Effective striking, bro

Dominated? Silva practically knocked himself out in Weedman 1. In Weedman 2 he did.
Except he didn't.weidman was outstriking silva before silva got ktfo.
This is what happened when silva fought good technical striker.

Silva is a goof sometimes. He loses fights he shoulda won with clowning. Can't really respect that.
Some people believe that is how he lures them into his counter-striking traps, especially now that he is older and slower. It may be entirely possible that he relies quite a bit on the taunting, and mindgames and attempting to create certain reactions out of the opponent.

He used it during his title reign versus BJJ fighters like Maia and Leites. I believe it was a big part of his strategy versus Weidman too, even though it did not work that time, he was still looking for an opportune KO.

He also seems not to care about losing rounds. Anderson seems to have a confidence that he will finish anybody before 25 minutes is up. He always had great cardio, patience, and remained very calm no matter how many rounds he was down.

Some people believe that is how he lures them into his counter-striking traps, especially now that he is older and slower. It may be entirely possible that he relies quite a bit on the taunting, and mindgames and attempting to create certain reactions out of the opponent.

He used it during his title reign versus BJJ fighters like Maia and Leites. I believe it was a big part of his strategy versus Weidman too, even though it did not work that time, he was still looking for an opportune KO.

He also seems not to care about losing rounds. Anderson seems to have a confidence that he will finish anybody before 25 minutes is up. He always had great cardio, patience, and remained very calm no matter how many rounds he was down.

NO HE IS JUST COCKY! IF HE DIDN'T CLOWN AROUND HE WOULD HAVE KNOCKED WEIDMAN OUT!

-anderson silva fans

Indeed.

Generally there are very few cases where you can actually make a relevant conclusion regarding the correctness of a decision just based on looking at the superficial damage visible. GSP's post-Hendricks face is a good example of superficial damage that's completely irrelevant in terms of judging the actual fight, yet it's often posted as 'proof' that GSP, in fact, lost the fight, when all that truly mattered was the scoring of R1.

Then there are more acceptable cases where the level of post-fight superficial damage corresponds with the actual amount of punishment absorbed, like, say, Mousasi vs Jardine. In that particular case, Jardine's post-fight face told the actual story of the fight, and provided reasoning for why Jardine's time on top should've actually been scored for Mousasi, who was in complete control and dealing significant enough offense off of his back to cause this:

Keith-Jardine-face.jpg
It's complicated because it CAN matter, but it is so easily interpreted as whatever one wants it to mean. Damage matters but not everyone's faces take damage the same, so it is not as simple hit them clean enough to get results. In fact glancing blows can cause worse cuts than direct impact.

Yes.

Kung Fu bb is NOT wrong in that Anderson did WAY more damage and had the more effective striking. He just didn't do enough to win in the end, based on activity. MMA is funny in that way sometimes. heh

In a fight you win by doing the most damage. Rounds are scored 10-8 because of just that. When fighter A damages fighter B more he should win regardless of activity and especially if fighter A didn't really take any damage

Big Anderson fan here but that fight is his own fault, he had time to throw a few more strikes before the bell after that knee destroyed Bisping.

As bad as that was all he had to do was fake throw some strikes and he's getting pulled off and awarded a stoppage, can only be mad at himself for not fully finishing

NO HE IS JUST COCKY! IF HE DIDN'T CLOWN AROUND HE WOULD HAVE KNOCKED WEIDMAN OUT!

-anderson silva fans

He realized really quick that The Chris had heavy hands, was dangerous in the clinch, could take him down at will and he had no chance of submitting him because Weidman is such a good wrestler with great sub defense.

He is a tough match up for Silva because winning in the clinch or on the ground are out of the question. He only had one chance and that had to be a quick pot shot on the feet. He was trying to set it up and I still believe he could have KO'ed Weidman but it just didn't work out. Can't win them all.

Plus, I think he also was just trying to make his later title defenses entertaining and dramatic. He was just trying to give us another magical moment. Silva loved to put on a show and the man loved to dance.

