Does Conor have an inability to learn sub defense

So if the Conor vs Cowboy match happens, could Conor weather the storm if it goes to the ground?

Also keep in mind when Frank Trigg kept getting subbed it was a wrap but i guess Conor gets a pass.
Conor gets no pass from me. I love nothing more than to watch him lose.

Whoever Conor fights next he will beat in my opinion, a) because Dana has too much invested in him to throw him to a real lion, and b) because Conor knows full well that if he loses his next fight there is a huge risk of him tumbling into obscurity.

Problem is McGregor never going to spend 5-6 hours, day in day out grappling. Not something you can just pick up in a fight camp. He would have needed to develop that skill set before his superstardom. Only so many hours in a day and between appearances, business obligations and parties it will never happen. We have already seen the best version of McGregor, can't see him getting better in and aspect.

So getting subbed by Khabib on the 4th round is bad sub defense? TS seems to be "never really trained" type.
The bad sub defense comes from the fact that he never fought hands or tried to escape. But I will agree with the fact that subbing people is easier when they have nothing left in the tank. Honestly, I think Conor was looking for a way out more than anything. But if he truly wasn't looking for a way out, then his sub defense was bad with as fast and easy it was sunk in. There are tons of things Conor could have done to try and prevent the sub.

The issue is that at this point, Conor doesn't have the needed time to improve it to an elite level. His sub defense isn't special. And along with having shitty cardio, he's an easy target in the later rounds.

He can get better anytime he chooses but for a guy who talks about breaking boundaries and changing the game he doesnt seem to want to step out of that striking comfort zone to get worked on the mat a few times by some legit guys and maybe learn a thing or two. His defense sucks because he doesnt want to go through the effort and struggles to properly improve it. Also having a terrible gas tank surely doesnt help but thats another thing he seems to ignore in training.

He has improved his grappling over time. When you're a world champion, the competition gets better. He got better but so did the guys strangling him.

Point am also making is that a few experts are pointing out how he doesnt defend correctly. After Nate he should knw how to defend.
Lol dude, against Khabib and Diaz he was very gassed and worn out. Technique gets bad after a beating.

Ok i get it so let's ignore all the times we were told Conor is training bjj and has improved. Let's ignore wht Ali and Rogan said about Conor could have defended it but didnt know how.
You do realise that there's a defense to ALL submissions, right?

By your logic, no fighter who "knows BJJ" should have ever tapped to a sub.

images

It's his cardio that is garbage. That leads to him being easy to punch and then easy to sub.

He doesn't have a submission defence issue, he has a quitting issue

I'd argue Rumble had the same thing

not an inability - a lack of interest. strikers like him just aren't interested in the ground game, they are going to live and die by their bread and butter. esp at this stage of his career.

He probably does fine in the gym but when he's in a fight and starts to break he just gives up.

I think why Conor never learned sub defense is because you're not allowed to grapple-fuck him in training.

Do sherdoggers have the inability to create decent threads? Wtf is this?

Big Nog has been submitted....what about him?

Shit happens. Conor ran out of gas and got caught. He wasn't getting out so he tapped. End of story.
If the fight happens again and Conor turns up the offense theres a chance Khabib gets KOd. Name of the game. Move on.
The end.

Read the whole post. Conor has been subbed by more then just Khabib. Do ur homework before u speak.

He got subbed twice after starting MMA. He’s only been subbed twice since by two of the best grapplers in the sport while gassed out of his mind. Khabib couldn’t even advance position until he dropped him. So much reaching.

This is after the illegal knee, Conor actually defended it
giphy.gif

Conor has his toes hooked into the fence. Damn. Is it possible to find a gif of the fight where he's not cheating?

Last edited:
Back