Emotional songs

AngryWeasel

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Have you got some tracks that immediately put you on a high emotional state ?

My dad, who I was in wrong terms with, killed himself 6 years ago. For the 4-5 years after I had a ritual of emptying a good whisky bottle by myself on the day of his death and crying to 70's songs that he used to listen and think about him and everything - life, childhood, the world.

Stopped doing that without noticing, but yesterday I was with a gal fooling around and displaying my good taste in music and one track hit me hard, right in the guts.

Do you have some tracks similar (for you) ?

Glen Campbell wrote this song for his wife when he was diagnosed with Alzheimers and its the saddest song ever

iq-ripley.gif

I will not post videos, only the songs and the reasons....

Glory of Love, Peter Cetera - my mom loves this song and would dance with little me...I danced with her at my wedding to this.. I'm divorced be it's still me and moms jam

Who You'd Be Today, Kenny Chesney/Burning Love, Elvis/Taps..fucking Taps - First two were on loop at my best friend's viewing...taps was when they put him away...along with both of my grandfathers..fuck taps

Snuff, Corey Taylor acoustic - divorce song

Drunk Driving, Warren Zeiders version - was in.a dark place after my divorce and various other moments of weakness

Hold my Hand, Lady Gaga - I font give a fuck, this is me to my new lady, healing and soaring

Tell Me, by Johnny Jewel from Killing Eve. Very fitting for the season finale scene.

Many songs are associated with a time period or certain events that are unique to the individual, so they may not hit the same way to someone else.

With that said - Everytime you go Away by Paul Young has a very sad quality to it, like it can make you cry in a good mood.

Good Life by One Republic has a very cheerful vibe to it... I suppose the other end of the emotional state. Kinda associated with a hopeful time of my life too so could be deceptive.

Someday never comes is a great song. For an emotional song "Black" by Pearl Jam gets me.

Back