Edgar will end another prospects hype

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The UFC always tries to get their prospects over on Frankie's name but it's not gonna work again.

Those submissions aren't working on the highest level. Especially against a veteran like Frankie. This is going to be the same as the Yari fight. T-city gets his ass kicked every fight then finishes the guy...not happening against never been finished Edgar.

UD Edgar all day.

You're probably right.

But there is always that chance that this is the guy, this is the match up that the elite fighter finally loses to a young prospect similar to Faber vs Rivera.

Hope so. I like T-city but Frankie's a long time favourite and I want to see him get at least one more title. Ortega has a lot of time left for that, Edgar's biological clock is ticking.

You're probably right.

But there is always that chance that this is the guy, this is the match up that the elite fighter finally loses to a young prospect similar to Faber vs Rivera.
faber wasnt on the level frankie was, ever. i get the comparison but frankie is one of the top 10 best fighters across all divisions, faber really didnt do much once aldo dominated him

Frankie likely has too much experience for him.

Unless Ortega pulls off some insane sub, I think Frankie gets a UD.

I hope so , so hopefully we can get Max v Frankie in the not to distant future as Ortega has time to make another run at the title .

faber wasnt on the level frankie was, ever. i get the comparison but frankie is one of the top 10 best fighters across all divisions, faber really didnt do much once aldo dominated him

it's more of just a bad match up for Ortega

The guys that beat Edgar are really big wrestlers or have elite TD defence like Aldo

That's not Ortega..he's big and long, but not a wrestler.

Frankie is what? 36/37? dude is old... he better get a titleshot before father time shuts him down for good... I got Holloway beating his ass anyway but the man better get a titleshot before its too late.

i agree tho, ortega isnt gonna get the come from behind finishes every fight. those kind of things stop happening once ur in their with elite guys. same thing in regards to getting quick KO's like volkan was getting. once he got in their with DC it wasnt as easy as just knocking him out in the first round. you gotta have more skills to compete and cant rely on 1 thing

his striking is still green and aside from a submission from a scramble i dont see how he wins this - he cant outstrike frankie and cant get him down, it will probably look like the yair fight except ortega is much more versed on the ground than yair so it'll be that more impressive. frankie bout to beat him up in the guard bad

it's more of just a bad match up for Ortega

The guys that beat Edgar are really big wrestlers or have elite TD defence like Aldo

That's not Ortega..he's big and long, but not a wrestler.
yeah for sure...hes not better then frankie anywhere except for pulling out crazy submissions...frankie is too seasoned for that shit. those kinda finishes dont happen when u fight elite guys. ortega needs to add more skills

I don't consider Ortega a prospect at this point. He's a legit contender as far as I'm concerned.

i agree tho, ortega isnt gonna get the come from behind finishes every fight. those kind of things stop happening once ur in their with elite guys. same thing in regards to getting quick KO's like volkan was getting. once he got in their with DC it wasnt as easy as just knocking him out in the first round. you gotta have more skills to compete and cant rely on 1 thing

his striking is still green and aside from a submission from a scramble i dont see how he wins this - he cant outstrike frankie and cant get him down, it will probably look like the yair fight except ortega is much more versed on the ground than yair so it'll be that more impressive. frankie bout to beat him up in the guard bad

Probably look like the Charles oliveira fight

I this ends up looking a lot like Yair. Frankie steamrolled every FW not named Jose Aldo or Max Holloway and I'm not entirely sure he loses to Holloway either..

A young "prospect" should always relish facing a legend. That's what combat sports is all about.

Has Ortega won a round in the UFC?

ortega is gonna do better than yair, charles oliviera, mendes, etc. hot DAMN this is gonna be a good fight, especially at short notice

I hope whoever wins comes out unscathed ready to fight Max a little over 3 months later in Chicago. Edgar by close decision would be preferable, just because it proves Ortega as a top 5 FW who will only get better so his stock won't drop and he can earn a shot in 1 or 2 wins. Frankie is getting old plus him & Max have done 2 separate 6 week camps for one another so a June 9th turnaround in Chicago would be more likely.

Ortega is not a hype train he has proved himself, where in the hell did he get associated with a hype train?

wait and see what happens instead of just calling someone hype because you really dont know, noone does.. but we gona find out!

Back