EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Yeah it is much better now. I must have turned it on right after the leaderboard reset, I went 11-2 and was ranked 23rd. Nice to be on the boards even if only temporary.

Yeah it was my first time in the top 100.

I played the #1 guy in my first placement match though lol

Yeah it was my first time in the top 100.

I played the #1 guy in my first placement match though lol

The placement matches are crazy. It seems like a bad way to get newcomers into the game. Play 5 top 100 guys in a row so you can hate the game before you really even start. I lost my second match to the 3rd ranked guy, beat the tenth ranked in my 4th match. Every alt account I have used I have played at least 2 top 20 guys in the placement matches. It seems unfair both that new people have to play top guys and that top guys get these easy wins instead of letting the new people play random people throughout the ranks.

The placement matches are crazy. It seems like a bad way to get newcomers into the game. Play 5 top 100 guys in a row so you can hate the game before you really even start. I lost my second match to the 3rd ranked guy, beat the tenth ranked in my 4th match. Every alt account I have used I have played at least 2 top 20 guys in the placement matches. It seems unfair both that new people have to play top guys and that top guys get these easy wins instead of letting the new people play random people throughout the ranks.

Yeah, I picked lower ranked fighters for those figuring that if I lost I'll just start a little lower down from where I was all over last season and get some easy wins. I spent last season completely between 1300 and 1450 or something like that.... started this one at 1250 lol so I'm sure within a day or 2 i'll be back in my wheelhouse

Fresh start for ranked fights now?

Last night in quick fight i KO'd my buddy then literally river danced on him with Cerrone.lol

Fresh start for ranked fights now?

Last night in quick fight i KO'd my buddy then literally river danced on him with Cerrone.lol

Yep, fresh start. A good time for it IMO, the meta has changed a lot since we started and they finally have what seems to be a pretty consistent meta going. I feel like there is finally some balance between the strategies and the counter strategies where execution and timing is finally relevant.

Yeah, I picked lower ranked fighters for those figuring that if I lost I'll just start a little lower down from where I was all over last season and get some easy wins. I spent last season completely between 1300 and 1450 or something like that.... started this one at 1250 lol so I'm sure within a day or 2 i'll be back in my wheelhouse

Xbox gives free alt accounts so I am always playing across a few accounts to test the waters at different levels. What I find interesting is that before the latest patch it was just as hard to win at 1100 as 1400. The lower ranked guys played a whole different style that was still solid. The higher level guys swayed so much it was easier for me to KO them. The lower level guys force fielded and it was hard to get through without opening yourself up to a counter

I just made an undefeated run on my alt account. 5-0 through the qualifiers. Hopefully I can keep it up, either things are clicking for me with this new update or all the good people are struggling to drop old habits. I feel like you can finally use your head and outsmart people a bit. Now that they can't sway and pray and there are defenses for pressure people actually have to move and time shots.

Fuck the new patch, now it's back to day 1, when people only threw jab straight combos, head movements is useless, since you can get tagged by a jab and it either stops you in your tracks or knock you the fck up. Before the patch everything was good, now the game punish aggresive fighters, chasing people gets you killed, the block is completely nerfed and you get stiffen in seconds, its a rock em sock em game right now. Fuck! I swear the people that cried over the ducking/swaying players are probably the jab straight cheesers.

Fuck the new patch, now it's back to day 1, when people only threw jab straight combos, head movements is useless, since you can get tagged by a jab and it either stops you in your tracks or knock you the fck up. Before the patch everything was good, now the game punish aggresive fighters, chasing people gets you killed, the block is completely nerfed and you get stiffen in seconds, its a rock em sock em game right now. Fuck! I swear the people that cried over the ducking/swaying players are probably the jab straight cheesers.

Sounds like you relied entirely on fishing for ridiculous sway counters. Time to adapt and play more realistically. Jab straight "cheese" doesn't exist, very easy to counter. The jab straight to the body is a little hard to punish and should be slowed down a bit, but to the head both punches are easy to slip if they are predictable. You just can't counter every jab with a massive hook or uppercut for free rocks.

It's not perfect but it's improved IMO. I have had some of the best fights since release in the last couple days. 5 round wars, dramatic comebacks, etc.

