Does Werdum vs Volkov finally prove that Fedor rocked Werdum instead of being baited?

Proves that Doom has always rushed in with his chin, long time tactic.

I think what is really sad, is just dismissing it, even though it was the same for many of his contemporaries.

I won't expect you to have heard of these guys, but some examples are:
Big Nog
Crop Cop
Kevin Randleman
Don Frye
Ken Shamrock
Igor Vovchanchyn
Frank Mir
Tim Sylvia
Cain Velasquez (later contemporary)
Junior dos Santos (later also)
Pedro Rizzo
...And those are just heavyweights! I left out Lesnar and Arlovski because they've had strange journies.

Even lighter guys:
BJ Penn
Shogun
Wanderlei Silva
Rampage
Takanori Gomi
Matt Hughes
Babalu Sobral
Melvin Manhoef
Sakuraba

The list goes on.

This was my argument:
You could easily attribute Fedor looking worse to his bad training quality like you'd do with other fighter, but you prefer the logic of him being out of his prime @ age 34 or the obscure "MMA-mileage" bullshit.

What's puzzling is that you think that by making a list with fighters names is an answer to what I wrote in ANY way.

If I now write "Goodridge, Kerr and Coleman" does that do anything? By your logic it should.

He went to the ground against Volkov exactly like the Fedor fight when he was rocked. Many argue that Werdum was trapping Fedor but it seems differently
I didnt know this was ever a question. Fedor was tagging him on the feet and if he wasn’t such a killer, would have just called him right back up and won a standup fight easily

He went to the ground against Volkov exactly like the Fedor fight when he was rocked. Many argue that Werdum was trapping Fedor but it seems differently

NO. It has nothing to do with a completely different fight, years ago.

Fedor fans are p4p one of the Top 5 worst fanbases.

Does it matter? Whether he was baited by Werdum being rocked and recovering enough to triangle him, or baited by Werdum being clever, Fedor still was baited either way.

I didnt know this was ever a question. Fedor was tagging him on the feet and if he wasn’t such a killer, would have just called him right back up and won a standup fight easily

You're a red belt and haven't ever heard of anyone saying Werdum played possum??

<mma3>

please, he was 34

go look at the top 50 heavyweights in the world rn

86% of them are 34 and older

34 is prime age for a HW

On average, I would agree that 34 is still the end tail of prime for the "average" fighter.

However, whether an athlete is still considered in their prime depends on a lot of factors, including injuries, milage, and most importantly, style.

Fedor was frighteningly fast and explosive for a heavyweight in his 20s and relied heavily on his athleticism to overwhelm opponents. Speed and explosiveness tend to fade first with age, so fighters that tend to rely on these attributes tend not to do so well as they get older. Take Machida, Cro cop, or Koscheck for instance.

Strength, skill, and cardio lasts much longer though. This typically describes a greco wrestler with dirty boxing... which is why fighters like Couture, Hendo, and Cormier are able to compete at a high level even in their late 30s.

If you look at other sports, it follows a similar distribution. Running backs fall out of their prime by age 27 whereas offensive lineman can play well past their 30s.

if anything it proves Volkov has better sub defence than Fedor

You mean Fedor that when he was in his prime beat the shit out of Minotauro Nogueira in his guard ? ....

You're equating defending subs from a tired old man Werdum to defending subs from a prime Big Nog all the while beating the shit out of him inside his guard no less ?.

8699yjk.gif

BeyQn.gif

trollorjuststupid.jpg

Last edited:
Your Fay-dore tapped like a chicken. Deal with it.

Volkov and Fedor fight nothing alike, and their physical attributes are completely different, hell even their backgrounds before mma are completely different.
Did you make this thread cause they're both russian? how simple minded of u.

Only thing that fight proved was that Werdum is 40 years old... but can damn keep it competitive even at that age. Mega respect, but it's time to retire.

Volkov and Fedor fight nothing alike, and their physical attributes are completely different, hell even their backgrounds before mma are completely different.
Did you make this thread cause they're both russian? how simple minded of u.

Only thing that fight proved was that Werdum is 40 years old... but can damn keep it competitive even at that age. Mega respect, but it's time to retire.

I havent seen the whole fight, but holycrap ... volkovs legs are so fuken long ... jesus.

please, he was 34

go look at the top 50 heavyweights in the world rn

86% of them are 34 and older

34 is prime age for a HW
I hadn’t realized we had all been standardized to certain specifications. Are humans being built in factories now? There is a reason a fighter like Randy Couture will have more longevity than Fedor. It’s the same reason Bernard Hopkins had more longevity than Roy Jones Jr. Fighters that rely heavily on speed and reflexes will never age well.

I'm sure he felt it but I don't think he was rocked at all, I think the punch legit dropped him but he wasn't phased by it.

fazed*, not phased

typical red belt

I hadn’t realized we had all been standardized to certain specifications. Are humans being built in factories now? There is a reason a fighter like Randy Couture will have more longevity than Fedor. It’s the same reason Bernard Hopkins had more longevity than Roy Jones Jr. Fighters that rely heavily on speed and reflexes will never age well.

A fire that burns twice as bright only last half as long.

Back