Does Overeem even train

What did Lesnar do for cardio? He was about as big as Ubereem and never gassed.

think he used the illiptical(sp?) machine, sure I seen him mention he used it before lifting on a countdown show

Cardio only matters so much when you're wearing a giant meat suit.

Cardio is for women. He needs to trane UFC.

he runs.. there are several vids of him sprinting in his online doc

i have a hard time believing that. but josh would know better than most.

still would be ridiculous if true. especially when you can attribute overeems losing streak to his inability to go fifteen minutes.

When you weigh 250+ lbs, running can take a toll on your knees.

Well I'm sure he has better cardio than the average person his size. If true this would imply he does train cardio. No idea how much he does relative to other hw's though

i have a hard time believing that. but josh would know better than most.

still would be ridiculous if true. especially when you can attribute overeems losing streak to his inability to go fifteen minutes.

Running is bad for heavyweights, way too much pressure on their knees. There are much better ways for them to train cardio. Josh never said they don't do cardio, only that they don't run.

Of course he does! In fact, here's his training regiment:

(1) Pull the plunger back on the syringe.

(2) Insert needle into arm/buttock;

(3) Depress plunger.

laughing.gif

phone.gif

Yeah brah, right into the bicepts fer dem gainz!!!!

I don't know when people will realize this, but having excellent cardio is part hard work, and MOSTLY A GIFT.
You can train something all you want, but it only comes out if you actually have it in you.

I would bet there are a thousand fighters in the USA who train cardio as hard as Frankie Edgar does, but nearly every single one of them will never be able to keep Frankie's pace for 25 minutes. That is because Frankie is more gifted.

Since Overeem doesn't have that gift, his best bet is to try to take care of business in the first 3 minutes. That was a major blunder to fight Bigfoot the way he did; I had a bad feeling for him when the horn sounded signaling the end of R2.
He wouldn't admit it, but he gassed against Werdum and almost got caught in a heel hook at the end. He might have lost that fight if there was another round, even though Werdum's cardio is nothing special.

he def works on his cardio, just not as much as he should be obviously seeing that his biggest problem is his lack of being able to last more than a round without gassing the f out. his documentaries (the Reem) show him running but who knows how much he actually does consistently.

I doubt people want to see training videos of a fighter running. So they put all the weightlifting, battle rope, kettle bell, rock throwing or whatever the fuck in those videos.

His version of cardio is a lot of sparring. Not enough as you get older.

Back