Does Xbox really ban you for nothing?

my friend got banned a long time ago for calling a 13 year old girl a cum dumpster.

tenor.gif

Putin-Laughs-Crimea-River-During-An-Interview.gif

I do find it hilarious when people playing ultra violent shooters, are also butthurt pansies that report people....

I don't even use the Mic unless it's necessary, so I don't say rude things to people. but still, you can handle eviscerating 20 other online people, but a swear wear to virgin ears is apparently the line?
Who says that being banned has to do with foul language? It could be harassment like constantly mocking a guy's accent because he was from an asian country. Sometimes the player acts more immature than the 12 year old player he is harassing. I've been in some games where an older teen kept heckling another player because his voice sounds as though he was very young

My one buddy told me he was playing ARK when he got banned. Also, GTA will ban/mute you in game for infractions not your profile, which quite frankly is how it should be. Very counterproductive to ban players, all you will do is piss off people that spend money on your platform and cause them to switch. Not to mention tell their friends what's happening. That's how I heard about this whole banning thing, kid told me he got like a 48 hour comms ban for telling someone to fuck off.

Remember these are games that are rated mature and not meant for kids to be on at all. If you're an adult and you can't use the mute button or handle some shit talk you're way to sensitive and probably shouldn't be playing video games. Lol
I doubt you would get banned just from one report about foul language or abuse. They probably look at if you have multiple reports and violations before throwing the ban hammer. Its probably a case by case thing but I don't believe in an anything goes attitude because the main culprit will be very counterproductive in matches because he keeps picking a fight with a team mate or something

I doubt you would get banned just from one report about foul language or abuse. They probably look at if you have multiple reports and violations before throwing the ban hammer. Its probably a case by case thing but I don't believe in an anything goes attitude because the main culprit will be very counterproductive in matches because he keeps picking a fight with a team mate or something

Well I'll put it this way, I've never once been banned or heard of anyone being banned on ps4 really other than for cheating. Banning people for speech who spend money on your platform is literally the dumbest thing you can do. Like Joe Riggs shooting himself in the hand level of stupid.

I personally don’t care cause I never talk in anyway that could get me banned and I hardly play online as is. Either way I went with ps4 for other reasons.

Same here. Never been banned when I was on XBox, but the negative rep from salty players was ridiculous. I had problems finding players in Mortal Kombat 9 because of it and some of them would see my name and just quit.

Banning people for speech who spend money on your platform is literally the dumbest thing you can do. Like Joe Riggs shooting himself in the hand level of stupid.
yes, but if the speech is directed at players you are shit talking then I see how the company losing a lot of players who would not play the servers or online. They wouldn't care for your money since the casuals vs serious gamer gets outnumber 20:1. This whole thing goes back to MMOs when they servers use to have anything goes rules where you can kill another player

Who says that being banned has to do with foul language? It could be harassment like constantly mocking a guy's accent because he was from an asian country. Sometimes the player acts more immature than the 12 year old player he is harassing. I've been in some games where an older teen kept heckling another player because his voice sounds as though he was very young

You think people should get banned for that? You don't think a mute button would work? You must be real fuckin fun at parties there bubs

yes, but if the speech is directed at players you are shit talking then I see how the company losing a lot of players who would not play the servers or online. They wouldn't care for your money since the casuals vs serious gamer gets outnumber 20:1. This whole thing goes back to MMOs when they servers use to have anything goes rules where you can kill another player

The serious gamers are the ones who are going to stay on your platform play multiple hours and most likely buy extras and add ons. Banning people is horrible, it loses money and gives a bad name in general. Who the fuck wants to side with a company that will ban you after spending thousands of dollars?

Like I said I was gonna get an xbox black friday but after doing my research I prefer my freedom of speech and digital content.

