Does your dog sleep with you in bed, under the covers?

my dog sleeps in my bed, but on top of the covers....

and as much as i hate to admit it, my GF takes the blanket out of his kennel and puts it over him at night if she thinks its cold

But never under the covers with me, or her

I don't have the time to address everything you said in multi quotes, but you're honestly terrible at arguing. You don't even address any of the points I make. Not only that, but most of the stuff you say (and obviously believe applies) doesn't have anything to do with what you're replying to and you claim I say many things I never once even hinted at.

Where the empathy comes from doesn't matter.

No, "we" weren't talking about occasionally putting a dog on a chain.

Like I said, my points revolve around empathy, not who is psychologically closer to humans. Even so, you can not find 10 species like you claimed. And why aren't you posting sources like I did?

Your definition of "natural environment" is quite different than, well, the actual definition. You're attempting to make your definition work, despite the fact that it's wrong.

You know what "redundant" means right? Since I never once mentioned the point you addressed other than once (initially), "redundant" simply doesn't apply.

"Just because a person doesn't take their dog to bed and bathe with it doesn't mean they "gain nothing" from owning an animal." -- That has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand and I never once said the contrary...

Chill bro, he's either trolling you, or he's unintelligent. You clearly and distinctly refuted every single point he made, and backed it up with articles and scientific studies.

To which he pretty much replied with, "No, disregard that, because I'm right"

He clearly just has a vendetta against dogs, and I doubt he's ever had one, because anyone who's ever had a dog and actually attempted to interact with it would not be able to spout the ridiculous bullshit that he's spewing.

You totally and systematically destroyed him, and for that you get two thumbs straight up from the late great Roger Ebert.

Good day

Our dog is not allowed up on furniture or to go up the stairs (to the floor where are bedrooms are).

This isn't because I find it particularly gross to sleep in the same bed as a dog though. It's for the following reasons...
1. It's good for dogs to have restrictions and boundaries. This teaches the dog that he is not human and that he is below them in the pecking order.
2. The wife doesn't want dog hair in the bedrooms and I don't want the dog to ruin our hard wood floors.

So the dog sleeps on his own bed on the main floor (which incidentally is completely tiled so the dog can't scratch it and it's easy to vacuum up the hair).

Going through this thread, I noticed that many posters humanize their dogs and think that they should treat their dogs like they would treat their children or a person they love. This is a mistake and it often leads to confused dogs who believe they are equals to humans and who think it is ok for them to dominate humans.

Last edited:
Our cat sleeps like a human. Body under the covers and head on the middle pillow. We have a king size bed and me, my wife, and the cat each get 1/3 of it.

I've got bulldogs. A.) They can't be jumping up and down on things as it would wreck their hips and back, B.) They aren't the brightest animals and take a long time to potty train so they've been crate trained. They sleep in their respective crates, one on each side of the bed where they spend their nights snoring and farting loudly. I love them to death but I'd never want them sharing my bed. They're stinky and drool'y creatures at the best of times.

Lol..."stupid as hell." Clever, even if unintentional.

The arab world invented algebra, yo. They're smart peeps.
I'm fully aware of Arabic ingenuity, but the thing about religious people is that they embrace behaviors based on superstition, and not on reason. Algebra didn't come from the Koran. I have no patience or regard for public health practices rooted in scripture.

Our dog is not allowed up on furniture or to go up the stairs (to the floor where are bedrooms are).

This isn't because I find it particularly gross to sleep in the same bed as a dog though. It's for the following reasons...
1. It's good for dogs to have restrictions and boundaries. This teaches the dog that he is not human and that he is below them in the pecking order.
2. The wife doesn't want dog hair in the bedrooms and I don't want the dog to ruin our hard wood floors.

So the dog sleeps on his own bed on the main floor (which incidentally is completely tiled so the dog can't scratch it and it's easy to vacuum up the hair).

Going through this thread, I noticed that many posters humanize their dogs and think that they should treat their dogs like they would treat their children or a person they love. This is a mistake and it often leads to confused dogs who believe they are equals to humans and who think it is ok for them to dominate humans.

