EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Yea that’s type of pressure is pretty tame. I can deal with that. That Whittaker is throwing a lot but at least he backs up and reset. I’m talking about the guys just marching forward with 1,2 nonstop until your back in against the cage. Then the four or five hook combos come out so you can really do any advance lunges to circle away. You just pray your block holds up

Yeah i am trying to get a video of one of the real high pressure guys. I just am not running into them the last few days. I am fighting the same people a lot, I think the xbox community is pretty small right now. The problem with all these patches is that people dont want to relearn a game every two weeks. They want a game that is fun on release, they really blew it with this game launching in a state that killed half the user base the first two weeks

doing OK after the patch now, about the same as before the patch, just a bit over .500. Some nights I win 8 out of 10 and the next I play like i've never played before and lose multiple in a row.

I'm OK at dealing with the pressure now, unless they're Cormier. I unchecked LHW because I was finding that people who want to just get in your face and wing punches without getting tired can just pick him and do that and it's HARD to make them pay or wait on their stamina to go down.

I’m thinking about doing the same as far as checking off divisions . Especially at HW. I’m running into psycho JDS users non stop

I got banned from OP forums lol

I think that was a mistake though, they said "You have been banned for the following reason: Previously banned user. Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

But it was the first time I joined that forum WTF???

Played one of the bastards right after that post. Put him down in the first, i guess they have not figured out this patch yet. I never talk about them on the OP forum, don't want to become a target.

i've only played the beta, but this game looks worse than EA UFC2.
from the videos you've posted and others i've watched, there doesn't seem to be any variety.
90% of it looks like the same punches being thrown over and over at the head. almost no body shots, kicks or knees.

i still play the second game occasionally but watching the gameplay for the third really does not make me want to pick it up until it's like 15$ =/

i've only played the beta, but this game looks worse than EA UFC2.
from the videos you've posted and others i've watched, there doesn't seem to be any variety.
90% of it looks like the same punches being thrown over and over at the head. almost no body shots, kicks or knees.

i still play the second game occasionally but watching the gameplay for the third really does not make me want to pick it up until it's like 15$ =/

It is much better than the last two but still leaves a lot to be desired. That match was a really bad example of the general gameplay, that was against a known glitcher/spammer who basically just throws the same glitchy uppercut combos over and over. Unfortunately that left me with pretty limited options on my tactics as well. They have nerfed kicks pretty bad this year, they made it so you can auto catch body kicks and auto check leg kicks just by holding block so you have to be choose wisely when using them. I don't blame anyone for not buying the game this year but I do feel like it is much improved over last years game.

I got banned from OP forums lol

I think that was a mistake though, they said "You have been banned for the following reason: Previously banned user. Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

But it was the first time I joined that forum WTF???

lol are you on a public IP? Like a college or something where someone else may have gotten it IP banned?

lol are you on a public IP? Like a college or something where someone else may have gotten it IP banned?

No I was at work when I tried to log in and found out I got banned, first time in my life and i didn't do anything lol

No I was at work when I tried to log in and found out I got banned, first time in my life and i didn't do anything lol

Maybe someone at your work is an EA troll and got the IP ban.

Why I’m I still getting rocked with power shots during the middle of my combos? Dudes are just randomly slipping uppercuts right in the pocket and dropping me. It doesn’t make any sense

Why I’m I still getting rocked with power shots during the middle of my combos? Dudes are just randomly slipping uppercuts right in the pocket and dropping me. It doesn’t make any sense

They removed a lot of the strike intercept mechanics. It was aimed at making you be able to finish a combo when you whiff a sway. But it seems to have made it so you can slip in power shots at random.

New tuner, I don't think this one touched anything I care much about. Shouldn't change the online fights much.

Gameplay Changes
  • slight reduction to the evasive retreat stamina tax
  • slight buff to 5,4,3 and 1 stage submissions
  • damage increase to spinning side kicks
  • damage bleed through on block reduced for body kicks
  • minor frame tuning for various kicks

The grappling in this game is so bad and I don’t mean they actual mechanics. I’m talking about how little it counts in scoring.

