EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine us getting too much information though, if previous years are anything to go by.

1600-300 Record UFC 2

Come get some boi

I am a real G

Not too bad. Most of the solid players are on Xbox though, like me :p
PlayStation is a sea of noobs with the occasional top player from what I hear.

Not too bad. Most of the solid players are on Xbox though, like me :p
PlayStation is a sea of noobs with the occasional top player from what I hear.
never disrespect ps4 you sad sad man :I

never disrespect ps4 you sad sad man :I

That's actually the word on the street though. Most of the top players are on Xbox apart from a small handful.

I don't know from experience though but I do know the top UFC clans are on Xbox. I'll buy it for PlayStation soon and try it out.

KeneticNRG and LD Enough are the only players I know that are any good from PS4. Kenetic left Xbox to play on PSN to get to the world number 1 slot there because he couldn't on Xbox.

That's actually the word on the street though. Most of the top players are on Xbox apart from a small handful.

I don't know from experience though but I do know the top UFC clans are on Xbox. I'll buy it for PlayStation soon and try it out.

KeneticNRG and LD Enough are the only players I know that are any good from PS4. Kenetic left Xbox to play on PSN to get to the world number 1 slot there because he couldn't on Xbox.
Might be true hehe
I just wanna play and enjoy myself fook the rankings and who is the best
Kinetic is apparently good, never fought vs him.
I've beaten a russian cheating piece of shit a few times i think that he has beaten kinetic

If you buy PS4, lets throw some hands sir! :)

Might be true hehe
I've beaten a russian cheating piece of shit a few times i think that he has beaten kinetic

Yeah, I agree. I cared about them for a bit but don't play much anymore. I was routinely top 10 on Xbox monthly charts when I did though and highest I was overall was rank 6 (Not long after a wipe though lol).
I made a new account recently and went 140-0 on it (mainly because of low division noobs but had a few good fighters in there) but I've not played in over a month at least at this point.
I've also never once been a champion in the game yet :) I can only imagine what I'd do if I was a bitch that picked Jon Jones or something.

I've been having fun playing Fight Night Champion, since its striking is more refined.

I've actually got a PS4 but not UFC 2 on it. I'll pick it up though!

Might be true hehe

Be sure to stick around the game forum and join our tournaments when the game launches.... we have some pretty damn good players around here even if most of us don't play 10,000 ranked matches to climb the leaderboards.... @Hanri is the resident GOAT. We have had some great tournaments for the last few MMA games mostly run by @Garnett Silk who is kind enough to spend the time organizing them even though he is a bum who loses 75% of his matches in ranked and 95% in our tournaments.

Yeah, I agree. I cared about them for a bit but don't play much anymore. I was routinely top 10 on Xbox monthly charts when I did though and highest I was overall was rank 6 (Not long after a wipe though lol).
I made a new account recently and went 140-0 on it (mainly because of low division noobs but had a few good fighters in there) but I've not played in over a month at least at this point.
I've also never once been a champion in the game yet :) I can only imagine what I'd do if I was a bitch that picked Jon Jones or something.

I've been having fun playing Fight Night Champion, since its striking is more refined.

I've actually got a PS4 but not UFC 2 on it. I'll pick it up though!
fight night is the shit

I think that they will

Also hoping that they make a kickboxing game
Yeah, me too - I think it's already in development.
A Glory branded kickboxing game or something would be so dope.

I have high hopes for this one.

THQ really hit their stride with their 3rd release. That's really how long it takes to make a great MMA game. It's nearly impossible to develop a deep, balanced MMA game right out of the gate.

I dont anticipate changes to the sub system from the last game. Which is a bummer because transition based submissions is THE ONLY WAY to take the sub system. But even without that, this 3rd release should be great.

Sounds like the standup got a ton of attention. Now it seems to include foot movement while striking. This is big because now you can actually implement a true stick and move style or close the distance with head movement realistically, you can also chase down a hurt fighter(running included). The hint at Teep/Push kicks actually working correctly allow for keeping range against the super aggressive styles THE CORRECT WAY.

This all should balance out the use of shorter/inside fighters versus everyone selecting the rangy types too. Last game there was no use playing with Hector Lombard or Johnny Hendricks or John Lineker.

I heard that stamina is being revamped to punish spamming special strikes & swing wildly early will have a big impact on stamina as the fight goes on. This is big if it actually works this way. I'm interested to hear more about proper counter strikes causing more damage.

I just don't see either boxing or kickboxing getting a game tbh. Not in their current landscapes. The appeal to EA for a UFC game is that all fighters are included in the license. They dont have to go around signing individual fighters like they did for a boxing game.

I just hope the level of striking in UFC3 will somewhat take care of that Fight Night itch. I think a striking only mode in a UFC game is closer than a boxing/kickboxing game from anyone.

1RFq1C4.jpg

Someone made a thread, "How to deal with backdash spam", the developer replied how it works in EA UFC 3:
In the game I'm playing, your best bet would be to continue moving forward until they get their back against the cage and then unload on them.

I wouldn't even throw a strike until they hit the cage or they try and circle out, in which case hit them with a strike from the side they're circling to, which will stop them dead in their tracks.

But then circling out doesn't really count as spamming backdash, so yeah just march them down until they have nowhere to go.

You could sprint but if he's truly spamming that would be a dumb choice. Let him gas himself out and put his back on the cage.

Safest choice.

I just don't see either boxing or kickboxing getting a game tbh. Not in their current landscapes. The appeal to EA for a UFC game is that all fighters are included in the license. They dont have to go around signing individual fighters like they did for a boxing game.

I just hope the level of striking in UFC3 will somewhat take care of that Fight Night itch. I think a striking only mode in a UFC game is closer than a boxing/kickboxing game from anyone.

1RFq1C4.jpg

Someone made a thread, "How to deal with backdash spam", the developer replied how it works in EA UFC 3:
Do you know if anyone has said if its at 30 fps or 60 fps?

Be sure to stick around the game forum and join our tournaments when the game launches.... we have some pretty damn good players around here even if most of us don't play 10,000 ranked matches to climb the leaderboards.... @Hanri is the resident GOAT. We have had some great tournaments for the last few MMA games mostly run by @Garnett Silk who is kind enough to spend the time organizing them even though he is a bum who loses 75% of his matches in ranked and 95% in our tournaments.

Last I checked @Find the Door is Sherdog EA UFC champ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back