EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be good, please have A story, a grappling only mode (opposite of knockout mode), better judging, a better variety of techniques and other things.

Knockout Mode has Snoopcast commentary.. lol

weigh_Fer_McG_00_661x372.jpg

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/ufc-champ-conor-mcgregor-unveiled-for-ea-ufc-3-video-game-
cover

Release date: February 2nd

Well, if they are focusing on trash talk and stuff like that in career I guess it's cool since it will change it up a LITTLE at least after being so dull and repetitive the last couple versions. BUT, THQ tried that shit in UFC 3 and it was a joke. Just awkward, pathetic, and pointless. Added absolutely nothing just felt thrown together at the last second. Hopefully EA does a better job.

Not sure this is happening, I just noticed their FB post said "be the greatest inside and outside the octagon"

Nice release date! Just around the corner.

I thought the trailer was nice, but I need to see gameplay.

Kinda looked a lot like EA UFC 2 from those little clips

<6>
It looks similar I guess, it appears the core has changed. It has the striking vulnerability windows EA MMA used to have now.
The footwork is just on another level now.
That beta isn't even far out. I'm pumped.

McGregor is the cover... wow. It must be so difficult to find other promising fighters who haven't fought in over a year. Garbrandt?? Ferguson? Even Whittaker would make a cool choice.

I hope fighters are appropriately ranked. I don't want to see ADCC champion McGregor sweep you from half guard and/or Robbie Lawler to walk through most of your strikes to knock you out.

It looks similar I guess, it appears the core has changed. It has the striking vulnerability windows EA MMA used to have now.
The footwork is just on another level now.
That beta isn't even far out. I'm pumped.

What do you have to do to play the beta ?

McGregor is the cover... wow. It must be so difficult to find other promising fighters who haven't fought in over a year. Garbrandt?? Ferguson? Even Whittaker would make a cool choice.

I hope fighters are appropriately ranked. I don't want to see ADCC champion McGregor sweep you from half guard and/or Robbie Lawler to walk through most of your strikes to knock you out.

Agreed on adcc Conor.... But that is pretty much what Lawler does lol

That was great! I'll come out of EA UFC retirement for this one.

The cover design is to catch the eyes of casuals.

Ferguson, Whittaker or Garbrant ain't doing that.

Wrestling fans had the same thing happen with Brock being the 2k17 cover star when he wrestles like 3x a year

Last edited:
The cover design is to catch the eyes of casuals.

Ferguson, Whittaker or Garbranst ain't doing that.

Wrestling fans had the same thing happen with Brock being the 2k17 cover star when he wrestles like 3x a year
Yeah. Exactly. EA doesn't exist to legitimize these fighters as champions. They just want their game to catch the eyes.

What do you have to do to play the beta ?

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3 -> Beta Sign-up, and hope you get a code. Not sure how limited it will be.

Trailer looks good. I definitely want to see a full match between legit players.

Beta is soon. I'm ready.

Play with these fighters in the Beta:
  • Conor McGregor
  • Tony Ferguson
  • Nate Diaz
  • Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • Eddie Alvarez
  • Edson Barboza
  • Anthony Pettis
  • Michael Chiesa
  • Kevin Lee
  • Dustin Poirier