The grappling in this game is so bad and I don’t mean they actual mechanics. I’m talking about how little it counts in scoring.

Everything about it sucks. It is just a way for people to kill time when they can't hang in the standup. The garbage takedowns also make it more annoying because you just get clinch spammed by people who want it on the ground.

I have no problem with ground fighting in past games but the inability to finish or do any damage on the ground just makes it a stall tactic. I am good enough to very rarely get finished on the ground but it is so easy to hold someone down I can get stuck on bottom for half a round against people who are not even good there

Everything about it sucks. It is just a way for people to kill time when they can't hang in the standup. The garbage takedowns also make it more annoying because you just get clinch spammed by people who want it on the ground.

I have no problem with ground fighting in past games but the inability to finish or do any damage on the ground just makes it a stall tactic. I am good enough to very rarely get finished on the ground but it is so easy to hold someone down I can get stuck on bottom for half a round against people who are not even good there

I must say I am pretty blown away by the amount of people who still don't know that to survive mount you just need to turn your back. I get quite a few finishes by just mounting and using GnP... and I rarely initiate the grappling but when I do its crazy how many guys still can't survive that position. I don't think ive been finished from mount in months.

It is absolutely absurd how hard it is to do anything in back mount lol. They way your stamina drains when posturing up seems like a glitch. The slow, weak strikes, the extreme difficulty of submissions..... its trash. You can literally do way more damage from half guard than back mount flattened lol

Slightly off topic but I wrote to Yukes asking whether a Bellator game is planned, they replied they can't disclose such information but I think that could turn out amazing.

No it’s not for people who can’t stand. Not every fighter has lighting fast hands like Connor or Cody. So if I’m say Darren Elkins, a know control grappler, and I maintain over 6 damn minutes of top control in a fifteen minute fight, the other person should not win just because he got one health even or something like that. It’s akin to saying Daley won against Fitch due to that late flurry he had in the first. It’s disgusting how this game disregards grappling and the devs listen to all the whiners who don’t bother to even learn the ground even for defensive purposes. Buff the fucking TDs. If guys are going to be going nuts throwing 6 hooks in a row and I’m not even in range, my times shot should not be stuffed, especially with a good wrestler

I must say I am pretty blown away by the amount of people who still don't know that to survive mount you just need to turn your back. I get quite a few finishes by just mounting and using GnP... and I rarely initiate the grappling but when I do its crazy how many guys still can't survive that position. I don't think ive been finished from mount in months.

It is absolutely absurd how hard it is to do anything in back mount lol. They way your stamina drains when posturing up seems like a glitch. The slow, weak strikes, the extreme difficulty of submissions..... its trash. You can literally do way more damage from half guard than back mount flattened lol

lol you can move to half guard from mount easily if you aren’t a complete idiot with your stamina. Agree outside the back sitting position, all back control positions are worthless. Complete garbage. You may be able to snatch a choke but any strikes is completely meaningless

lol you can move to half guard from mount easily if you aren’t a complete idiot with your stamina. Agree outside the back sitting position, all back control positions are worthless. Complete garbage. You may be able to snatch a choke but any strikes is completely meaningless

Chokes, like any subs, are pretty much useless unless you have an elite grappler AND sub switch lol. You can have Maia against Mike Perry, you aren't going to submit your opponent unless you hit a sub switch. Its garbage.

There are a lot of problems. You really can't drain your opponents stamina on the ground unless they spam transitions, which only complete noobs do. So where are the sub opportunities? How do you create them? It feels impossible unless you face completely clueless grapplers. Your only hope is to get to mount and hope your opponent doesn't know the easy escape.

Brutally KO'd MMAGAME1 last night... he used Till and threw the same combo over and over again, timed the overhand right/left hook combo as he came in. I think Im undefeated vs the well known Youtubers lol I guess I should play more of those guys because i've gotten my ass kicked by everyone else last couple days.

Back