Does Werdum vs Volkov finally prove that Fedor rocked Werdum instead of being baited?

This was my argument:

What's puzzling is that you think that by making a list with fighters names is an answer to what I wrote in ANY way.

If I now write "Goodridge, Kerr and Coleman" does that do anything? By your logic it should.
You even posted your quote again, which suggested that it wasn't mileage on his body. I listed a bunch of fighters who were in the same boat - their fights and training caught up with them in their early and mid-30s. Showing there is precedent for suggesting it happened to Fedor.

Then you tried to say that's not what you said...

He was the #1 HW in the world, quit making excuses

read below

And Fabricio Werdum was just the #2 HW. That doesnt change the fact that hes past his prime just like Fedor was 5 years past his prime in 2010.

Fedor was world HW champion in 2003, and defended the belt in the biggest fight of his life in 2005 where it was clear he was in his prime of youth, experience and athleticism. He could lose in 2010 as the #1 HW and it would still be safe to say that he was past his prime.

jesus how hard is this to understand....

thank you.

people saying 'oh he was #1 HW in the world' just proves how amazingly good he was. He was so fuckin good that he finished one guy after the next, YEARS after his prime. Just because he remained #1 doesnt mean he was at his physical best. It just means he was still better than the rest.

He flops in most of his fights, to bait people into BJJ situations, but since the Fedor fight nobody really falls for it. Its just a waste of energy at this point, he should stop doing it.

You even posted your quote again, which suggested that it wasn't mileage on his body. I listed a bunch of fighters who were in the same boat - their fights and training caught up with them in their early and mid-30s. Showing there is precedent for suggesting it happened to Fedor.

Then you tried to say that's not what you said...

No, you just listed a bunch of fighters and attributed their losses to "MMA-mileage" instead of giving props to the opponents that beat them. That's a disrespectful move and if I was Matt Serra I would call you a piece of shit because of it. You're trying to say that Werdum submitted Fedor because of his "mileage" and you think by namedropping a few fighters in a list you're strengthening your argument? I didn't imagine someone could be that stupid, so I didn't realize that you actually think you're making a point with your silly list. Sorry.

Now on to dismantle your very valuable opinion:
People get caught all the time, it's what happens in BJJ. Every day fighters egos are getting tested in gyms around the world when they get caught in triangles, armbars and ankle locks. You acting like it isn't business as usual shows how little you know about fighting and grappling in particular.

So please sit down, shut up and go attend a BJJ class instead of wasting your life talking about things you know nothing about.

No, you just listed a bunch of fighters and attributed their losses to "MMA-mileage" instead of giving props to the opponents that beat them. That's a disrespectful move and if I was Matt Serra I would call you a piece of shit because of it. You're trying to say that Werdum submitted Fedor because of his "mileage" and you think by namedropping a few fighters in a list you're strengthening your argument? I didn't imagine someone could be that stupid, so I didn't realize that you actually think you're making a point with your silly list. Sorry.

Now on to dismantle your very valuable opinion:
People get caught all the time, it's what happens in BJJ. Every day fighters egos are getting tested in gyms around the world when they get caught in triangles, armbars and ankle locks. You acting like it isn't business as usual shows how little you know about fighting and grappling in particular.

So please sit down, shut up and go attend a BJJ class instead of wasting your life talking about things you know nothing about.
Dismantle? That's cute. The point, that you've missed by a country mile, is that fighters get old. Their speed drops, their reflexes dull, their strength disappears, their chin cracks. The original post was about Fedor being in his prime, which he obviously wasn't. He was even slowing down as far back as the Hunt fight.

The list was a bunch of fighters whose primes has passed them. We could not only see from their records, but mostly by watching them fight. Which I can tell, you haven't done. Things like age, fighting style, training style, sheer damage does that to fighters. I don't expect a teenager to understand, though.

I never stated that mileage led to Fedor being submitted. Simply that he wasn't the old Fedor for a while before that. Again, something that an educated fan would know.

It's also cute that you grapple with your school friends at lunchtime. I'm a brown belt.

Dismantle? That's cute. The point, that you've missed by a country mile, is that fighters get old. Their speed drops, their reflexes dull, their strength disappears, their chin cracks. The original post was about Fedor being in his prime, which he obviously wasn't. He was even slowing down as far back as the Hunt fight.

The list was a bunch of fighters whose primes has passed them. We could not only see from their records, but mostly by watching them fight. Which I can tell, you haven't done. Things like age, fighting style, training style, sheer damage does that to fighters. I don't expect a teenager to understand, though.

I never stated that mileage led to Fedor being submitted. Simply that he wasn't the old Fedor for a while before that. Again, something that an educated fan would know.

It's also cute that you grapple with your school friends at lunchtime. I'm a brown belt.

You're a brown belt only in your own mind, buddeh. No legit brown belt would ever shit on Fabricio like you do. And if you are, you deserved to get the shit slapped out of you by your instructor.

"Werdum only won cause Fedor was slow, had dull reflexes, his strength dissapeared and his chin was cracked. Hurr durr"

Did I forget something? Ah, yes, I distinctly remember that certain nuthuggers were claiming Fedor lost cause he got CURSED. You remember that too, right?

I'm 32 by the way. The way you are describing it I will be an empty shell of my current self in two years. I guess I should start preparing to get my shit pushed in for sparring sessions soon. Not to mention every whitebelt is going to submit me left and right. You know, cause I'll be slow, weak and my reaction time will be 5+ seconds.

But sure, you don't expect a teenager to understand. lol, what a joke you are.

Back