You think people should get banned for that? You don't think a mute button would work? You must be real fuckin fun at parties there bubs
You are quite sensitive there. I can see how your attitude that got you banned in the first place. Yes the mute works and I don't use the mic. You still have to listen to other team mates instructions to work so it doesn't work entirely

Same here. Never been banned when I was on XBox, but the negative rep from salty players was ridiculous. I had problems finding players in Mortal Kombat 9 because of it and some of them would see my name and just quit.

Actually that does remind me on PS4 or maybe Xbox 360 I forgot which. I would play online (street fighter) and they would send in complaints about me all the time. People are so bitter. Something about fighting games really brings out the worst in some people.

You are quite sensitive there. I can see how your attitude that got you banned in the first place. Yes the mute works and I don't use the mic. You still have to listen to other team mates instructions to work so it doesn't work entirely

I never got banned, obviously you can't read or need thicker glasses. Was gonna buy an xbox black friday, why I made this thread in the first place. Would rather not risk getting banned over telling people to fuck off in M rated games.

Actually that does remind me on PS4 or maybe Xbox 360 I forgot which. I would play online (street fighter) and they would send in complaints about me all the time. People are so bitter. Something about fighting games really brings out the worst in some people.

It's the one on one competition. Its easy to die in COD and blame the teammates and the lag, it's another to get your ass kicked In a one on one match with no one else to blame but yourself. Lol

I never got banned, obviously you can't read or need thicker glasses. Was gonna buy an xbox black friday, why I made this thread in the first place. Would rather not risk getting banned over telling people to fuck off in M rated games.
The point is I was trying to bring up examples of some harassment that the players could get banned for which isn't just simple foul language. Its all in the terms and conditions when you play online. A simple ignore and mute won't solve everything because if it would, Sherdog forums would apply the same set of rules by implementing an ignore system. Not every single person is just going to click on mute. If you get banned, more than likely it wasn't because you pissed off just one person but many many others and one of them recorded the incident

Also hardcore players still make up a very small portion of sales despite them telling us otherwise

It's the one on one competition. Its easy to die in COD and blame the teammates and the lag, it's another to get your ass kicked In a one on one match with no one else to blame but yourself. Lol

lol so true. I had a cousin who anytime we played a fighting game he apparently managed to always get the controller that was broken. Of course he would just give up instead of switching controllers.

I've had the same experience in FPS, but when it comes to fighting games, you can't blame it on your teammates. The game clearly says, "YOU Lose" and not "Your team lost." That Ryu is just like your Ryu, lol.

1460039786842.gif

Yep.

The point is I was trying to bring up examples of some harassment that the players could get banned for which isn't just simple foul language. Its all in the terms and conditions when you play online. A simple ignore and mute won't solve everything because if it would, Sherdog forums would apply the same set of rules by implementing an ignore system.

Also hardcore players still make up a very small portion of sales despite them telling us otherwise

Part of playing games is getting in your opponents head, especially fighting games. You sound mentally weak and like your feelings get hurt too easy. Grow a pair man.

lol so true. I had a cousin who anytime we played a fighting game he apparently managed to always get the controller that was broken. Of course he would just give up instead of switching controllers.

Arcades were worse. Tick Throwing could cause fist fights, lol.

Hahahaha holy fuck my one buddy used to do that when wed play MK 2 on the super nintendo. Both controllers were old, but whatever one he had and lost with was "the broken one". I used to be right into UFC on ps4, and part of winning is talking shit getting in your opponents head and throwing them off.

I was infamous around here for the old UFC Ps4 tourneys but we all got along and I brought the Lulz right @Garnett Silk?

Part of playing games is getting in your opponents head, especially fighting games. You sound mentally weak and like your feelings get hurt too easy. Grow a pair man.
I don't play fighter games but have fun throwing the N word around at players till you get banned

I don't play fighter games but have fun throwing the N word around at players till you get banned

I wouldn't doubt you didn't probably too hard and violent for your sensitive eyes/ears. Also you're just making things up now dude, you've gone full retard.

Back