News Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's film about Mark Kerr is still getting made

Just read that Emily Blunt will play Kerr's wife, and Benny Safdie (Uncut Gems) will direct.
The rock is sounding like the weak link in this movie so far.

The most important casting (apart from Kerr himself) will be Mark Coleman.

After all, he was his friend and training partner...and he's the underdog who ended up winning the tournament Kerr was favourite for.

Amber Heard would be the perfect role for the wife! Lmao!

Are even MMA fans interested in this though?

Just feels like a random name plucked out of thin air.

Where's the film about Mike Whitehead?

Nah, seriously though, is this all because The Rock looks a bit like him? I don't see the hook at all. Not trying to be a dick.

Nah, seriously though, is this all because The Rock looks a bit like him? I don't see the hook at all. Not trying to be a dick.
Even I don't imagine that Dwayne will play Kerr in the film. It's interesting that almost nobody in the UFC fanbase will know who he is so they'll need to start releasing his fights on their YouTube platform before the releases come.

The rock is like 3 years younger than Kerr. Would be hilarious if he played him. Just watch Smashing Machine, great doc, no need for a shitty pro wrestler movie. Just take the money and give it to Kerr lmao.

The rock is like 3 years younger than Kerr. Would be hilarious if he played him. Just watch Smashing Machine, great doc, no need for a shitty pro wrestler movie. Just take the money and give it to Kerr lmao.
Nah the movie is gnna be awesome. A huge need for it . Im excited to see the rock get paid

Nah the movie is gnna be awesome. A huge need for it . Im excited to see the rock get paid
You’re excited to see a multi multi millionaire make more money ?

Yes! Aren’t you?

now tell me how morally high you are
I’m not on any moral high horse, just think it’s weird that you’d be excited about that. Would like to see Mark Kerr get paid, not the rock who is worth like $500Mil+

Unless you’re trolling. If so good troll.

Rock loved The Smashing Machine documentary

screen_shot_2015-06-02_at_75420_pm00.jpg
ami78hben86c1.gif

The Smashing Machine is great. Don't think anybody asked for this garbage cash grab and Dwayne is dogshit at acting.

Last edited:

It's The Rock's passion project. Problem is he's only done dumb action films for years, I don't have a lot of faith in him playing a serious role.

The ONLY positive I can think of for this is that Mark Kerr will get paid.

Just watch the "Smashing Machine" people.

Back