Sleeping on the bed has no detrimental effect on keeping the humans as the pack leaders. That has more to do with attitude as per my other post.

What you do is entirely up to you and how you wish to interact with your dogs is up to you but just because dogs are allowed to sleep on the bed does not mean the owners don

Their hair getting all over the bed, on the pillow, in your eyes and mouth. I could never handles that...the slobber too.

Dogs get dirty all day long as well.

Not to mention when they crap they don't wipe. All that butt funk all up in your covers, on your pillows, sheets, etc. :eek: :eek: :eek:

My Chihuahua sleeps in the bed. Sometimes he tries to get under the covers with me, but I always pick him up and move him to my wifes side because it is surprising how much heat that little animal can produce. I'll wake up sweating like its 100 degrees or something.

Sometimes I do get that icky, is this sanitary letting an animal sleep in a bed. But as long as he is on my wifes side I'm fine with it. Sometimes I wake up in the midde of the night and he will be curled up in a little ball on her pillow right next to her head. Too cute.

My Chihuahua sleeps in the bed. Sometimes he tries to get under the covers with me, but I always pick him up and move him to my wifes side because it is surprising how much heat that little animal can produce. I'll wake up sweating like its 100 degrees or something.

Little dogs actually give off a lot more heat than big dogs i.e. big dogs retain heat better.

It's funny, but an ankle biter can actually make a better heating pad than a bigass dog.

I'm fully aware of Arabic ingenuity, but the thing about religious people is that they embrace behaviors based on superstition, and not on reason. Algebra didn't come from the Koran. I have no patience or regard for public health practices rooted in scripture.

lolololol, this thread is like a one man army standing up to an actual army.

But on this, I have to comment. The Arabic world had a golden age (ironically from drawing upon Hellenistic sources) for hundreds of years that only was ended because the Mongols were the most shit kickingest army that would not be matched until hundreds of years later by the United States.

They ruined that civilization by obliterating its people and wrecking its libraries, both which would be considered crimes against humanity today. When Europe was in the Dark Ages, the Middle East was flourishing. Had the Mongols not wiped nations off the map, there might be a far different civilization there than one that had nothing left to turn to but Islam.

My chinese sharpie sleeps in my bed but only when I call her. All I have to do is snap my finger and say lets go to bed and she runs up my stairs and follows me into bed. It's cool cause she only plays for like a minute. She rubs her face next to mine snorting the whole time. Then she finds her own spot in the corner of the foot of the bed a curls up into a ball and falls asleep.

any creature that periodically sucks its own butthole and/or eats cat turds for fun is not welcome where I sleep....just my 2 cents.

would you kiss a woman that sucked you off

You got to man. That's the least you could do after a girl willingly puts a semen squirting stick up and down the back of her throat for an extended period of time.

From a hygienic standpoint, I guess I wouldn't expect anything less from a country where you don't even take off your shoes before entering a house.

You know, i dont get it. When people come to my house i ask them to remove their shoes, its not that difficult. Some dont mind others ask why.

When i got internet installed they guy was reluctant to do so, so i told him that they should send someone else. He then went into his truck and grabbed some slip ons to put over his boots.

Sleeping on the bed has no detrimental effect on keeping the humans as the pack leaders. That has more to do with attitude as per my other post.

What you do is entirely up to you and how you wish to interact with your dogs is up to you but just because dogs are allowed to sleep on the bed does not mean the owners don

From a hygienic standpoint, I guess I wouldn't expect anything less from a country where you don't even take off your shoes before entering a house.

Do you wear latex gloves when you exchange money, because it makes a great carrier of germs.

You sound like you come from a country that has dog for breakfast.

You got to man. That's the least you could do after a girl willingly puts a semen squirting stick up and down the back of her throat for an extended period of time.

I disagree with your previous statement, but strongly agree with this statement. You know what's up, man. Guys that wont are whiny bitches.

Back