Eddie Cummins and dds break out details revealed

When Garry Tonon sounds like the adult in the room, you know you have issues. And man I can't stand Gordon. What an insufferable and immature twat.

I rarely say stuff like this, but seems like Gordon has let all the juice go to his head. Sounds like an arrogant angry tren head.

I rarely say stuff like this, but seems like Gordon has let all the juice go to his head. Sounds like an arrogant angry tren head.

It was funny when he suggested some random no name dude from their gym would win the ADCC

Maybe I am getting old, but I am just not that interested in following all the DDS stuff.

I am glad that they helped advance the leg lock game quite a bit. That part is really cool. The rest not so much.

Ain't no drama like BJJ drama 'cause BJJ drama don't stop.

Though I actually didn't think Gordon came off that badly. He's definitely over the top in the way most guys in their early 20s can be over the top, but he obviously was right about some of what he was saying based on how Calestine reacted.

I'm embarrassed I watched all that.

I saw that last week. Nothing like a bit of BJJ drama.

So the new official story is the DDS are sharing all their techniques and still winning? None of this stuff came out until after ADCC, Marcelo put all his stuff out for years and then won ADCC and the Mundials and Gordon wants to act like he should be given super props for "sharing" his shit. Garry wasn't even top 5 in his weight, they chased Eddie and Calestine out, wake me up when they learn how to stop Felipe Pena's "back attack system."

Sounds like a cult and Gordon is knee deep in the koolaid wow

Eddie Cummings training at unity?
Do those guys even train with heel hooks?
Pretty sure their a IBJJF focused team.
Be interesting to see how eddies top game looks under Murilo tho

The Miyaos do sometimes go for heel hooks.
In recent footage from the internets the Miayos mostly wrestle tho.
Eddie has good heel hooks already it might be good for him to combine it with better in other areas jiu jitsu at Unity.

Last edited:
In 5 or 10 years when Gordan Ryan figures out that teams are transient, and most of his "family" have moved to other gyms, I can see him becoming very bitter.

This is going to sound condescending, but don't be confused his level is so far above me we're barely playing the same game.
I have been around fight gyms for over 10 years though, and he has only just been training long enough to start to see the turn over of people that happen in gyms. Usually there's a core of people that stay, but every few years, newer guys join and get the patches and the banners and the social media posts and they are the new hot young thing that live for their team. 5 years later there at a different gym covered in the new logo, taking about how this is the best training ever, their game has evolved, blah, blah. No mention of the old "family".

Last edited:
They absolutely train with heel hooks in no gi. Lots of them. Not as many as at Renzo's but there's a good amount of guys at Unity on the sub only circuit as well

unitys about to get huge they also let people train 3 days a week free int here competition class that alone will make good guys come in to train

Unity agreed to hide "secret techniques" from outsiders? I thought they were known for not being political and having an open training enviroment.

I'm surprised Calastine even admittited that this is why he/they left, and Unity seems like a very strange choice, the 1st thing you see on their website is "Everyone is Welcome."

Back