Sounds like you relied entirely on fishing for ridiculous sway counters. Time to adapt and play more realistically. Jab straight "cheese" doesn't exist, very easy to counter. The jab straight to the body is a little hard to punish and should be slowed down a bit, but to the head both punches are easy to slip if they are predictable. You just can't counter every jab with a massive hook or uppercut for free rocks.

It's not perfect but it's improved IMO. I have had some of the best fights since release in the last couple days. 5 round wars, dramatic comebacks, etc.

Yup, me too - much improved, and not *just* because it fits my methodology.
Feels A LOT closer to a proper MMA fight, although pressure fighters still have it too easy closing the distance IMO.

Day one was better than last meta, for one. If you think that the dance-offs that were last patch's meta were a good thing, I got no sympathy for you.

Yup, me too - much improved, and not *just* because it fits my methodology.
Feels A LOT closer to a proper MMA fight, although pressure fighters still have it too easy closing the distance IMO.

Agreed, the top level guys are still the ones who have just mastered non stop 4+ punch combos with Conor or whatever, there will always be cheesers but out of my 20 fights since the patch almost all of them have been fun, especially compared to before where guys would just stand still bobbing and weaving randomly and get rewarded with huge counters and rocks without having to actually time anything. Now you have to TIME your slips and they can still pay off big time, you just need skill to do it and you can't rely completely on head movement to win.

Paulo Costa is a beast BTW, been using him at MW.

Agreed, the top level guys are still the ones who have just mastered non stop 4+ punch combos with Conor or whatever, there will always be cheesers but out of my 20 fights since the patch almost all of them have been fun, especially compared to before where guys would just stand still bobbing and weaving randomly and get rewarded with huge counters and rocks without having to actually time anything. Now you have to TIME your slips and they can still pay off big time, you just need skill to do it and you can't rely completely on head movement to win.

Paulo Costa is a beast BTW, been using him at MW.

I agree with all this. Head movement is better now than ever, it works like it should. Small windows that have to be timed well and they work better if you don't strike out of them. You have to choose wisely when to strike and when to block out of it. Feels way less like rock, paper, scissors now and more like a 3 dimensional game.

I am like 20-5 since the patch, had a 12 fight win streak against mostly good players. Today I played a guy who had a 4-0 record against me pre patch and beat him twice.

The main thing for me is the exploitable invulnerability sways are gone. So many guys could lean just the right way that you couldn't hit them, and they get a big counter if you miss any strikes. It looked and felt ridiculous. I never used it to win so this patch is great for me . There are some advice threads on the operation sports forum if people need help, they helped me out.

Basics are use the slip straight to counter aggressive guys ,especially if they jab a lot. It's super fast and effective. Back lean and back lunge avoids hooks and uppercuts. Be patient and circle early and just see what they do. I love when guys come out like a bat out of hell because I know I will have a massive stamina advantage. I use quick 2 strike combos mixing to the body and head and just stay patient.

I am like 20-5 since the patch, had a 12 fight win streak against mostly good players. Today I played a guy who had a 4-0 record against me pre patch and beat him twice.

The main thing for me is the exploitable invulnerability sways are gone. So many guys could lean just the right way that you couldn't hit them, and they get a big counter if you miss any strikes. It looked and felt ridiculous. I never used it to win so this patch is great for me . There are some advice threads on the operation sports forum if people need help, they helped me out.

Basics are use the slip straight to counter aggressive guys ,especially if they jab a lot. It's super fast and effective. Back lean and back lunge avoids hooks and uppercuts. Be patient and circle early and just see what they do. I love when guys come out like a bat out of hell because I know I will have a massive stamina advantage. I use quick 2 strike combos mixing to the body and head and just stay patient.

Every exchange just feels random now. I'm getting lots of KOs by basically closing my eyes and throwing jab uppercut hook. Guys are straight ducking uppercuts as well. Kinda feels like they screwed this up, I had zero issue against the sway spammers prepatch.

Legit I've been super into the EA MMA games since EA MMA. But this was a giant step backwards.

Every exchange just feels random now. I'm getting lots of KOs by basically closing my eyes and throwing jab uppercut hook. Guys are straight ducking uppercuts as well. Kinda feels like they screwed this up, I had zero issue against the sway spammers prepatch.

I have had the exact opposite experience. Loved the game before, hated the patch at first when they had the health glitch but once they fixed that it's been great Imo.

Back