Ego Lifting still a problem in commercial "big box" gyms

Sorry that website has no credibility. And outside of deformities, yes everybody can squat. Different people may have to squat differently.
lol at saying that Lyle McDonald has no credibility, you should educate yourself about him, he is one of the most legit persons in the fitness community

lol at saying that Lyle McDonald has no credibility, you should educate yourself about him, he is one of the most legit persons in the fitness community

Lol. And most of the mainstream fitness community peddles bullshit. Fame =/= knowledge.

^
XFiUX9L.jpg

Lol. And most of the mainstream fitness community peddles bullshit. Fame =/= knowledge.

Actually lyle is very legit. Among physiologists and sports scientists. Him and Alon Aragon kept the industry honest so that bro science ideology didn't completely corrupt the masses.

Sorry that website has no credibility. And outside of deformities, yes everybody can squat. Different people may have to squat differently.

There is some anatomical differences among populations who have the ball socket of their femur positioned off certain angles. The whole hip joint can be off degrees that make it hard for some to squat effectively without having some form of a buttwink.

Doesn't mean they can't squat, just means they cannot do it as effectively as others can.

There is some anatomical differences among populations who have the ball socket of their femur positioned off certain angles. The whole hip joint can be off degrees that make it hard for some to squat effectively without having some form of a buttwink.

Doesn't mean they can't squat, just means they cannot do it as effectively as others can.

Not denying that at all. But most of the population is able to squat one form or another. Even if not all of us are naturally good at it. But saying that you don't need too is lunacy. So many people form health problems because they don't squat. Even if you don't load on crazy weight, the movement itself does wonders for your body.

Not denying that at all. But most of the population is able to squat one form or another. Even if not all of us are naturally good at it. But saying that you don't need too is lunacy. So many people form health problems because they don't squat. Even if you don't load on crazy weight, the movement itself does wonders for your body.

That's not what i am saying, I'm also not reaffirming the position that squats should not be done at all. I am just clarifying that there are other ways to train the legs to maintain optimal health if squats prove a difficulty. That doesn't mean someone can't do squats without weights, that just boils down to mobility which can be rectified. If the squats can't be done it's not the end of the world there are other alternatives.

Squatting in the curl rack should be instant gym membership revocation.

Why do you care about other lifters ?

Are they not at least lifting in regards to everyone else not going to the gym at all.

Curling in the rack is a no no, however you can walk up and tell them they can squat elsewhere and not be bothered by their lifestyle and care about your own

Lmao

Can't tell you how many guys I seen in the military loading up the leg puss with every 45lb plate in the gym and yelling for 1 rep pressing 1,200lbs. They use to look at me like I was a vagina for only squatting 315 deep in the bucket.

When they finally try to squat and have round back knee cauterizing shit form with 225 I use to make sure to let them know I I saw them lol

Lmao

Can't tell you how many guys I seen in the military loading up the leg puss with every 45lb plate in the gym and yelling for 1 rep pressing 1,200lbs. They use to look at me like I was a vagina for only squatting 315 deep in the bucket.

When they finally try to squat and have round back knee cauterizing shit form with 225 I use to make sure to let them know I I saw them lol
It was annoying at my previous gym. There were limited plates where all the racks were, and this dipshit would take all the 45s to do 1" ROM leg press, dude even went all predator about it too. Leave your station for a second to fill up your bottle or grab some paper towels, or something, and this guy's there stripping plates off your bar

It was annoying at my previous gym. There were limited plates where all the racks were, and this dipshit would take all the 45s to do 1" ROM leg press, dude even went all predator about it too. Leave your station for a second to fill up your bottle or grab some paper towels, or something, and this guy's there stripping plates off your bar

I know everything has been fully covered in the iconic gym idiots series. But...it's just so real mang.

I've been in many different social environments from sports teams, to eclectic undergrad gatherings of many types and sorts, to military social ...stuff I guess.

And there's nothing as quite as unique as your typical la fitness type of commercial gym. where you can witness all sorts of unspoken human communication and physical hilarity masquerading as serious physical effort by the feint of will, and personal discipline lol.

From hotties walking around texting, to old ass ball hanging dudes coming into the sauna buck ass nude, to vast levels of lifting ability and experience in the free weight floor.

It's like a prison yard meets, nightclub, meets Starbucks, meets dorm common area, meets used car lot with all of the "personal trainers" trying to hook you. It's actually an insanely hilarious environment masquerading as something serious.

Oh well my shithouse psyche eval of commercial gyms over. I know that one day in the distant future... I too will be the old ass nude guy in the sauna spread eagle with my Walkman playing the best of the Eagles......en shallah

It's like a prison yard meets, nightclub, meets Starbucks, meets dorm common area, meets used car lot with all of the "personal trainers" trying to hook you. It's actually an insanely hilarious environment masquerading as something serious.

As funny as that sounds, its true.

Back