Songs that predicted the future (or at least saw the future coming)

triptych

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Yes, in time, you hear songs with lyrics that can be connected with subsequent shape of things to come; most of these songs slipped by me as being very appealing because of the arrangements, melody, harmony and so on, then you reach a point when you start noticing that they actually predicted future events to some extend and/or are relevant to some future condition of society.
One that always hits hard with me is I'd like to change the World by Ten Years After.... ring any bells ??! :):)

Grip Weed cover this magnificent psychedelic classic

Steppenwolf predicted the shape of things to come in the U.S. years before with Monster

NOFX predicted the decline of America and the sad state it's now in. Everything from drug addiction to the media making us into brainwashed zombies who are pawns in class warfare, it's all in there.

NOFX predicted the decline of America and the sad state it's now in. Everything from drug addiction to the media making us into brainwashed zombies who are pawns in class warfare, it's all in there.

Drug addiction goes back to WWI and later in the late 1950s , but yes, they predicted the complete downfall of American youth by drugs .....the rest is history.

I don't know about predicting the future, but some of these old tunes sure are fun to listen to in the present some times.

Back