Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone reckon that if / when Mayweather easily beats Conor in boxing, the gauntlet will be laid down by Dana & Conor for him to do a return match in the UFC under MMA rules?

The fight in August is a no-lose situation for the UFC really. Conor loses - well, he's not a boxer, but he gave it a bloody good go against arguably one of the all time greats, but if he happens to win, well.........

That's the thing - connecting with him; top level professional boxers - of which Conor is not, haven't really been able to do that to Floyd, so I just can't see it happening, other than the possibility of Conor being just so unpredictable / unorthodox due to not being a boxer, that he manages to catch Floyd with some crazy weird-angled shit.

I haven't followed Floyd's career too closely because he bores me to death, but didn't someone wobble him in one of his last few fights? Hit him with a wild flurry?

Conor is also a south paw, which has given Floyd issues.

And Conor is 27, not 39-40.

Even if the fight goes the distance, Conor wins.

I haven't followed Floyd's career too closely because he bores me to death, but didn't someone wobble him in one of his last few fights? Hit him with a wild flurry?

Conor is also a south paw, which has given Floyd issues.

Yeah, southpaw pro boxers..I just can't see Conor having the skillset to hang with Floyd in boxing. Don't get me wrong, it would be a great, huge achievement if he wins - I'm in no way anti-Conor, and not a Floyd fan, just tryiing to take a realistic approach to this without getting caught up in the hype too much.

I don't think Mayweather will have a hard time at all honestly. Conor isn't used to boxing at all, or fighting in a ring. He uses kicks a lot, which he won't be able to. He hasn't been training near as much as normal due to his kid. They scheduled this fight way early considering that. He punches hard, sure, but I don't think he punches harder than most boxers. Also, look how many of his KOs are from situations that are unlikely to happen - big punch after wearing someone down with kicks to the body (Mendes), Aldo lunging in wildly, Siver being put against the fence consistently, etc.

Mayweather will likely either cruise to a very easy decision or finish him. I really question how McGregor''s gas tank will look in boxing too.

I gotta go with Milky on this one.
Conor can dance, that's for sure but Mayweather is pretty good at what he does and that's finding ways to win fights.

Also in the beginning Mayweather was able to finish guys within the 12 rounds. He hasn't done that in a while. Like maybe 3 times in the last 10 years?

Mayweather will likely either cruise to a very easy decision or finish him. I really question how McGregor''s gas tank will look in boxing too.

You think a boxing match is going to be more taxing on him than a 5x5 MMA fight with all the shit besides punching going on?

Also in the beginning Mayweather was able to finish guys within the 12 rounds. He hasn't done that in a while. Like maybe 3 times in the last 10 years?

Yeah I'm pretty sure his hands are fucked up and delicate.

An advantage Conor has is being able to watch and study footage of Floyd's boxing. To my knowledge, there is no footage of Conor boxing. And, provided he can break his MMA habits, it should be totally different than when he's in the cage.

On the flip side, there's no footage of Conor boxing because HE'S NOT A BOXER!

Weekend plans pub?

I'm going to take the kids to Windsor tomorrow, show them the castle etc. May go Thai boxing beforehand. Sunday is Father's day over here, so will go for an all you can eat breakfast with my boys at the pub, steak for dinner, and probably some beer and Scotch in the evening.

You think a boxing match is going to be more taxing on him than a 5x5 MMA fight with all the shit besides punching going on?

Absolutely. A lot of guys gas quicker at one discipline because their body is not used to it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's more tense than normal. There are also a lot more punches being thrown as well. McGregor also knows he has to get a KO to win, so I don't think he's going to be as "efficient" as he wants to be. In the first fight with Diaz, he talked about losing gas in 7 minutes as he wasn't efficient. Mayweather's entire game is to bait you in, make you miss, and get out of position. You are just asking A LOT from a non-boxer to go in the ring with arguably the best boxer of our time and feel comfortable enough to go 10 rounds without gassing out.

And Mayweather hasn't been training as much because he's retired.

McGregor has A LOT more ground to make up. This is a boxing match and as you said, McGregor isn't a boxer. He needs a lot more time to adjust to becoming a boxer.

McGregor has A LOT more ground to make up. This is a boxing match and as you said, McGregor isn't a boxer. He needs a lot more time to adjust to becoming a boxer.
On the technical end, sure. But as far as being in shape?

I would have to agree. McGregor is likely in better shape. Nick Diaz thinks he's got a punchers chance, which makes sense. I just think Mayweather knows too well how to win a boxing match.

I wouldn't count on Mayweather being out of shape. I'd say McGregor is far more likely to gas. He always talks about being "efficient with his energy". I just see him having a lot of problems with that stepping into a boxing ring for the first time as an adult against the cream of the crop. Shit, people talk about ring rust when a guy is out for a year or two. He's going to be going in and trying to figure out shit on the fly. He's going to be whiffing air a lot, and likely throwing too hard. It's going to be extremely tough to adjust to. I also don't think he was a cardio monster to begin with.

With a wedding party tonight. Have work in the morning. Ugh

Looked at the phone to set the alarm for work at 7... it's was 5. Gonna be a rough day

Damn! What a tragic weekend for the MMA community. First Matt Hughes gets hit by a train and lifeflighted, and then Tim Hague declared brain dead after his boxing match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back