EDMOND TARGARYAN APPRECIATION THREAD

Ronda doesn't know how to throw a proper jab, that's why her head bounces off her arm like a basketball.
And to think he has to train a HW in Browne and let the guy go in against killers with such poor striking training. How he got away with that while Ronda was on top is actually scary.

I've touched on that head tweak thing Ronda does before. It seems Edmond learned bits and pieces of boxing info but not enough to actually train someone correctly. Like with that head tweak Ronda does. When you are learning jabs a legit coach well tell you "shoulder-to-ear" when you jab, meaning you are supposed to keep your shoulder up high as the jab extends and touch it to your ear, this keeps your chin safe from a counter right hand over the top of an orthodox jab. But Edmond doesn't know the difference between bringing your "shoulder-to-ear" and bringing your "ear-to-shoulder" which is what Ronda does. That ear-to-shoulder thing weakens the strength of the jab and opens yourself to a devastating counter hook from your opponent. It also means you are looking away from the target as the jab extends.

IMO it seems like Edmond took a few weeks of boxing classes and decided, "fuck this I know enough to become a trainer now." He learned just enough to con people who never learned how to box properly.

I've touched on that head tweak thing Ronda does before. It seems Edmond learned bits and pieces of boxing info but not enough to actually train someone correctly. Like with that head tweak Ronda does. When you are learning jabs a legit coach well tell you "shoulder-to-ear" when you jab, meaning you are supposed to keep your shoulder up high as the jab extends and touch it to your ear, this keeps your chin safe from a counter right hand over the top of an orthodox jab. But Edmond doesn't know the difference between bringing your "shoulder-to-ear" and bringing your "ear-to-shoulder" which is what Ronda does. That ear-to-shoulder thing weakens the strength of the jab and opens yourself to a devastating counter hook from your opponent. It also means you are looking away from the target as the jab extends.

IMO it seems like Edmond took a few weeks of boxing classes and decided, "fuck this I know enough to become a trainer now." He learned just enough to con people who never learned how to box properly.

Just to be fair, his 27-3 muay thai record actually seems to be legit.. also in his own fights i see him use proper technique without a doubt (have fought muay thai for about 8 years so know enough to see that).. but for some reason he seems to treat Ronda different, Maybe tries to be more of a mental coach than a boxing coach. Either way it doesn't work.. Ronda's ONLY flaw is her striking, and there are better coaches for her period imo.

I watch this video everytime i wanna laugh

In all fairness.. Ronda looks ok in this video.. especially since her speciality is grappling. I think the gameplan was just off against Holly.

But that discussion is done i guess.

I watch this video everytime i wanna laugh

i want to laugh but cry. such as waste. putting a top athlete - someone who could have remained on top - to throw it all away on a snake oil salesman who doesnt realize he's a snake oil salesman

In all fairness.. Ronda looks ok in this video.. especially since her speciality is grappling. I think the gameplan was just off against Holly.

But that discussion is done i guess.

he's in fucking jeans

he's in fucking jeans

Yeah so? I had Ramon Dekker come to train us in jeans. True story. I dislike Edmond just like the next guy (hence this thread), but Ronda was looking ok in that vid. Again, she is a grappler and should've used that against Holly. The mistake Edmond made imo was making her believe she was a better striker.. also the previous Bethe KO made her believe that.. but she wasn't. I still believe Ronda can be a dominant champ.. just not as a striker vs elite strikers.

Laughed at title but my smile faded with every paragraph til by the end I was srs

I appreciate the effort. Will read your next installment

Tough crowd.. reactions started with people who said i went overboard.. fair enough.. then a lot of people said is was good stuff to even perfect stuff.. then you came in.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edmond sure breaks the wheels from the fighters he coaches.

"Berjouhiarghamamyan"
This would be tough to put on a baseball jersey
images-112.jpeg

Edmond Tarverdyan oozes manliness.

He has the charm of a sociopathic gangster.

Edmund: the second worst tragedy to befall on Armenians since the genocide of 1915.

Back