News Dustin Poirier says the BSD fight is ON!

So DP pressured the UFC by going public with the fact the fight was never signed, got the offer he wanted, signed and all is well?

Dustin has been around long enough to know how things work, I doubt this was just him not being able to reach his manager for a day or two.

Dustin put the pressure on and won
No chance

More like, Poirier was given an ultimatum and folded

Dana doesn't do losses. Narcissists either win, or they destroy you :confused:

Well I'm glad the fight is on, but it sure feels like Dustin tried to weasel out of it.

His stock just went down by a lot in my eyes.

You believe that? Lol.

This was Dustin wanting more money.
Who knows. I know there's been other times where fighters were happy negotiations worked out and the fight was on and they didn't need to lie or whatever that they were angling for a little more.

Dana added a Lambo on top of his regular pay, good guy Dana.

No chance

More like, Poirier was given an ultimatum and folded

Dana doesn't do losses. Narcissists either win, or they destroy you :confused:
Completely disagree. With no contract signed and the fight being announced 8 weeks, it was an awful look for the ufc. They got the deal done and Dustin played nice to stay in the ufc brasses good graces

We should still shit on the UFC though.... just because it's fun.

Dana sweetening the pot for Dustin to agree to the fight

poirier-ok-im-open-to-the-benoit-saint-denis-fight-lets-v0-c72jo3o1q0gc1.jpeg

"couldn't get a hold of my manager for a few days"
bro what are you paying him for. Unless that dude had a death in the family or something come on.

He’s lying.

Now that he got the UFC to play ball by “pulling out” of a fight he never signed, he needs to make it look like he didn’t get paid for it.

They don’t want other fighters thinking they can get away with this shit, so their stars have to Kay-Fabre for optics.

He does have some leverage because of the date of his fight. It's the same weekend as N'gannou vs Joshua which they want to try and dull the shine of clearly and try and make people decide to spend their money on their(the ufc's) card instead of N'gannous for the households that'll only be affording 1. Losing DP vs BSD after having announced it would definitely hurt the card. So it's possible he was playing the social media game in his favor this time. But guess we'll probably never truly know.

You're calling it the 'social media game' and I understand your meaning, but the cold hard fact is there was no signed contract.

Dana did not have the fight signed, plain and simple. They do this to fighters all the time - announce a fight without a deal in place, then say "kid doesn't want to fight" if they don't accept the terms, no matter how bad.

Dustin is a millionaire at the end of his career. He is the rare exception where the fighter had leverage, and it didn't take very long for the UFC to agree to terms after he publicly stated the fight was off. He is by far the most marquee name on that $80 PPV.

I couldn't get a hold of my manager in the fight game is the equivalent of telling your teacher the dog ate my homework.

Back