Anderson%20Silva%20dança%20Michael%20Jackson.jpg

silva%20dance3.gif

silva%20dance2.gif

16hj3mq.jpg

It was all fun and games until he exploded on somebody with pinpoint precision

10000253.gif

tumblr_ojciexHRGn1qd4esao1_500.gif

silva lost but it was a close fight.

it's funny how silva fans keep trying to find a way to spin things. hell even the weidman fight where he got completely dominated, his fans would still come up with excuses for the guy. i mean come on man

The Weidman fights had weird outcomes, it's not like he had no chance of winning. You wanna rewatch the first Chael fight and tell me Silva didn't have a chance??

He got caught screwing around, so be it. The rematch was freak accident so it leaves an odd feeling around their fight. Doesn't matter now anyway

I hate when fighters lose round because they are looking for that big shot.

I scored it to Bisping, but it was close.

Rd.1 Bisping
Rd.2 Bisping
Rd.3 Anderson
Rd.4 Close round, on rewatching have to give it to Bisping.
Rd.5 Anderson

He realized really quick that The Chris had heavy hands, was dangerous in the clinch, could take him down at will and he had no chance of submitting him because Weidman is such a good wrestler with great sub defense.

He is a tough match up for Silva because winning in the clinch or on the ground are out of the question. He only had one chance and that had to be a quick pot shot on the feet. He was trying to set it up and I still believe he could have KO'ed Weidman but it just didn't work out. Can't win them all.

Plus, I think he also was just trying to make his title defemses entertaining and dramatic. He was just trying to give us another magical moment. Silva loved to put on a show and the man loved to dance.

Anderson%20Silva%20dança%20Michael%20Jackson.jpg

silva%20dance3.gif

silva%20dance2.gif

16hj3mq.jpg

It was all fun and games until he exploded on somebody with pinpoint precision

10000253.gif
I have no issues with Silva making the fight entertaining. It's just his fans that try to discredit the fighters who beats him that i find silly. Weidman had a good game plan, you can watch it on youtube where some guy did an analysis on how well Weidman would reset thus not giving Anderson a lot of room to throw strikes. Also explains how he setup that match winning strike that knocked out AS. In the 2nd fight, he almost knocked out AS before AS proceed to break his shin. I hate bisping and i would love to see him get knocked out again, but he scrapped, dug deep and won the decision. i give him credit for that, unlike these AS fanboys who try to make up excuses for him

The Weidman fights had weird outcomes, it's not like he had no chance of winning. You wanna rewatch the first Chael fight and tell me Silva didn't have a chance??

He got caught screwing around, so be it. The rematch was freak accident so it leaves an odd feeling around their fight. Doesn't matter now anyway

Chael and Weidman are different fighters. Weidman was tearing the division that's why he earned the title shot.

The 2nd fight was a freak accident, but Silva was getting destroyed in the first round before he proceed on breaking his leg.

Just to sum it up, two fights where Weidman dominated him. Just give the guy his props and stop making excuses for AS

I agree with both of you.

Anderson did more damage.

Bisping outworked him with volume and activity.

It was a close fight
It's hard for me to say this, but Bisping won that fight. I never thought in my life I would have to say Michael Bisping beat Anderson Silva<{hfved}>

Anderson should have gotten the KO victory. Bisping was fucking out cold

It's hard for me to say this, but Bisping won that fight. I never thought in my life I would have to say Michael Bisping beat Anderson Silva<{hfved}>
I pretty much knew the judges would give it to him as soon as the fifth round ended.

It was a good classic fight but still left a little something to be desired.

I pretty much knew the judges would give it to him as soon as the fifth round ended.

It was a good classic fight but still left a little something to be desired.
Well, Anderson basically ko'ed Bisping. So, I got half of what I wanted to see lol.

Anderson should have gotten the KO victory. Bisping was fucking out cold
Not really, he caught his fall. He looked out for second, but I don't think he ever entirely was.

huge silva fan here, probably the first guy i really nuthugged.

if you couldn't see that bisping was gonna get the decision i dunno what to tell you, i was rooting for silva but i knew he wouldn't get that decision.

he didn't really do much outside of the knee and front kick, too much back against the cage " filipino boxing " bullshit.

and pictures of bispings face don't mean anything, theres a bunch of pictures of GSP's busted up face from fights he dominated.

Fight should have been done after the flying knee.

Not sure why Bisping was allowed to continue after he was clearly out. Bad reffing

Back