Edson Barboza Was Offered a Fight w/ Khabib Nurmagomedov @ UFC 219

When has tony ever been nearly finished? And when has his gas tank not looked stellar?

Edit:and who has ragdolled him besides lee? Have you watched tony fight?

Tony gets his head folded back nearly every fight, was dropped multiple times by Lando, was getting soundly out struck before he poked RDA and before he upkicked Barboza, Castillo controlled him on the ground and took him down at will while cracking him with OHRs before shooting albeit he wasn't very active on the ground, got cracked repeatedly by Lee who everyone on here trashes for his striking and took Ferg down went to full mount and was landing here and there Tony's ground defense is pretty damn good.

Lee's gas tank isn't stellar is what I was saying, I never said anything about Fergs gas tank. Fergs gas tank and chin is what wins most of his fights.

Have you ever watched Tony fight? He isn't known as dominant he is known as entertaining and 9 times out of 10 entertaining means getting beat up as well as doing the beating. He doesn't consistently get fight of the night because he doesn't get beat up.

This is more along the lines of what I heard. Dude, you gotta listen to for the logic puzzle alone.

There no question Khabib wants Ferguson bad at UFC 219, as he *knows* he can beat him. And he knows that he is not getting Conor at UFC 219. But the only way he would agree to Barboza is if Conor was fighting Tony on the same card. And in Khabib's mind, the only way Conor would not be fighting Tony is if Conor was fighting Nate Diaz at UFC 219. So Khabib would be fighting Tony at UFC 219.

The dude is a fucking thinker, I'll give him that. But when heard all this, I was like Khabib, you must chill man! And please stop talking about McGregor-Diaz 3.
No, he said if the UFC made McGregor vs. Ferguson, he'd take a fight with Barboza. By "if" he meant (and has said so) he believes he still deserves the shot at Conor over anyone else.

Having both a LW champ and an Interim LW champ is the epitome of fucking stupid if they're both fighting different opponents. If they don't make Conor versus Ferguson and unify the titles the UFC will have become a complete fucking joke.

Khabib's trying the Woodley method to earn a title shot, but Khabib has zero leverage at this point. STFU and fight who you're told to or retire. It's not like it's going to be much different.
"Now I have one goal: Fight (at the) end of the year. One dream fight: This is fight versus Tony Ferguson. This is what I want."

These were his exact words.

That is not what he said at all. He never mentioned wanting to fight Conor. He has only stated a desire to fight Edson and Tony. He said he wants a fight at the end of the year and the options he's gunning for are those two. He said he will fight at the end of the year.

Sure. Because everyone wants to fight the interim champ, not the real champ in a real money fight/red panty night. Makes total sense.

"Now I have one goal: Fight (at the) end of the year. One dream fight: This is fight versus Tony Ferguson. This is what I want."

These were his exact words.

No, I totally agree (hope) that he would accept the fight with Barboza if declining meant not fighting at all before the end of the year. But when he started hypothesizing about not getting to fight Conor because Conor could lose to Nate, I was like, whoa, this dude is going to freak if he ends up fighting Barboza at UFC 219 and Tony and McG don't fight for another few months.

Sure. Because everyone wants to fight the interim champ, not the real champ in a real money fight/red panty night. Makes total sense.
Tony has been the only fight he has wanted for years! He makes plenty of money already from his gym and ties to the Russian government. Money is not his concern. He wants the belt and he wants to fight.

Not everyone is money hungry

No, I totally agree (hope) that he would accept the fight with Barboza if declining meant not fighting at all before the end of the year. But when he started hypothesizing about not getting to fight Conor because Conor could lose to Nate, I was like, whoa, this dude is going to freak if he ends up fighting Barboza at UFC 219 and Tony and McG don't fight for another few months.
He was saying that he would take it if it were offered but it isn't what he wanted. That's my understanding of it at least. He spends the whole time taking about wanting that fight with Tony but Tony deserving a fight with Conor. He'll end up fighting Edson.

There we go, now shit is starting to make a little more sense...

Tony gets his head folded back nearly every fight, was dropped multiple times by Lando, was getting soundly out struck before he poked RDA and before he upkicked Barboza, Castillo controlled him on the ground and took him down at will while cracking him with OHRs before shooting albeit he wasn't very active on the ground, got cracked repeatedly by Lee who everyone on here trashes for his striking and took Ferg down went to full mount and was landing here and there Tony's ground defense is pretty damn good.

Lee's gas tank isn't stellar is what I was saying, I never said anything about Fergs gas tank. Fergs gas tank and chin is what wins most of his fights.

Have you ever watched Tony fight? He isn't known as dominant he is known as entertaining and 9 times out of 10 entertaining means getting beat up as well as doing the beating. He doesn't consistently get fight of the night because he doesn't get beat up.
Outside of lando none of those guys came close to finishing ferg. Getting punched is not getting nearly finished.

Lee had staph. You can't accurately judge his gas tank off a performance with a staph infection.

I also never said tony was dominant, I asked when he has been nearly finished.

YOU stated ferguson is nearly finished in almost every fight and your explanation is he's lost a rounds and been punched in the face before. That does not equate to being nearly finished.

i´m only interested in khabib fighting for the title

barbosa not on his level

neither connor

neither tony

IF it happens. And i mean a big IF it happens..Khabib smashes him tbh.

Do it.
Hoping for spinning shit, as always.

Outside of lando none of those guys came close to finishing ferg. Getting punched is not getting nearly finished.

Lee had staph. You can't accurately judge his gas tank off a performance with a staph infection.

YOU stated ferguson is nearly finished in almost every fight and your explanation is he's lost a rounds and been punched in the face before. That does not equate to being nearly finished.

You are definitely right, I exaggerated it significantly.

Tony gets outclassed in almost every fight in recent years until his opponent gasses out, Ferg fouls them hard, or he wins a very close decision. Barring a couple fights like Thomson, Kikuno, etc.

Why would anyone accept a fight with Hobblebib? There is an 90% chance he will pull out due to injury.

Like this match-up. But don't see anything different then a Khabib decision.

You are definitely right, I exaggerated it significantly.

Tony gets outclassed in almost every fight in recent years until his opponent gasses out, Ferg fouls them hard, or he wins a very close decision. Barring a couple fights like Thomson, Kikuno, etc.
Fair enough

I still think "outclassed " is a bit strong but I agree he typically falls behind early and comes back late. That said he is on a 10 fight win streak at lightweight which is stacked with talent.

Fair enough

I still think "outclassed " is a bit strong but I agree he typically falls behind early and comes back late. That said he is on a 10 fight win streak at lightweight which is stacked with talent.

Yeah maybe so.

He is extremely entertaining but its almost bothersome to see him doing so well with such a lack of crisp traditional techniques while guys with crisp techniwue are getting beat down by him.

Its a head scratcher in my opinion.

Hell yes!!!

Ferg vs Conor
Khabib vs Barboza

Faith in humanity = RESTORED.

Ppl keep saying Tony nearly finished or ko'd. He's been hurt yes. Lando your right was the closest. But who gives a fuck about almost. Almost applies to horseshoes, handgrenades and girlfriends.
Also when Lee got in mount and flurried on Tony, Tony literally deflected and defended every single punch Lee threw. Fantastic defense from Tony. Do ppl even watch Tony or just repeat what others keep spewing?

Back