake up one day and have to deal with it when these things are real?

North-Korea-ICBM.jpg

Have fun figuring out what to do in that situation.

Let China deal with that shit. Keep their lapdog in check.

Mattis wouldn't bother with the maze... JDAM his way out.

I like Mattis in his position. Most of the rest of the cabinet I am either indifferent or "eh" on. Everyone always makes a big deal about cabinet appointees that almost never pans out.

Mattis is a dinosaur who is operating according to a paradigm that has shifted. Not a bad guy, just old, tired, and useless. It takes a fucked Trump admin to bring these people to the table.

Mattis is a dinosaur who is operating according to a paradigm that has shifted. Not a bad guy, just old, tired, and useless. It takes a fucked Trump admin to bring these people to the table.
I'm just going off what people I know who are in still or were in recently are saying and even the ones that are the oddities (as in very liberal service members) were super happy Mattis got picked as SecDef

I'm just going off what people I know who are in still or were in recently are saying and even the ones that are the oddities (as in very liberal service members) were super happy Mattis got picked as SecDef

I am cautiously optimistic. Hell I like a guy who has the balls to drop a fucking huge bomb on assholes in the ME.

I am very concerned he does not know FP enough. He could fuck things up badly.

Good convo with you today. This forum needs more of it.

Let China deal with that shit. Keep their lapdog in check.

They can't. Kim Jong Un executed everyone in his inner circle that was a Chinese ally. All influence the Chinese had on Pyongyang was shot and fed to the dogs. Smart move by Un to prevent the Chinese from being able to easily depose him, but he pissed them off in the process which is why China has been voting for every new sanction against NK at the UN.

Whatever we do against NK, if we do anything at all, the smart money is that it would be limited in nature and that we are in communication with China and that while they may publicly protest, in private they have given us their blessing. They're sick of that fat fuck's shit too. It's just that the optics of them doing anything about it would be pretty fucking bad for Beijing.

Back