Edson Barboza Was Offered a Fight w/ Khabib Nurmagomedov @ UFC 219

Barboza lands a flying knee while Khabib attempts a TD

what game plan would you advise Edson to implement to win over Khabib?

I mean Edson has some superior abilties and skills to work with here, striking, foot work and speed, it is not a total mismatch even if the odds would maybe make it look like it, like
Low kicks, outboxing, and distance management. Be patient, stay the fuck away from the cage, and play the long con. Trying to end the fight early will only lead to trouble imo.

Khabib will pressure forward and go from the TD/clinch. Edson needs to make that hard for him. Make him more reckless. Won't be easy but patience is how you open Khabib up.

This is going to be a very good fight. Barbosa will make it interesting, he's got the best tdd at LW. He's been taken down 6 times in 17 UFC fights, something like 50 take down attempts on him. Khabib will the best wrestler and grappler he's faced but with his tdd, reach and distance he will give Khabib problems in getting the tadedown. Issue with Barbosa is he's going to be backing up a lot in this fight and he will have problems getting his offense off.

Respect for Khabib for fighting the most difficult guy available instead of waiting for a title shot. We are blessed to be able to witness his talent

Hahahaha Barboza the most difficult guy? Are you retarded? You really think outside of CM and TF that Edson is the best? Of course he isn't. Khabib has always ducked top level competition, he ducked Cowboy for years, and he isn't even top level. He ducked TF, he only fights once or twice a year, Christ, 2 fights ago he fought Darrell fucking Horcher!!!!!! Khabib is boring as hell and hugely over rated.

Hahahaha Barboza the most difficult guy? Are you retarded? You really think outside of CM and TF that Edson is the best? Of course he isn't. Khabib has always ducked top level competition, he ducked Cowboy for years, and he isn't even top level. He ducked TF, he only fights once or twice a year, Christ, 2 fights ago he fought Darrell fucking Horcher!!!!!! Khabib is boring as hell and hugely over rated.
<{vega}>
Are you aware that Khabib wanted to fight Ferguson and would only take the Barboza fight if Tony were to fight Conor? Your post is filled with ignorance and hatred, frankly your bias against Russians is crystal clear. Khabib is at least the #2 fighter in the division, #1 if he beats Tony

Respect for Khabib for fighting the most difficult guy available instead of waiting for a title shot. We are blessed to be able to witness his talent
Conor won't fight him if he doesn't prove he can make weight. He's doing what he has to do.

<{vega}>
Are you aware that Khabib wanted to fight Ferguson and would only take the Barboza fight if Tony were to fight Conor? Your post is filled with ignorance and hatred, frankly your bias against Russians is crystal clear. Khabib is at least the #2 fighter in the division, #1 if he beats Tony

If Conor wants to fight Justin Goethe next when he destroys Alvarez, on December 2, khabib may end up be waiting a loooong time for his next fight. Tony has the interim belt, he is already a champion and can wait for the winner of whoever Conor chooses to face next.

Anyway Conor slices it, he's fucked...Proper fucked.

I hope it happens and I hope Barboza knocks Khabib's leg off.

Even though I seriously doubt Khabib makes it into the octagon on point and healthy, and I know I am probably in the minority here... but I like Barboza's chances in this fight. I think his speed and his reach advantage will present problems for Khabib.

Khabib has excellent top control, but he relies more on trips, throws and clinch work to get the the fight to the ground. He doesn't really close the distance quickly leading into a power single or double leg. If Barboza can circle effectively (instead of backing straight up) and keep changing up his escape routes, he can get Khabib chasing him for the takedown and counter it.

Edson is hurt so Khabib by face fucking for 3 rounds 30-27

Well, with JG and Tony getting nearly finished every fight, Tony getting ragdolled almost every fight, and Kevin Lee exposing his not so stellar gas tank and limited overall game, I don't know what you're basing this off of?

Other than Khabibs layoff taking a toll on his performance this time which we have no certainty of considering he has come back from his previous lay off better than ever.
When has tony ever been nearly finished? And when has his gas tank not looked stellar?

Edit:and who has ragdolled him besides lee? Have you watched tony fight?

How did he duck tony considering he only fought horcher when tony pulled out?

He also signed to fight cowboy and pulled out when he had a knee injury. Bring injured is not ducking

And fought rda when he was on a five fight win streak and fresh off beating cowboy himself.

Good fight. I can't remember Barboza being taken down ever.

what game plan would you advise Edson to implement to win over Khabib?

I mean Edson has some superior abilties and skills to work with here, striking, foot work and speed, it is not a total mismatch even if the odds would maybe make it look like it, like
I think a boxing centered offensive with a lot of movement is the only way to go against khabib other than straight up out wrestling him which of course Edson can't do. Edson has the footwork and the boxing to be able to pull it off but he can't sit still for even a second because unlike tony if Edson gets dragged to the ground I don't think he will survive.

Back