Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pens with the repeat! Good to know one of my teams can show up in the finals.....looking at you Cavs

Interested in what this offseason holds. going to be the most intense offseason the NHL has had in a long time

Yup.
Teams are not protecting players because of the Las Vegas expansion. There is going to be a lot of trade/free agency drama I think.

Hey @Dan O
Not sure if you saw but I have a Clean and Jerk comp at Lift for kids this year!

Hey @Dan O
Not sure if you saw but I have a Clean and Jerk comp at Lift for kids this year!

Awwww shit!!

CJ only?? Man that might be just good enough for a road trip!

Unfortunately if we can be in our space Aug 1, I'll be melting my face off training staff and getting the wheels rolling on my gym.

There's still a good chance that our timeline shifts to the right and I m doing nothing at all then but working a kitchen. Would love to make it up!!!!!

I know Crosby isn't the most popular player but I'm happy to see him and the Pens win again. It was only a few years ago that people were questioning if he'd already passed his prime due to concussion issues. Though it would have been nice to see PK win.

I went to a butter tart festival on Saturday and bought 22 butter tarts. They are all gone now #thisiswhyimfat

@Cmart how did your comp go?

I always bet with a few friends on big UFC main events, and it's getting worse and worse. It started with you pay me a beer, and it escalated from there. When Thompson lost, my bro had to buy me an Inception bomb because I bet on Woodley. Look up Inception bomb if you never heard of it, it's a $40 dollar drink that gets you buzzed instantly (5 shots).

When Jose Aldo fought Holloway, the loser had to wear a dress when going out to the bar afterward. Aldo has always been one of my favorite fighter...

The loser of Werdum vs Overeem bet will have to wear a romper.

Mayweather vs McGregor is officially set for August 26th.

Mayweather is -1100 favorite, and this is the fight of the decade without a doubt. Any idea on stupid bets we could do for this fight?

Awwww shit!!

CJ only?? Man that might be just good enough for a road trip!

Unfortunately if we can be in our space Aug 1, I'll be melting my face off training staff and getting the wheels rolling on my gym.

There's still a good chance that our timeline shifts to the right and I m doing nothing at all then but working a kitchen. Would love to make it up!!!!!

Its the first year s one, s right now I'm just hoping people show up! I added the fact that you can dress as a super hero or comic book or whatever the fuck you'd dress up to Comicon. (I might even focus on that in the coming years. Make it a Comicon type event, with a Clean&Jerk added, haven't decided yet. I like to throw shit out there, see what sticks! Anyway, would love to have you guys down. If you're not too many there will be accommodations for you.

@Cmart how did your comp go?

Not gonna lie, it was my worst performance out of the six meets I've done. If there's a bright spot, it would be that if all the lifts I completed had counted it would have been an 1108 total for me, weighing in at 180.8, which would be a PR. But it was a learning experience, and I think I may schedule a rare second meet this year just to make up for my failure. Looking at possibly November 11.

Lol definitely should have checked his training log before asking this.
lol yeah if everyone here just spent as much time in my log as Jim does, I wouldn't have to give any updates.

lol yeah if everyone here just spent as much time in my log as Jim does, I wouldn't have to give any updates.

Yeah, it's pretty tough to find, seeing as the logs are inactive enough that it never leaves the first page. I really had to go digging for it to see your meet results. Because, you know, it's not like your meet writeup made it go to the very top of the page, or anything.

Last edited:
Mayweather vs McGregor is officially set for August 26th.

To highlight the kind of reach this fight has - I first heard it had been confirmed via a message from one of my friends who I wouldn't consider even a casual boxing or mma fan. He, like many others I'm guessing, has been captivated by McGregor's personality and watches alot of his stuff on YouTube etc.

Realistically, the buildup / hype for this fight is probably going to be the most entertaining part of it, and I think that afterwards the casuals will probably go back to being casuals. I do think McGregor will (he probably already has) convince people this is going to be competitive but anyone who is more than a casual fan of either sport will see it for what it is - a freak show / spectacle / farce that is going to make both men alot richer, create a load of publicity, but is going to be an easy 50th pro win for Mayweather.

I'll still watch it though!

I'm not sure it will be easy for Mayweather at all.

All Conor has to do is touch Floyd once. I doubt Floyd will knock him out, given the shape his hand(s) are in.

I mean, it'll probably be a tall task for Conor to even connect with Mayweather, but Floyd is no spring chicken and it only takes one good shot.

I feel like it will go one of 2 ways.

1. Mayweather by decision. Easily.
2. Conor will take advantage of an over confident Mayweather and knock him out early.

I'm not sure #2 is all that plausible. Mayweather isn't stupid. He knows he can toy with anyone for the duration of a fight and do enough to win.

I'm not sure it will be easy for Mayweather at all.

All Conor has to do is touch Floyd once. I doubt Floyd will knock him out, given the shape his hand(s) are in.

I mean, it'll probably be a tall task for Conor to even connect with Mayweather, but Floyd is no spring chicken and it only takes one good shot.

That's the thing - connecting with him; top level professional boxers - of which Conor is not, haven't really been able to do that to Floyd, so I just can't see it happening, other than the possibility of Conor being just so unpredictable / unorthodox due to not being a boxer, that he manages to catch Floyd with some crazy weird-angled shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back