EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Why do they literally keep changing the gameplay every few weeks? It's making this fucking game impossible to casually pick up after not playing it for a couple of weeks.

Dunno why they're fucking with making grappling more easy when it's literally impossible to defend the clinch when you're against the cage.

Either way just came to announce I slithered my way into the top 10 briefly today, made it big time boys. Beat some good guys won 7 in a row after the leader board reset and finally ran into my match, had a back and forth fight I was Gastelum he was Bisping. Without a doubt Gastelum has the best hands of any character I've used WW and above, Belfort not close behind either, little slower but alot more powerful and so easy to knock guys down when you rock them and they're blocking.

Love how characters feel unique and I'm not just playing a different character skin like the last 2 ufc games felt. Fuck do I wish they would fix elbows in this, only thing UFC 2 had on this game was that elbow striking fluidity tho.

Lol I must have logged in right after the reset or something, I played my placement matches, went 5-0 and was surprised to see I was around #20. Ended the night 6-1 or 7-1. Probably already dropped out of the top 100

Glad to see Curtis Blaydes in there but they shouldve added Northcutt to 170 and Dan Hooker to 155 and Barao to 135. I honestly have no clue who Ketlen Vera is. Where is Josh Barnett as well and maybe Marcin Tybura, they really need to pump up the HW roster imo.

Lol I must have logged in right after the reset or something, I played my placement matches, went 5-0 and was surprised to see I was around #20. Ended the night 6-1 or 7-1. Probably already dropped out of the top 100

You wanna catch these hands punk?

Probably would have 10 wins over you if you weren't hiding in quick match for months scared of ranked!

Rounding out my game boyo I've smashed some good players in quick match like IMUHBOXER. I fought the old leader board leader goat 1099 in quick match too and I almost got that fucker with Thompson. I'm good, only reason I dont play ranked alot is because I'd always reach a certain point and get matched up the same damn 3 or 4 guys all day and it got boring quick.

Although, thanks. I watched one of your vids on here that you explained the slip and it taught me how to slip properly and use it against opponents pressuring tons. Dangerous tool I've added to my game because of you, and here I was thinking you were fairly useless when it came to this game the whole time. Lol

Rounding out my game boyo I've smashed some good players in quick match like IMUHBOXER. I fought the old leader board leader goat 1099 in quick match too and I almost got that fucker with Thompson. I'm good, only reason I dont play ranked alot is because I'd always reach a certain point and get matched up the same damn 3 or 4 guys all day and it got boring quick.

Although, thanks. I watched one of your vids on here that you explained the slip and it taught me how to slip properly and use it against opponents pressuring tons. Dangerous tool I've added to my game because of you, and here I was thinking you were fairly useless when it came to this game the whole time. Lol

I'm alright, stay between 1300 and 1400 points but can never stay in the upper echelon. Part of that is that much like you, I usually refuse to pick the best guys so am always starting at a disadvantage. If skill is equal and my opponent has Conor while I have Yair, I'm gonna lose usually lol but oh well, it's fun. Hope this grappling patch doesn't ruin the game and make everyone pick GSP again

I'm alright, stay between 1300 and 1400 points but can never stay in the upper echelon. Part of that is that much like you, I usually refuse to pick the best guys so am always starting at a disadvantage. If skill is equal and my opponent has Conor while I have Yair, I'm gonna lose usually lol but oh well, it's fun. Hope this grappling patch doesn't ruin the game and make everyone pick GSP again

Pretty sure though they base the leaderboard ranking somewhat off of who you pick. Like you won't lose as many points if you're facing a GSP if you're Gastelum like I like to pick and you'll get a few more if you win. Seriously tho ranked all I've seen is GSP and Rockholds. Gets fucking old, I feel like I'd be indestructible if I picked OP character but I like to use fighters I like not who the best is.

Hell Tarec Saffiedine was my boy in EA UFC 1, nobody ever really used him except me and I'd dust fools.

After 4 matches with the patch I am 3-1. None have gone to the ground.

I don't like the striking changes except the lateral movement. Nerfing body strikes makes it hard to open up people who just hold block. Nerfing stamina tax on evasion on top of that screwed me. I play the long game on stamina and beat a gassed opponent. Now I have to change up my whole game and just win the flat footed exchanges.

LOL sounds like you need to be more selective with striking now
Nah, just have to not fight Khabib or Cormier where the window to defend a slam is very small now.

grappling in this game is trash, and it's boring as fuck.

After 4 matches with the patch I am 3-1. None have gone to the ground.

I don't like the striking changes except the lateral movement. Nerfing body strikes makes it hard to open up people who just hold block. Nerfing stamina tax on evasion on top of that screwed me. I play the long game on stamina and beat a gassed opponent. Now I have to change up my whole game and just win the flat footed exchanges.

It seems impossible to slip and counter now. I went through a period a couple of patches ago flatlining everyone by countering straights with a hook, now it isn’t possible to do that.

Also they’ve made ground fighting way easier to defend against. Opponents can pretty much block everything and defend almost every takedown.

Not a fan of this latest patch tbh. I think it’s made striking less dynamic.

It seems impossible to slip and counter now. I went through a period a couple of patches ago flatlining everyone by countering straights with a hook, now it isn’t possible to do that.

Also they’ve made ground fighting way easier to defend against. Opponents can pretty much block everything and defend almost every takedown.

Not a fan of this latest patch tbh. I think it’s made striking less dynamic.

Yeah i cant put my finger on it but something in the standup is just off now. The head movement doesnt work well at all anymore. I get hit with almost any strike no matter which way I go. Also you cant block off the back lunge anymore so I keep lunging and making them whiff and then their next strike in the combo is unblockable.

I am seeing a lot more leg kicks lately. It is annoying they nerfed body shots so we are back to leg kick battles.

The standup is sluggish and slow now. I heard they added more input delay and it shows. Plus people are spamming jab head body straight so it’s impossible to slip and counter correctly now. I don’t noticed any change in grappling outside speed up strikes in back mount but it’s still too easy for the bottom fighter to escape. This game is just hopeless imo. Just wait until next gen to complete revamp the mechanics

Why does everyone throw the same strikes online btw. It’s either jab/overhand, the jab body straight like mentioned earlier, jab straight 2 hooks, or a leg kick overhand.

Back