Does Xbox really ban you for nothing?

I mute everyone but my party in any online game. I don’t engage with strangers over the mic.

If you can't handle online harassment by pressing a mute button you're a pussy and online gaming isn't for you imo there shouldn't even be a report button, who the fuck likes a snitch?

I do find it hilarious when people playing ultra violent shooters, are also butthurt pansies that report people....

I don't even use the Mic unless it's necessary, so I don't say rude things to people. but still, you can handle eviscerating 20 other online people, but a swear wear to virgin ears is apparently the line?

Sounds like some of the forums I've been to before that drop the ban hammer for almost anything.

I have a healthy disdain for practically any place that tries to uphold these ultra strict type of rules.

I haven't played on XBL since the 360, but I remember having a negative reputation though I rarely talked to anyone besides players I actually knew. Never got banned or warned or anything though.

nothing worse than some 12 year old british kid bodying you, and then calling you a 'bloody, cheeky something or other' and mocking you.

even worse when it was French players haha

I got a 14 hour comm ban on Live for calling some kid a retard I think cause that was the same night I got banned and I must've got reported. I say "I think" cause they never tell you what it is for or why. Never happened to me before. This was a few weeks ago.

It's funny cause he told me to watch mouth and called me a BITCH so I counter reported him.

I don't think I will msg randoms again not worth it. So many snowflakes online.

You really should sell and switch over.. I couldn't imagine being banned over telling someone to fuck off. Who the fuck even goes around banning people from platforms that spend monthly on it? Seems like a good way to hemorrhage cash.

"Oh, you said mean things? BAN! Thatll show ya punk, now go sell your xbox and buy a Ps4! That's how we roll here at Microsoft." Probably just one of the many reasons there is 33 million Xbone sold and almost 70 million ps4.

Also, it's still awfully annoying that Xbone S can't do true audio pass-through (or PCM) to an AVR (which I have w/ 5.1 sound set up)....

It can do 5.1 or 7.1, or bitstream DD or DTS, but there's no way to do DD HD or DTS HD....

which when they include a Blu Ray 4k player, that's patently absurd

You could passthrough to an AVR on a PS3 ffs to get true HD sound....

Sure but I don't cry about getting reported.
I am enjoying the rustle in this thread.

Ive never been banned I made this thread to see if it wss worth getting an xbox one black friday or if their pussy player policy was that bad I should just buy another ps4 and sell my old one. Lol

Been on XBL for seven years and haven't been banned/suspended once. What's my secret? Don't be a dick.

nothing worse than some 12 year old british kid bodying you, and then calling you a 'bloody, cheeky something or other' and mocking you.

even worse when it was French players haha

I love it every time somebody uses the term "bloody" and "cheeky"... cracks me up. with or without the accent. bloody good time!

my friend got banned a long time ago for calling a 13 year old girl a cum dumpster.

that will do the trick.

Not surprised honestly. Xbox was infamous for the amount of hate you'd have to listen to when playing online. Looks like MS finally decided to start heavily punishing people to put a stop to it. The last thing you want these days is to be known as the console where you're guaranteed to be called the N word.

Not surprised honestly. Xbox was infamous for the amount of hate you'd have to listen to when playing online. Looks like MS finally decided to start heavily punishing people to put a stop to it. The last thing you want these days is to be known as the console where you're guaranteed to be called the N word.

If they attempted to "punish" me for something so stupid I'd sell my system ASAP and buy a Ps4, no way in hell am I going to pay to be banned for what I say. It's actually the main reason preventing me from buying one now, just gonna pick up another ps4 instead. I enjoy my digital content and freedom of speech.

If they attempted to "punish" me for something so stupid I'd sell my system ASAP and buy a Ps4, no way in hell am I going to pay to be banned for what I say. It's actually the main reason preventing me from buying one now, just gonna pick up another ps4 instead. I enjoy my digital content and freedom of speech.

I personally don’t care cause I never talk in anyway that could get me banned and I hardly play online as is. Either way I went with ps4 for other reasons.

Were these COD and GTA online players? They tend to attract the asshole types that get banned for harassing players

Were these COD and GTA online players? They tend to attract the asshole types that get banned for harassing players

My one buddy told me he was playing ARK when he got banned. Also, GTA will ban/mute you in game for infractions not your profile, which quite frankly is how it should be. Very counterproductive to ban players, all you will do is piss off people that spend money on your platform and cause them to switch. Not to mention tell their friends what's happening. That's how I heard about this whole banning thing, kid told me he got like a 48 hour comms ban for telling someone to fuck off.

Remember these are games that are rated mature and not meant for kids to be on at all. If you're an adult and you can't use the mute button or handle some shit talk you're way to sensitive and probably shouldn't be playing video games. Lol

Back