Does BJJ Work In Real Fighting?

Ok, to end this debate. This is a gif of two BJJ black belts trying to take on Amature boxer with only 10 fights.
b6i7iKe.gif

This is a real life situation people. You roll around with your buddies on some padded mat in your karate costumes thinking your badass. When you got guys like this, who learn how to throw punches that shut your lights out on day 1. Spending hours sparring vicious Mexicans and shit, getting your head rattled, learning how to truly fight.
Boxing > BJJ

I think people like you are just jealous of people that know BJJ and just take every opportunity to bash it because your too lazy to do it.

It works dumbass. See Royce Gracie or if your too lazy to do that go try s free BJJ class and roll with when a white belt with a year training and see how it feels.

Jackass

Lol sure.

Luckily there's a depth of European promotions to choose from and once you tell them what a star you are and how Bjj is shit I'm sure you'll have no end of offers. They'll pay your flights, accommodation and sling you some cash on top. A great offer for a quick 30 seconds of work wouldn't you say?
You seriously think it would take me that long to take out some BJJ dweeb? Keep talking and you’ll be my victim.

No it doesn’t man. It’s for children. They put on costumes with colorful belts, and bow to the fricken air, before getting on cushy mats and cuddling with each other. It’s for people who couldn’t handle a boxing gym. They go and play fight, cuz they couldn’t handle real fighting.

Ok I was half kidding about you being jealous etc but now I'm starting to wonder if a Bjj white belt fucked your mom, didn't call her back , and before he left he gave you a wedgie.

You seriously think it would take me that long to take out some BJJ dweeb? Keep talking and you’ll be my victim.

What ever gave you the idea that I thought you would win?

As for fighting, why would I? What's in it for me. All I did was explain to you that you could prove what we all know from the early UFC's. That you're on here boasting not in a ring or cage proving your point makes one hell of an argument.....

I think people like you are just jealous of people that know BJJ and just take every opportunity to bash it because your too lazy to do it.

It works dumbass. See Royce Gracie or if your too lazy to do that go try s free BJJ class and roll with when a white belt with a year training and see how it feels.

Jackass
I’m willing to do a real sport/fighting style like boxing, but I’m too lazy to do BJJ? Please keep the trolling to a minimum.

And it absolutely does not work. Didn’t you just watch Covington vs Maia?

You don’t know me. You don’t know the lengths I will go for my trolling satisfaction.

The gif I showed you before proves that boxing is the best martial art for taking on multiple attackers. So you’re wrong there.

And to further my point that boxing > BJJ, Here’s a gif of an 80 year old former boxer fighting ido portal, the guy who taught the champ champ all his grappling. This match was under MMA rules.
ehpxgyecpejz.gif

thats a pretty funny bait. i lold

What ever gave you the idea that I thought you would win?

As for fighting, why would I? What's in it for me. All I did was explain to you that you could prove what we all know from the early UFC's. That you're on here boasting not in a ring or cage proving your point makes one hell of an argument.....
You know, I don’t really like your tone right now. What is that I’m sensing, am I sensing someone needs a taste of some hands?
I am! Could this someone possibly be you, my dear friend mon?

You know, I don’t really like your tone right now. What is that I’m sensing, am I sensing someone needs a taste of some hands?
I am! Could this someone possibly be you, my dear friend mon?

Hush child.

Go get a gig in any promotion, get a free holiday for a few days and some cash and show us don't tell us.

Marcus Davies had 20 pro boxing fights and won 17 of them. Probably the best interview was him candidly telling other boxers he was wrong. He thought "look at these guys shit boxing, I'll be world champ in 2 years"

Art jimmerson is another great example.

Hush child.

Go get a gig in any promotion, get a free holiday for a few days and some cash and show us don't tell us.

Marcus Davies had 20 pro boxing fights and won 17 of them. Probably the best interview was him candidly telling other boxers he was wrong. He thought "look at these guys shit boxing, I'll be world champ in 2 years"

Art jimmerson is another great example.
Fine, I’ll do it your way. After I ko some BJJ nerd in 15 secs, then what?

Switch bjj with boxing same concept. James Tony couldn't stop a take down from a high school wrestler. How long did Tony last against couture? Refresh my memory.

I’m willing to do a real sport/fighting style like boxing, but I’m too lazy to do BJJ? Please keep the trolling to a minimum.

And it absolutely does not work. Didn’t you just watch Covington vs Maia?

Have you watched the literally thousands of other fights where it did?

Fine, I’ll do it your way. After I ko some BJJ nerd in 15 secs, then what?

Post the fight video from the promotion and get you professional fighter tag, or whatever it is they get. I'm talking about a promotion because that way there are no potential legal ramifications, the health risks are minimised for you both and your opponent wants to be in that situation. Ideally the announcer will state that you're here fighting tonight to demonstrate how truly effective boxing is in no holds barred combat.

Do you compete in boxing? If so post YouTube links as that's at least evidence you are talking some truth and will allow you to retain some credibility. Hopping on an anonymous forum talking shit and asking people out while not supplying anything but bluster does the opposite.

