News Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's film about Mark Kerr is still getting made

Rock has been dreaming to play a fighter in a movie for a long time, Kerr’s story can be sensationalized enough to make it full on hollywood, and he was a huge muscular guy so fits the Rock’s physique.

I guess with a toupee, makeup, and some CGI, they’ll make him look the appropriate age…

If The Rock's movie career wasn't already in a skid, this will surely put a huge dent into it.

The Rock playing prime Mark is ridiculous

He's kind of orbiting UFC in recent years despite not being a fighter, not sure what he hopes to achieve except riling up Nate Diaz

Also I guess this means Mark Coleman will get some checks as well so it's worth it for that alone I guess

A24, huh? Interesting...a Rock movie that is probably going to be good, for once.

Smashing Machine was great................I have no problem with them making this movie with the Rock. Should bring a ton of eyes to the sport of MMA. Nice to see the Rock take on a movie roll that isn't just a CGI master course in filming with little to no believable parts. I'm sure after all those films he is ready for a much more serious real life role. Also good for Kerr as last I heard he was car salesman for many years and then was opening his own flooring business. If he can make a cool million or two of this great.

I hate to be picky because I'm a big fan of Kerr... but why the fuck is The Rock going to be playing him?

Back