Does Conor have an inability to learn sub defense

That’s a bet you would lose. Even my poor explanation of Chad last ditch effort is better than the analysis you have provided. Chad possess enough points of control to go for the guilotine, and he initiated if from half guard. That’s why it wasn’t very good attempt, and why he failed. Chad also gave up position to do so, which was a huge mistake.

If you need any of that explained to you, then maybe you’re the one that’s never been in the gym. That or you clearly didn’t learn anything while you were there. You should ask for your money back. You’ve make it obvious you don’t know what you’re talking about. Like I said, you should post less and watch more fights.

<36>

The guy who literally pays to post is telling others to post less. How about you stop posting all together since it rustles you so much?

You can't break down the choke or how Conor got out of it. Sit down and be quiet.

He has the skills - he's just a quitter and looks for a way out of hardship.

Jake Shields trained at Fairtex for years but still couldn’t fix his striking

Lack of stamina for long fights and TDD when people take him down but above all GRIT TO ESCAPE AND SURVIVE.

<36>

The guy who literally pays to post is telling others to post less. How about you stop posting all together since it rustles you so much?

You can't break down the choke or how Conor got out of it. Sit down and be quiet.

You didn’t ask me to explain how Conor got out of it. You needed an explanation of why it was a poor attempt by chad. You’ve still provided no analysis of your own besides “he did well against Mendes.”

You’re best retort is that I pay to post. So not only do you not know anything about the subject you’re poor as well. I can see why you’re so defensive about Conor. His accomplishments are all you have. Someday when you grow up you’ll realize ones own accomplishments are better than appropriating someone else’s. My condolences, the bums lost.

Last edited:
He needs better training partners, specially grappling experts who won't cater to his him and push him to the limit. The problem is he has burnt bridges with his attitude that he'll never have what I believe the right people to push him to the next level.

I mean, he clearly has a weakness on his back. Is he terrible? No, but does have a problem conceding to the submission when he's out of gas. Thing is, against a guy like Khabib, he has to be able to match him at every angle. Sprawl game gotta be on point, distance game gotta be on point, strking when Khabib shoots in gotta be rehearsed, the whole 9. Anyone who can heavily put that game and kinda pressure on Conor is gonna make it hard for him.

Conor doesn't have that kinda stamina and or grit to last against it for long. Conor isn't a Whitaker or Jones type when it comes to stifling heavy pressure folk. At the top of the pack, there's no sympathy for low cardio and/or inability to stop the pressure.

This is after the illegal knee, I suck conors cawk
giphy.gif

In fairness his ground game is decent. Khabib didn't really get much off in round 1.

Conor just cannot do well against adversity. Khabib said this in the prefight.

Yes but at this point I don’t think he cares.

Kill or be killed I think is his attitude going forward. He accomplished what he ser out to do anything else at this point is just gravy fpr him.

In fairness his ground game is decent. Khabib didn't really get much off in round 1.

Conor just cannot do well against adversity. Khabib said this in the prefight.

Yup I love Conor and he is probably the best front runner in the game. The only time we ever saw him bend and not break was vs Chad and in hindsight I actually feel he was lucky to win that. (Chad defs went for a sloppy sub)

If he had managed to keep doing what he had done in r 2 and 3 vs Khabib he was a real chance at winning. But his Cardio and will is to easily broken.

Will still root and cheer for him.

Nate and Khabib have trained submissions their entire lives. There's no guarantee that you will ever catch up to those guys regardless of how much you train. You seriously think that Rogan and Ali explaining will make a difference? Conor trains with elite grapplers all the time, but he doesn't have the talent or the time to master grappling.

Back