That's my opinion anyway, you're entitled to yours but if you're going to state what you have at least compete and prove it.

Last edited:
Post the fight video from the promotion and get you professional fighter tag, or whatever it is they get. I'm talking about a promotion because that way there are no potential legal ramifications, the health risks are minimised for you both and your opponent wants to be in that situation. Ideally the announcer will state that you're here fighting tonight to demonstrate how truly effective boxing is in no holds barred combat.

Do you compete in boxing? If so post YouTube links as that's at least evidence you are talking some truth and will allow you to retain some credibility. Hopping on an anonymous forum talking shit and asking people out while not supplying anything but bluster does to opposite.

That's my opinion anyway, you're entitled to yours but if you're going to state what you have at least compete and prove it.
I do compete. And I did have videos on YouTube. However they were removed for being “too brutal”. I am just a vicious animal, just a fucken boxing machine. And I will just have someone come to my gym and sign a waiver. It’s not that hard. I will make it fair to the BJJ bitch, an only use one hand while standing. I will post vid sometime this week, though it might not last long on YouTube due to how brutal my KO’s are.

I do compete. And I did have videos on YouTube. However they were removed for being “too brutal”. I am just a vicious animal, just a fucken boxing machine. And I will just have someone come to my gym and sign a waiver. It’s not that hard. I will make it fair to the BJJ bitch, an only use one hand while standing. I will post vid sometime this week, though it might not last long on YouTube due to how brutal my KO’s are.

Post them in the standup forum than, I think it's safe to assume sherdogs sensitivity to violence in a ring or cage is practically non existent.

I suspect you've got a nice troll link to Arts comment before fighting Royce but I will be high light Art Jimmersons name again in case I'm giving you too much credit.

In the video state this is for my sherdog credibility. I believe the Gracie gyms still have an except all challengers so that would be a good starting point for an opponent. You're a super high level boxer so I'd expect a good black belt opponent of similar weight.

Post them in the standup forum than, I think it's safe to assume sherdogs sensitivity to violence in a ring or cage is practically non existent.

I suspect you've got a nice troll link to Arts comment before fighting Royce but I will be high light Art Jimmersons name again in case I'm giving you too much credit.

In the video state this is for my sherdog credibility. I believe the Gracie gyms still have an except all challengers so that would be a good starting point for an opponent. You're a super high level boxer so I'd expect a good black belt opponent of similar weight.
Wait, the Gracie’s still have open challenges? If so, that will definitely be the route I go. The Gracie’s are bums these days when it comes to actual fighting. But their name still holds weight. I already have Mousasi on my record, adding a Gracie would do good things for my career.

All in all, despite the little bit of trolling between us, you’d be an absolute fool to actually believe that I wouldn’t be able to catch a BJJ guy before he could get me to the ground. These guys don’t strike man, they don’t know how to take a punch. And I hit so hard YouTube took my videos down. What part of the America are you from?

But you don’t have to take someone down to use BJJ?

For fucks sake. It’s like people who follow this sport don’t know anything about it.

Honestly, that’s the problem. Most people who follow MMA are borderline retards with almost zero technical knowledge about the sport itself.

Most of you are former pro-wrestling phags that just want to watch a couple of idiots punch each other to death.

100% of BJJ today is taught starting on the ground. Either from knees or guard.

Theoretically, you COULD use it standing up, granted BJJ students were taught how to fight from standing (dealing with punches and clinch against someone with superior strength and/or striking ability) but it's not done like that anymore. Also BJJ today is completely geared to groundfighting, moreso than the 99% it was before.

You're using the same theoretical arguments that McDojo TMA's use: "we theoretically COULD do _____ if it ever came to it, even though we hardly never train for it."

Also I noticed another TMA tactic that McDojo's use when they know their art is shown to be subpar: they use old examples of another art (TKD : Karate or Muay Thai :: Bjj : Wrestling) that had some success back in the day and equate it with their own.

I have experience with high levels in both areas, unlike the Bjj-only fanboys in this thread. Modern Bjj ingrains horrible habits that cost you bigtime in fights/sparring. Bjj has fallen way behind the curve.

Last edited:
Wait, the Gracie’s still have open challenges? If so, that will definitely be the route I go. The Gracie’s are bums these days when it comes to actual fighting. But their name still holds weight. I already have Mousasi on my record, adding a Gracie would do good things for my career.

All in all, despite the little bit of trolling between us, you’d be an absolute fool to actually believe that I wouldn’t be able to catch a BJJ guy before he could get me to the ground. These guys don’t strike man, they don’t know how to take a punch. And I hit so hard YouTube took my videos down. What part of the America are you from?

Make sure you tell them that while talking to the coach setting this up, ideally a Brazilian coach as they're renown for their sense of humour for derogatory comments directed at their style.

I'm not trolling at all in any one of my posts and I'd be an absolute fool to believe a word said until I hear you state this is for my sherdog credibility and see you koing a legitimate black belt of similar weight. These mystical examples of extreme violence in boxing would be nice while we wait though.

Anyway I'm tired, @ me if you post your fights

Back